• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calling All Prophets

This thread is for all Prophetic gifts. If you have a word from the Lord to share please do so Here I will be the first one to share:

1PET 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I heard God Say I am to return soon be ye holy for I will not wink at sin anymore I am coming for a spotless church without blemish and if I have to take some out to make sure there is no blemish then I will Thus saith the Lord

-The Prophet:cool:

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
I am always skeptical of those who say they have the gift of prophecy. I always wonder; when they are in the church parking lot prophecying, do they remember what the book of Jeremiah chapter 23 NLT has to say: " I am against these smooth-tongued prophets who say, ‘This prophecy is from the Lord!’ I am against these false prophets. Their imaginary dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people into sin. I did not send or appoint them, and they have no message at all for my people. I, the Lord have spoken!"

S-word

I am always skeptical of those who say they have the gift of prophecy. I always wonder; when they are in the church parking lot prophecying, do they remember what the book of Jeremiah chapter 23 NLT has to say: " I am against these smooth-tongued prophets who say, ‘This prophecy is from the Lord!’ I am against these false prophets. Their imaginary dreams are flagrant lies that lead my people into sin. I did not send or appoint them, and they have no message at all for my people. I, the Lord have spoken!"

And these are the same people to whom Jesus refers in Matthew 7: 22; "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name etc. And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Preacher_LaFleur

C.O.G.I.C.
Dont get me wrong, i am not saying that I don't beleive that there are people with this gift. I happened to run into very few, but let me give you a example. There was a lady who appraoched me in church and said, " God told me to tell you that you were going to loose weight." Wow, i said to myself, she did not tell me anything prophetical, it was more on the line of fortune telling.