• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CALLING ALL GAMERS! Important!

Circle_One

Just got another article request from my editor.

I need a 250 word article on top 5 video games for their November issue. Which means they needed it yesterday. Any consoles.

The catch: No violence or death, dismemberment or exploitation of women.

Please help.

List me your favorite non-violent video games... if you wouldn't mind. I'd highly appreciate it.

All posts will be fruballed :D

Thanks my loves.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es

I need a 250 word article on top 5 video games for their November issue. Which means they needed it yesterday. Any consoles.

Please help.

List me your favorite non-violent video games... if you wouldn't mind. I'd highly appreciate it.

Thanks my loves.
Wow... that's tough. Do they have to be recent?
Ok....These are new: Professor Layton and the Curious Village as well as its sequel Professor Layton and the Curious Village both for the NDS.

Older, but hazy on the "no death and violence" aspect would be Ico. There's some minor violence where Ico hits shadow monsters with a piece of wood but that's about it. It also happens to be one of the best games ever made.

Any of the Guitar Hero or Rockband games of course.

Skate is awesome- I'm not big on sports games but skateboarding is ok. ;)

And I can't leave out Spore though it does reach a stage where tribes go to war with each other but it's all strategy sim-like and not explicit.

Give me an hour and I can come up with 100 more. :)

Circle_One

I knew you'd come up with something! :D

I think by non-violence, he means like.. no blood, head-bashing, decapitation, etc. I'm sure, hitting a shadow monster with a block of wood will be ok :D

Thank you!

Edit: I have to spread some karma around before fruballing you again. Consider this an IOU.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Please help.

Thanks my loves.

Well, for my selection of faves (top five in no particular order)........

1) Little big planet

2) Dirt

3) Zen Pinball

4)Hoyle board games

5)Hoyle card games

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
If they have to be recent, that pretty much excludes me, because I'm primarily a retro gamer, and most modern games I like are violent-

OH! Wait!

Civilization IV.
Super Mario Galaxy.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
New Super Mario Bros.
Mega Man 9 (okay, I haven't technically played this one much, but... for the simple fact that it's the first game in the style of the games that brought console Video Games back from near extinction to be released since 1995... that ALONE gives it my vote.)

rojse

RF Addict
Well, don't keep us in suspense. Tell us what you've picked.

And I do want to read this article, too.

Circle_One

I haven't picked anything for sure yet.

I'm definitely going to do Little Big Planet because that game is ridiculous, and I'll probably do a Guitar Hero because everyone loves those.

Since it's now a Top 5 everyone should own, that opens it up to tons more possibilities. Last night I was thinking just recent! Now I have to think harder.

Erebus

What sort of game is that?

Hmmm, I loved super mario 64 and mario kart 64. I liked the original smash brothers. Spore is pretty good, as is the galactic adventures expansion.

Kind of hard to think of gore free games considering the amount of gore a game has is directly linked to how much I like it ;)

Mr Cheese

Tetris.....

just a classic....

and Pac Man....

pac-man-board.jpg

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Ah, no need to be recent?!

Great!

1.) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (for best Epic adventure game)
2.) Super Mario 64 (for best 3D platformer)
3.) Super Metroid (for best 2D platformer)
4.) TIE! Final Fantasy 6 or 7 (for best story/character-driven RPG I haven't played Chrono Trigger yet...)
5.) Sonic CD (for inescapable fanboyism lol)