• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California's Sup. Court Hearings on Prop 8

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Video for any who are interested. I thought it was interesting that you can watch the entire hearing online. (You need to skip through some intro stuff at the beginning)

The California Channel: Video on Demand Video

DISCLAIMER: I do not wish for this thread to turn into a flame fest. It is for informative purposes only. If you wish to argue something, please start another thread and simply link to it here.

Smoke

Done here.
I watched it in its entirety last night. Not very encouraging, though the justices did seem inclined to uphold the same-sex marriages already entered into. I find that odd since it seems to me to quite obviously fly in the face of the amendment; I think if you uphold the amendment you have to invalidate the existing marriages. But the justices don't seem to agree.

Smoke

Done here.
I really hope Proposition 8 gets revoked.
That would be nice, but I'm not holding out much hope after hearing the justices' comments -- especially Justice Kennard's.

We've discussed getting married when we're in San Diego, on the off chance Prop 8 is overturned, but we're expecting to get married in Connecticut in September as planned.

DarkMaster24

Sweet, hehe, I think you'll find yourself in good company here. Connecticut's a very liberal state, as most of New England is.

I just wish you didn't have to go through so much hassel to do what staright people take for granted. I was also thrilled when I heard Connecticut legalized gay marriage.