• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

California City Washes Away BLM Murial

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread should be fun.
upload_2020-7-28_11-47-52.gif

GameChanger

Disappointing this thread didn't explode the way I was anticipating.

My analysis:

Both BLM and MAGA are little more than battle cries that encompass vague ideals in response to perceived societal obstacles. They also happen to be the most polarizing movements in the world right now and have been for the past 5 years or so and their followers don't seem to mesh well with each other - BLM somewhat representing an anti-establishment, progressive flavour while MAGA is quite obviously populist and conservative.

To displace one in favor of the other seems deliberately inflammatory to me at a time when its clear that the emotions people attach to their political beliefs needs to be deescalated.

One must wonder.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I'll add something.
I don't approve of using public accommodations for personal messages. Hire a billboard or something. Possibly if there were a public referendum I'd grudgingly agree.

And I don't support either Trump or BLM. But I do see an important distinction.
BLM is a group devoted to a public social issue. To me, that's very different from a political campaign slogan of a current candidate for office. I would also oppose a campaign slogan from a politician I support. I don't care enough about Biden to even know what slogan he's using, but I'd still oppose putting it on a street. I see campaign slogans more like commercials. I see them as similar to an advertisement from Coca-Cola or Google. I'm not OK with that.
BLM is not in that category.
Tom

wellwisher

Are you aware that BLM is a business worth over $1.5 billion. It donates to the DNC which is why it was given dual standards. Once a fair standard for all was asked, then nobody gets to play.

BLM and ANTIFA are both part of a more progressive version of the KKK. Like the KKK of old, this more integrated version of the KKK, go into Democrat controlled inner city territories, before key elections, and terrorize the innocent blacks and minorities so they stay in line and vote Democrat. All black lives do not matter to BLM. They are more like the African warlords of the past who gathered slaves for the western slave trade.