• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Calculate Your 2019 RF Ratings Quotient

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Trolling ain't easy, eh?

Anyway, I don't even care what mine is and never bothered to look. :D

But, fact remains where the it's a voting mob those whom have higher scores are whoever is talking louder in the echo chamber. I'm too adversarial to care either way overly, but I find the fact that people feel special over it amusing.

RF isn't unique in that phenomena either and it's prevalent on nearly any forum you can visit. And, I mean any -- from alternative medicine, to psychology, or even a damn video game website. There is always a "bias" whether it be political, ideological, or religious in these sites.

I'm not going to dispute every word you've said here, since I don't necessarily disagree completely... but funny thing is, I'm left-leaning, and your ratio is pretty good, almost as high as mine.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Trolling ain't easy, eh?

Anyway, I don't even care what mine is and never bothered to look. :D

But, fact remains where the it's a voting mob those whom have higher scores are whoever is talking louder in the echo chamber. I'm too adversarial to care either way overly, but I find the fact that people feel special over it amusing. I know asking harder questions or making posts with challenging lines of thought or assertions are not good for the "score", so I'm fine with it.

RF isn't unique in that phenomena either and it's prevalent on nearly any forum you can visit. And, I mean any -- from alternative medicine, to psychology, or even a damn video game website. There is always a "bias" whether it be political, ideological, or religious in these sites.

I never really cared much about the "score" either. Besides, if downvoting and negative ratings were possible, then a lot of these "high scores" would probably balance out. But that would probably raise a lot of hackles, so I understand why that feature is not available.

I don't know how much actual bias there is on this site, but I don't see it as some kind of echo chamber. Overall, it's a pretty mixed bag of both left-wing and right-wing, along with religious and atheist/agnostic posters.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
received: 5252/17259 = 30.4

given: 7801/17259 = 45.2

What does it mean? I'm one person, and don't expect to receive a lot of likes, etc., in part because so many of my posts are in inane threads strictly for fun.

On the other hand, I read lots of threads by other people, and I like to scatter my appreciation around...people make good points, or make funny, or produce useful information...I don't have to ration my appreciation (as was the case under the original Frubal dynasty), and so I don't...

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Myself: 40.12

(5480 / 5302) (100) = 103.35 %

I suggest another way to calculate your quotient. Is the number of given ratings higher than the number of received ratings ? If yes, it means you are a generous, altruistic and good person

And if the opposite is true? What does that mean?

having a negative quotient can imply you have trouble acknowledging others' merits

Did you mean a low quotient? It can never be negative, since 0/x = 0 for all non-zero x's

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Considering I manage to **** off almost everyone about something, I think that's pretty good.

Not like the good old days of frubals though. Back then I considered a score of 10 excellent. Ratings are like making transactions in Monopoly money.
Tom

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I'm not going to dispute every word you've said here, since I don't necessarily disagree completely... but funny thing is, I'm left-leaning, and your ratio is pretty good, almost as high as mine.

I'm not politically leaning either way technically. I think all politicians are in the same business aka "screwing you", but I digress. :D Left-leaning politics are just a **** show for them to get something out of you, and so are their right-leaning apparent but not actually different counter positions. The left wants to enforce "diversity" for the means of exploiting the lower-class with government policy because their backer make money on that. The right does the same crap by enforcing tradition with government... So.... both are net losers... I prefer a government that moves with our needs and doesn't bother enforcing anything. It just provides the commonly needed resources and gets the hell out of our way. :D