• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CA Shooters most likely radical Islamic Extremists

leibowde84

Veteran Member
They say they found evidence but how do we know it wasn't planted there? How do we know? These are suspects to, not convicts so how do we even know they were involved?
There are videos, surviving victims, witness testimony, and the shooters co-workers who have all confirmed these things.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
He specifically said he wanted more boots on the ground and I don't think those soldiers are going over there for a picnic.

This is the thing with the war on terror,. It's a war with no end. Because they aren't fighting a state or country so there's no way to define a winner so the war goes on forever? Why do you think it hasn't ended? Or the war on poverty or war on drugs? They aren't going to end. And follow the money.
You keep on making claims about what Obama has said, but you haven't provided any sources to back them up.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
And what about it? Is that justification for hating over a billion people when they weren't involved? What if a few Ethiopians attacked? Would it be fair to go to war on the entire nation? That's insane.
We aren't at war with Muslims. And, from my experience here, I haven't seen too much discrimination against Muslims that is any worse than that I have seen against homosexuals.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So much about this makes no sense.
If Farook was a disgruntled employee who lashed out at coworkers, why the arsenal? Why bring the wife and mother of your child, getting her killed too?
But if you are an ideological terrorist, why shoot up your coworkers at a party? Why not use your arsenal on the courthouse, a shopping mall, or meat market/ dance club?

There are just no motivations that make any sense to me at this time.
Tom

Laika

Premium Member
Thought some stats might be useful to give some context. http://ourworldindata.org/data/war-peace/terrorism/

Number of deaths from terrorism worldwide (excluding Iraq from 2003 and Afghanistan from 2001)
Rate-of-deaths-from-terrorism-worldwide-1970-2007-except-Afghanistan-since-2001-and-Iraq-since-2003-Pinker0.png

leibowde84

Veteran Member
So much about this makes no sense.
If Farook was a disgruntled employee who lashed out at coworkers, why the arsenal? Why bring the wife and mother of your child, getting her killed too?
But if you are an ideological terrorist, why shoot up your coworkers at a party? Why not use your arsenal on the courthouse, a shopping mall, or meat market/ dance club?

There are just no motivations that make any sense to me at this time.
Tom
What they are saying is that the couple was planning something huge at a different location (they found 12 pipe bombs in their apartment), but that Farooq got in an argument with someone at work and snapped.

Theweirdtophat

What they are saying is that the couple was planning something huge at a different location (they found 12 pipe bombs in their apartment), but that Farooq got in an argument with someone at work and snapped.

Why would the wife go along with it if he snapped. And who said it was their stuff and that it wasn't planted there?

Jumi

Why would the wife go along with it if he snapped. And said it was there stuff and that it wasn't planted there?
They were planning terror together already and the wife is supposed to obey the husband. I don't see what's so strange about that.

Probably they were offended by something that was said and decided to act earlier than they had planned.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
And what about it? Is that justification for hating over a billion people when they weren't involved? What if a few Ethiopians attacked? Would it be fair to go to war on the entire nation? That's insane.

I'm certain that had some black guys pulled off 9/11 and the Ethiopian government gleefully taken responsibility for the attack, Ethiopia would now be a gravel pit.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Theweirdtophat

They were planning terror together already and the wife is supposed to obey the husband. I don't see what's so strange about that.

Probably they were offended by something that was said and decided to act earlier than they had planned.

Except that this guy had no criminal record and all of a sudden decided to do this? Most of these shooters had no criminal record and people around them can't believe they'd do something like this. That's what I find strange.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Why would the wife go along with it if he snapped. And who said it was their stuff and that it wasn't planted there?
Because, this is the United States and we are innocent until proven guilty. That is the purpose of defense attorneys. If the evidence was planted, it will be excluded from trial, and the defense attorney will make sure of that. Evidence has to be verified and substantiated, so if it was planted, it will be discovered as being such. Until there is evidence of it being planted, it is unreasonable to assume that it was, imho. That is conspiracy theorist territory ... Dale Gribble style.

Also, do you have any evidence to suggest it was planted beyond it merely seeming, to you, to look like it is an attempt to make people hate Muslims? I have been paying attention to this specific incident, and I haven't seen any reason to believe that there is a massive conspiracy going on to plant evidence and frame this couple. But, I'm all ears if you have it.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Except that this guy had no criminal record and all of a sudden decided to do this? Most of these shooters had no criminal record and people around them can't believe they'd do something like this. That's what I find strange.

While we are inventing conspiracy theories...
Maybe Farook's brother inlaw Khan is seething because now they won't get to shoot/blow up LAX on Christmas Eve. You can't prove that isn't true.
Tom

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That can easily be explained by radicalization, which has been a proven problem throughout the world when it comes to ISIS recruiting. So, what makes it hard for you to believe?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Maybe they were radicalized together. Radicalization is a common occurance these days, especially with those who aren't criminals already.