• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CA Pot Taxes Down Due To Illegal Market and Other Problems.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Over taxation appears to be their problem. Pot is legal in my state and it started out and always was more expensive than illegal pot. That is why there are still sales of illegal pot here. You would think that writers of the laws would have at least some knowledge of economics.
I don't think over taxation is their problem. The state made 430 million dollars according to the article. The problem is that many areas simply do not want the businesses in their area. People seem to think that California is some liberal extreme. When you look at California macroscopically, I can understand why people think that way. However, when you zoom in close there is much diversity.

Give a business owner a pedestal to complain about taxes and they will. The fact is that business is not stifled because of taxes, rather it is stifled because lots of communities do not want those businesses to operate there. So, there are lots of areas where it is inconvenient to get pot legally. The response: People continue to illegally purchase.

It should be a lesson for libertarians. People will generally act not in accordance with what is most convenient and beneficial for them, even when doing so is not beneficial for them in the long term.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The cartels are pretty much the primary suppliers and they'll usually undercut any small business and run them out of the neighborhood by undercutting and extortion.

God I wish the left would be more realistic when it comes to these whacked-out ideas.

What you see in Canada what going on already with legalized pot, in spite of allegations to the contrary, it's a no-brainer you're going to see it here in the states.

Licensed cannabis growers have ties to organized crime, Enquête investigation finds | CBC News

esmith

Veteran Member
Esmith sounds jealous of CA. At least you've now confirmed your not a libertarian. Good job
Nah, just laughing my *** off over CA political stupidity
You couldn't get me to go back there unless is was for a very very important reason.
We keep getting Californians up here escaping the political landscape. Oh course there are those that bring the CA liberalism up here, but they are not welcome.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Nah, just laughing my *** off over CA political stupidity
You couldn't get me to go back there unless is was for a very very important reason.
We keep getting Californians up here escaping the political landscape. Oh course there are those that bring the CA liberalism up here, but they are not welcome.
I wouldn't call taxing weed stupid. This is a non-story. CA did what it's citizens wanted and voted for. CA underestimated the competition. Wonder what CO is doing differently compared to CA?

You're only angry at democrats/liberals because of your media. They demonize the left 24/7, 365. There is no sleep from the GOP political tactics. Don't fall for them. But if you haven't caught on to the emotional trickery yet, I think all hope is lost.

esmith

Veteran Member
I wouldn't call taxing weed stupid. This is a non-story. CA did what it's citizens wanted and voted for. CA underestimated the competition. Wonder what CO is doing differently compared to CA?

You're only angry at democrats/liberals because of your media. They demonize the left 24/7, 365. There is no sleep from the GOP political tactics. Don't fall for them. But if you haven't caught on to the emotional trickery yet, I think all hope is lost.
Obviously you must think I really care what you think.