• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, Bye Theresa

Notanumber

A Free Man
As this proves, BBC comedy shows are in fact nothing more than distributors of propaganda.

No wonder many people are now reluctant to pay for a TV licence.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Mrs May said that she would not be the last woman Prime Minister. If that is the case then this woman is probably the best of the bunch.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Tyranny is when there is no vote.

How about when there is a vote. The results are not respected so there is a other vote. Same result as before, this time there is movement, but the E.U. refuses to make it easy, and 3 years go by,no action on Brexit still, and now another vote is called for because "people have changed their minds". Fact is if the E.U wasn't tyrannical they would have let the U.K go peacefully and still remain friendly.

Enoch07

Premium Member
His chances of becoming an MP are zero. He'll do well to stay out of prison.:D

They said the same in 2016 in the U.S.

They said the same in Austrailia up til a week ago or so.

We shall see in the U.K.

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
There's nothing stopping a future Prime Minister from unilaterally declaring the end of our EU membership before that now-extended deadline.

Indeed, but it should have been done already.

No-deal was not specifically named nor implied on the ballot paper.

Blame the E.U. they are the ones extorting the U.K. basically.

Given how much time the unrepentant Leavers have spent tantruming that we haven't left yet, and that the EU are a bunch of bullies for not giving us what we want when we want it, I can't consider the UK "an adult country".

To be fair, 3 years is a little ridiculous. So yeah they have a right to complain.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Indeed, but it should have been done already.

The only problem with that is a no-deal Brexit is not what was voted for. To do so would be to defy the will of the people that you lot keep harping on about.

Blame the E.U.

For what? British politicians failing to be consistent about what type of Brexit they want or was allegedly voted for? For not having a plan in place should the Leave vote win? For British politicians wasting 3 years of negotiating time they voluntarily started the clock on?

they are the ones extorting the U.K. basically.

In what sense are they extorting the UK?

To be fair, 3 years is a little ridiculous. So yeah they have a right to complain.

To be fair to whom? Quitlers? How's about we don't be fair to you because
  • You lot have consistently been the worst, most ungracious winners I've ever seen since the referendum result was announced;
  • You lot can't even stay consistent on what type of Brexit was voted for;
  • You lot barely know how the EU works but like to blame it for everything;
You voted to restore Parliamentary sovereignty and now you're salty that said Parliament is doing things in its usual half-assed and ill-thought out way.
The Leave campaign was based on nothing but lies spoon-fed to you by disaster capitalists & the affluent who will only gain from Brexit, and the promises & claims which were made on the run-up to the vote have evaporated after the fact as the cold light of day shines on the jingoistic, self-indulgent nonsense you've deluded yourselves into believing.

And every time we've pointed this out to you we're called 'Remoaners' or 'Project Fear'.

How about when there is a vote. The results are not respected so there is a other vote. Same result as before, this time there is movement, but the E.U. refuses to make it easy, and 3 years go by,no action on Brexit still, and now another vote is called for because "people have changed their minds". Fact is if the E.U wasn't tyrannical they would have let the U.K go peacefully and still remain friendly.

What planet are you from where there's been two votes? We've had one unless you're also counting the one in the seventies and that returned a majority pro-EU.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Nope, Brexit and the hard line undemocratic no deal demanders created the position. The UK did not vote for no deal
I don't pretend to understand the complexities. So I'm just asking.

If the British voted to leave, without voting on leaving with "a deal", didn't they vote to leave with no deal?
Maybe they assumed that a deal would be done, but as far as I can see they voted to leave. Period.
No deal.

Having put the British government in that position, I see no reason for anybody else to take up the slack. If other EU countries see an opportunity to screw Britain, well, the British voted for it. Not the Germans or Spanish or whatever.
Tom

Enoch07

Premium Member
The only problem with that is a no-deal Brexit is not what was voted for. To do so would be to defy the will of the people that you lot keep harping on about.

The fact that the E.U. refuses to give any kind of compromise at all. Is good enough reason for most leavers to accept a no-deal Brexit.

For what?

For being greedy tyrants.

In what sense are they extorting the UK?

When the E.U takes U.Ks money for being apart of the E.U. Then the U.K decides they want to leave. But the E.U. won't let them leave, threatening to not trade with the I.K etc, while still taking money from the U.K.

Sounds like extortion to me.

ex·tor·tion
/ikˈstôrSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. the practice of obtaining something, especially money, through force or threats.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't pretend to understand the complexities. So I'm just asking.

If the British voted to leave, without voting on leaving with "a deal", didn't they vote to leave with no deal?
Maybe they assumed that a deal would be done, but as far as I can see they voted to leave. Period.
No deal.

Having put the British government in that position, I see no reason for anybody else to take up the slack. If other EU countries see an opportunity to screw Britain, well, the British voted for it. Not the Germans or Spanish or whatever.
Tom

How the uk left was not even discussed nor was it mentioned on tbe voting paper. To claim "no deal" was what the uk voted for is a lie.

I believe it was assumed the the government would leave in a manner that was best for britain as a whole,not just the far right little englanders.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
How the uk left was not even discussed nor was it mentioned on tbe voting paper. To claim "no deal" was what the uk voted for is a lie.

I believe it was assumed the the government would leave in a manner that was best for britain as a whole,not just the far right little englanders.
But they did vote to leave. No particular deal was mentioned. That's voting to leave with no deal.

EU doesn't like the deals offered by Britain. Britain doesn't like the deals offered by the EU. But Britain already voted to leave, so they don't really have any leverage. They're committed to Brexit, but the EU is not.
So, why should the EU offer anything but the most advantageous terms for EU member countries? Isn't that the point to the EU?
Tom

Again, I am asking questions. I can barely keep up with the stupidity of my own country. I don't claim to understand European stupidity.

Altfish

Veteran Member
But they did vote to leave. No particular deal was mentioned. That's voting to leave with no deal.

EU doesn't like the deals offered by Britain. Britain doesn't like the deals offered by the EU. But Britain already voted to leave, so they don't really have any leverage. They're committed to Brexit, but the EU is not.
So, why should the EU offer anything but the most advantageous terms for EU member countries? Isn't that the point to the EU?
Tom

Again, I am asking questions. I can barely keep up with the stupidity of my own country. I don't claim to understand European stupidity.
No.
During the election the sort of deals we would get was a Norway + or a Canada +
The offer now available is none of those, nothing like it.