• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, Bye Theresa

exchemist

Veteran Member
His chances of becoming an MP are zero. He'll do well to stay out of prison. :D

He does not intend to become an MP. He says Westminster is a nest of vipers.

On what charge?[/QUOTE]
Depend what he he says or does over the coming months. With a mouth and an internet persona like his, it could be any one of a number of things.

Anyway at least you and I agree he'll get nowhere in politics.

Notanumber

A Free Man
He does not intend to become an MP. He says Westminster is a nest of vipers.

On what charge?
Depend what he he says or does over the coming months. With a mouth and an internet persona like his, it could be any one of a number of things.

He has a chance of becoming an MEP and would make a very good one.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member

He has a chance of becoming an MEP and would make a very good one.[/QUOTE]
All the racists and xenophobes will vote Brexit Party or UKIP ahead of SYL; I believe he has more chance of losing his deposit than getting elected.
But who knows, I suppose his supporters will at least get out .. the Remain voters will be in dribs and drabs having their vote split, many not bothering at all.

Notanumber

A Free Man
All the racists and xenophobes will vote Brexit Party or UKIP ahead of SYL; I believe he has more chance of losing his deposit than getting elected.
But who knows, I suppose his supporters will at least get out .. the Remain voters will be in dribs and drabs having their vote split, many not bothering at all.

If the election has not been rigged, Tommy should be a certainty.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He has a chance of becoming an MEP and would make a very good one.
Sometimes I can't help but assume that you are trying to be funny.

Carl Benjamin would be a great choice for catering events of the rough hide variety, if one is into that.

Which I suppose means that he is exactly where he should be.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Those that are elected are not the ones making the laws. That is one of the EU’s major failings.
Not even remotely.

To the extent that I understand what you mean, I must assume that you are not realizing that law making requires a certain technical ability. Elected people should establish the parameters, but not pushed into roles that they lack the ability to fulfill.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The ability to rule their own country instead of the fat cats in Brussels. The ability to control it's own borders and the amount of immigration that comes into the country.

Newsflash: the British Government has had control of its borders and immigration this entire time. Successive administrations have just refused to use those powers. Case in point, the Netherlands & Germany have certain criteria immigrants have to meet before they're allowed to settle in these countries. So having the powers and using them are two different things.

You might want to ask yourself why:
  1. New Labour underfunded & overall neglected the Borders Agency;
  2. The Tories complained about it while doing the same;

How about not allowing one of its countries to leave after its citizens voted TWICE to leave. That sounds like tyranny to me. If the E.U wasn't tyrannical they would have made compromises to let Brexit happen, and then still be on friendly terms and make trade deals etc. But instead they want to play hard ball and try to make it as difficult as possible. Sounds like tyranny to me.

The EU isn't stopping us from leaving. The Prime Minister asked Brussels for an extension to our Article 50 deadline which the EU granted us in good faith. They did not force it on us. There's nothing stopping a future Prime Minister from unilaterally declaring the end of our EU membership before that now-extended deadline.

And by whose count have we voted twice to leave? We've only had one referendum (recently). The last one we had in the 70s returned a convincing majority for being in, not out.

The U.K will recover from a hard exit.

It will be recovering from wholly unnecessary economic damage that was self-inflicted and not something people voted for. No-deal was not specifically named nor implied on the ballot paper.

It's an adult country it can handle itself in the world without having to bend the knee to Brussells for scraps.

Given how much time the unrepentant Leavers have spent tantruming that we haven't left yet, and that the EU are a bunch of bullies for not giving us what we want when we want it, I can't consider the UK "an adult country".

Carl Benjamin 2020 baby!
View attachment 29374
Just saying! ;)

Schrodinger's ********* 2020

20795.jpg