• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, Bye Theresa

Altfish

Veteran Member
A resounding endorsement of McVey from the Labour Mayor of Liverpool...

Anderson has written to all Tory MPs warning
While convention might dictate that members of other parties only comment from afar, I feel compelled to write to all members of the ‘selectorate’ and intervene on behalf of the millions of people in our country who face, in the words of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, ‘destitution’ … On behalf of the people of Liverpool, and the most vulnerable in our country, I write with a simple plea: anyone but Esther McVey”.
From the Bedroom Tax to Universal Credit she has been the torch bearer for austerity politics which have caused untold misery and suffering up and down the country … Policies that failed to tackle hardship and were so misguided that the UN special rapporteur concluded they were systematically entrenching poverty”.
Policies that have systematically targeted the poor, punished those trying to work their way out of poverty, hassled disabled people into illness and castigated single parents trying their best to bring up their children … The prospect of someone with such a record rising to the most powerful position in the country will send a shiver down the spine of the millions of people living hand to mouth just to get by

Notanumber

A Free Man
A resounding endorsement of McVey from the Labour Mayor of Liverpool...

Anderson has written to all Tory MPs warning
While convention might dictate that members of other parties only comment from afar, I feel compelled to write to all members of the ‘selectorate’ and intervene on behalf of the millions of people in our country who face, in the words of the Joseph Rowntree Foundation, ‘destitution’ … On behalf of the people of Liverpool, and the most vulnerable in our country, I write with a simple plea: anyone but Esther McVey”.
From the Bedroom Tax to Universal Credit she has been the torch bearer for austerity politics which have caused untold misery and suffering up and down the country … Policies that failed to tackle hardship and were so misguided that the UN special rapporteur concluded they were systematically entrenching poverty”.
Policies that have systematically targeted the poor, punished those trying to work their way out of poverty, hassled disabled people into illness and castigated single parents trying their best to bring up their children … The prospect of someone with such a record rising to the most powerful position in the country will send a shiver down the spine of the millions of people living hand to mouth just to get by

Do you trust Joe?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Lighten up a little and show us where I have condemned anyone on here for their beliefs.

Nice attempt at moving the goalposts. I was taking issue with you baselessly accusing @Altfish of supporting communism even though he's a centrist. Focus on the issue at hand instead of trying to dishonestly evade all the time, please.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't usually say OMG but OMG! Mind you, I have no idea what to hope for...there seems at this point to be none at all. Its a pretty abysmal list - even by Tory standards.
As someone who is fairly in the middle ground of politics, slightly to the left to be honest; it is a holy mess.
Part of me thinks (hopes??) that Johnson wins it, we crash out of the EU, the Tories implode; the country goes into recession and the Tories become unelectable. But then I see the likes of Farage creeping up and taking advantage along with his rich backers.
A pity we don't have a good opposition.

siti

A pity we don't have a good opposition.
As an external observer these last twenty years, its hard to figure out what could possibly have gone so badly wrong...if there was ever a time for an opposition to "make hay" politically...but all the Labour Party seems to be doing is stepping in cow pats of its own making...I dunno - maybe Corbyn is right to sit on the fence and watch the Tories "implode" as you say...but what will be the use of winning a general election after we are already out of Europe? We ain't going back in after that - for sure. I can't see any government of any colour retaining meaningful power for any length of time for at least the next decade...the only saving grace in all this is that whichever one of these ne'er-do-wells wins the Tory leadership, their time in office will undoubtedly be a rather brief swan song.

JJ50

The Tories are likely to be doomed if Johnson becomes PM, he behaves in such an idiotic way. I hope the Lib Dems can become a party of note again, having been in the doldrums for quite a while.

siti

So, we're left with Johnson or Hunt
Well at least its not Gove...he said trying his best to be thankful for the smallest of small mercies! I'd like to say that things can only get better...but I'm pretty sure they're going to get much, much worse first. RIP the Disunited Queendom - heaven knows what is to become of you.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Scots Wha Hae is Burns' famous poem about the Scottish victory at Bannockburn...and the song of the SNP. If we consign the Disunited Queendom to history it will most likely because Scotland re-establishes her own independent sovereignty.
Must admit, I feel a great affinity for Scotland at the moment; I may have an opportunity to move up there. I will jump at it if it arrives. England has lost its way.

siti

Must admit, I feel a great affinity for Scotland at the moment
I had many great holidays in Scotland and some of my family live there - in Aberdeen. In an earlier phase of my life hill walking and cycling were my main leisure activities after I lost interest in team sports (mainly 'cos I wasn't particularly good at any of them). Some of the best days of my life. I'm too far away to get there for short breaks now but my wife and I are hoping to make it to the western highlands at least once more - its on our 'bucket list'.