• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bye, Bye Theresa

Altfish

Veteran Member
Politics is a dirty business as the Peterborough election proves.

Labour is in the sewer on anti-Semitism

Danny McPhee 9 Jun 2019 1:38PM

Apparently, Naz Shah has just apologised for anti-Semitic comments. Great. Now then, she did remark that the raped girls of Rotherham should "shut their mouths for the sake of diversity", and was duly promoted to the Labour front bench. My goodness, how the self-proclaimed "morally superior" stink to high heaven.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
I condemn the anti-Semitic remarks of Labour and the anti-Muslim remarks by the Tories, UKIP, Brexit and Mr2%

Would you consider doing the same?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Two wrongs don't make a right.
I condemn the anti-Semitic remarks of Labour and the anti-Muslim remarks by the Tories, UKIP, Brexit and Mr2%

Would you consider doing the same?

What is the driving force behind Labours anti-Semitic remarks?

What section of society are they pandering to?

Notanumber

A Free Man
That's a NO then, you won't condemn the right-wing anti-Muslim sentiment

The difference between the two is that Islamism is only an ideology.

Ideologies exist to be ridiculed and tested.

If they are not strong enough to counteract these without resorting to violence or requiring the protection of Blasphemy laws then they are not very strong at all.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member

If they are not strong enough to counteract these without resorting to violence or requiring the protection of Blasphemy laws then they are not very strong at all.
That's what I said, you won't condemn it.

Altfish

Veteran Member
You didn't look at the source. He was mocking SJWs as per the SJW definition that racism must include power. As he has no power what he said isn't racist according the logic being mocked.
Apologies, wrong article. I'll dig out the other(s) by him when I have more time.

Shad

Veteran Member
Apologies, wrong article. I'll dig out the other(s) by him when I have more time.

Do check for the YT videos being mentioned when you do. Carl is often so bland that his mocking, ridicule and jokes are seen as literal. He need a sarcasm alert at times. Taking what he says from video to text removes the context thus people take things literally even more.

Notanumber

A Free Man

The Muslim Council of Britain are obsessed with Islamophobia.

If Islamophobia means that we are not allowed to ridicule or test the ideology then I cannot support its aims.

There is a massive difference between racism and Islamophobia. I do not support racism.

Anti-Semitism is racist.

How can Corbyn call Trump racist, while ignoring anti-Semitism?

I do not know much about Mr Meechan , but why did the BBC pull the programme that would have revealed Mr Meechan’s motives?

Altfish

Veteran Member
The Muslim Council of Britain are obsessed with Islamophobia.

If Islamophobia means that we are not allowed to ridicule or test the ideology then I cannot support its aims.

There is a massive difference between racism and Islamophobia. I do not support racism.

Anti-Semitism is racist.

How can Corbyn call Trump racist, while ignoring anti-Semitism?

I do not know much about Mr Meechan , but why did the BBC pull the programme that would have revealed Mr Meechan’s motives?
I have condemned the Labour Party; once again for the third time you have failed to condemn the right wing.

JJ50

• Environment Secretary Michael Gove
  • Health Secretary Matt Hancock
  • Former Chief Whip Mark Harper
  • Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt
  • Home Secretary Sajid Javid
  • Former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson
  • Former Leader of the House Andrea Leadsom
  • Former Work and Pensions Secretary Esther McVey
  • Former Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab
  • International Development Secretary Rory Stewart
These are the ten candidates who are standing. I hope it is either Hunt, Javid or Stewart who become PM, they are the best of a bad job, imo.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I understand Boris Johnson is the favorite to be the next British PM. He and our POTUS have some things in common. They both were born in New York and both of them are conservative populist and highly loyal to the country each one of them serves. I'm confident Boris Johnson and Donald J. Trump can get along very well together. ...:)

boris-johnson-donald-trump.jpg
That sounds promising. The resurrection of a Great America and a Great Britain. Like it used to be hopefully. Aside from our little squabble in 1776.

Altfish

Veteran Member
  • Environment Secretary Michael Gove
  • Health Secretary Matt Hancock
  • Former Chief Whip Mark Harper
  • Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt
  • Home Secretary Sajid Javid
  • Former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson
  • Former Leader of the House Andrea Leadsom
  • Former Work and Pensions Secretary Esther McVey
  • Former Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab
  • International Development Secretary Rory Stewart
These are the ten candidates who are standing. I hope it is either Hunt, Javid or Stewart who become PM, they are the best of a bad job, imo.
Thanks for that, I was thinking of starting a new thread.

Part of me says that I want someone who will crash out of the EU because as a Remainer it will prove what a unicorn no deal will be and hopefully it is the end to the Tories and those others demanding Brexit.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is interesting that Boris is lying low; no media interviews, only his Torygraph column.
His minders are obviously telling him not to talk to anyone.
The Mail and other papers obviously don't want Gove and have led the cocaine stories. What they fail to mention is that Johnson is known to have taken cocaine more recently than Gove.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Do I look bothered?

I don't know. I can't see your face, can I?

Based on the fact he's allegedly used money crowd-funded for a single purpose on personal pursuits unrelated to that, it certainly seems like you're bothered. Otherwise why would you, someone who is 'concerned with hypocrisy & corruption in politics', bring it up?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic

How does pulling Muslim womens' headscarves off in the street 'ridicule or test' Islamism? How does spray-painting swastikas on mosques 'ridicule or test' Islamism? How does shooting up a mosque 'ridicule or test' Islamism?

Seems more like the work of people who are too stupid to understand there is a difference between an ideology and the people who may or may not support; but are assumed to based on a) their skin colour; b) their choice of clothing and c) their religious affiliation.

Notanumber

A Free Man
How does pulling Muslim womens' headscarves off in the street 'ridicule or test' Islamism? How does spray-painting swastikas on mosques 'ridicule or test' Islamism? How does shooting up a mosque 'ridicule or test' Islamism?

Seems more like the work of people who are too stupid to understand there is a difference between an ideology and the people who may or may not support; but are assumed to based on a) their skin colour; b) their choice of clothing and c) their religious affiliation.

Are you accusing me of any of that?