• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buy American

Zephyr

Moved on
Thanks for the link. Fortunately around here it isn't hard. A good chunk of the food is grown locally (I'm in farm country) and I rarely actually buy anything other than music gear (which unfortunately, most American-made stuff is prohibitively expensive when you're a broke college student).

But yeah, thanks for the link.

Zephyr

Moved on
Yea I want China as well. But I thought since America was smaller it is a better place to start.
I recommend starting small, like maybe Cuba. While I admire you're ambitions, you may have more progress in a smaller area to start.

nutshell

What "Buy America" campaigns tend to ignore is the fact that many quality products with foreign labels are made right here in the good ol' U S of A. Yes - you read the correctly. The best example I can think of: Toyota - A Japanese car manufacturer that employs literally thousands of US workers and which has some products that are manufactured 100% in America.

Jistyr

Inquisitive Youngin'
I'm still not grasping the concept of 'Buying American'. Why not buy 'human'?

Why does the money have to go to America? Is it not allowed to go to foreigners who need money just as much, if not more? The idea that one's money should only go to the Americans around them, and not the foreigners who often work for much lower wages and are in much more need, is extremely flawed.

The concept seems quite selfish to me.