• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

But why Muhammad ???

savethedreams

I've been learning about Islam , I go to jummah regularly and I took my deceleration. As far as , oneness of God' and the prophet (pluh) being a messenger I was convinced.

One thing I found during my study of Islam that doesn't sit right with me is; the focus on being like the prophet Mohammed , including sunnah and Hadith , more than the verbatim word of the Koran. I feel as if many Muslims are worshiping the prophet Muhammed.

I have an interest in learning about God/Allah but none of Paul, Jesus or Muhammed personal life and opinions. I don't understand why Muslims think in Gods eyes it's important to be like Muhammed and not just follow Koran and give glory to Allah.

What is being a Muslim, solely submitting to Allah or following Muhammed w/ my submission?

I am against any human worship or human devotion,which lead me away from Christianity but it seems how Christians look at Paul or Jesus is how Muslims look at Muhammed. It deeply disturbs me.

savethedreams

What does Allah feel about Quranist? If we are to follow worship oneness of Allah and not worship Muhammed. How do we be defensive of those who reject the Hadith/sunnah ,?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
Ahmadiyya Muslim answers:
Holy Quran
[2:139] Say, ‘We will adopt the SIBGHA TALLAH [color of, religion of Allah] ; and who is better than Allah in SIBGHAH [color, teaching religion], and Him alone do we worship.’

True Muslim tries to adopt attributes of Allah at human level. He or she learns it from Holy Prophet (pbuh), as said:

[2:286] This Messenger of Ours believes in that which has been revealed to him from his Lord, and so do the believers: all of them believe in Allah, and in His angels, and in His Books, and in His Messengers, saying, ‘We make no distinction between any of His Messengers;’ and they say, ‘We hear, and we obey. We implore Thy forgiveness, O our Lord, and to Thee is the returning.’

[33:22] Verily you have in the Prophet of Allah an excellent model, for him who fears Allah and the Last Day and who remembers Allah much.

https://www.alislam.org/allah/
http://www.alislam.org/r.php?q=attributes

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello there brother.

I'll start with this and extend further for the original post:
What does Allah feel about Quranist? If we are to follow worship oneness of Allah and not worship Muhammed. How do we be defensive of those who reject the Hadith/sunnah ,?
God tells us in Quran 59:7 this:
"Take what the Messenger assigns to you, and refrain from what he withholds from you"
This clearly tells us to follow Muhammad, but it does not tell us to worship him or give him attribute of a god. To clarify this, God also says in Quran 18:110 and in the voice of speech of Muhammad, this:
"I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your god is only one god so whoever hopes to meet with Him, should work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship with God."

God chose Muhammad to send his message and his word to us, his message and word only, not himself (Muhammad) as divine to worship. That's why in Islam the first source of teachings is the Quran and it is what Muslims should refer to first. Hadeeth is not believed to be protected and of which some parts one can neglected unlike the Quran. Muhammad is now dead and in some of the believed to be approved hadeeth he even told us to not praise him like Christians praised Jesus that now they worship him a god (I'm not judging Christians, I'm only saying that it is different in Islam).

About being Quranist: God tells us to follow Muhammad in the verse mentioned above which is part of the Quran, so I believe being a Quranist also means to follow what Muhammad says and do, which is part of the Hadeth. Hadeeth is not believed to be protected, but should some parts of it be authentic, there is a risk in defying God by disapproving of them. After all,some parts of Hadeeth take after the Quran which accordingly I believe it, as a concept not the whole content, we should believe in. I know this is not an answer, but it is a start to figure out whither hadeeth is to be followed completely, not followed, or followed in the parts we find make sense and those with better knowledge advise us about. After all, many of the Hadeeth are taken as wrong or week so they are not followed.

Generally speaking, Muhammad is not to be worshiped or given attributes of a god. He is already dead and God never dies. Muhammad is to be followed in Islam just because God told us to, and it should not be more than what it should be. In prayers we submit to God, ask of God and humble ourselves to God, the sacrifices and fasting are to God, not Muhammad. Much of what Muhammad did and say are not an obligation for us to follow, unlike what God told us to do which are obligated on us. God tells us to perform prayer so we are obliged to do that, while Muhammad tells us to enter the bathroom with the left foot but if we chose to not do that it is not a sin because it is not God's word, tho it is believed to give credit if followed. The testimony says after all: "and Muhammad is his creation/slave and messenger".

I hope this helps, and yes, I'm Muslim. Please ignore that sharuwma thing :)

morphesium

I've been learning about Islam , I go to jummah regularly and I took my deceleration. As far as , oneness of God' and the prophet (pluh) being a messenger I was convinced.

One thing I found during my study of Islam that doesn't sit right with me is; the focus on being like the prophet Mohammed , including sunnah and Hadith , more than the verbatim word of the Koran. I feel as if many Muslims are worshiping the prophet Muhammed.

I have an interest in learning about God/Allah but none of Paul, Jesus or Muhammed personal life and opinions. I don't understand why Muslims think in Gods eyes it's important to be like Muhammed and not just follow Koran and give glory to Allah.

What is being a Muslim, solely submitting to Allah or following Muhammed w/ my submission?

I am against any human worship or human devotion,which lead me away from Christianity but it seems how Christians look at Paul or Jesus is how Muslims look at Muhammed. It deeply disturbs me.
Hello, :)

Since i am not supposed to post under abrahamic religions Dir, i am posting it on "General Discussion" Dir. Please click here to take a look into this:

thanking you.

savethedreams

Hello there brother.

I'll start with this and extend further for the original post:

God tells us in Quran 59:7 this:
"Take what the Messenger assigns to you, and refrain from what he withholds from you"
This clearly tells us to follow Muhammad, but it does not tell us to worship him or give him attribute of a god. To clarify this, God also says in Quran 18:110 and in the voice of speech of Muhammad, this:
"I am only a man like you. It has been revealed to me that your god is only one god so whoever hopes to meet with Him, should work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship with God."

God chose Muhammad to send his message and his word to us, his message and word only, not himself (Muhammad) as divine to worship. That's why in Islam the first source of teachings is the Quran and it is what Muslims should refer to first. Hadeeth is not believed to be protected and of which some parts one can neglected unlike the Quran. Muhammad is now dead and in some of the believed to be approved hadeeth he even told us to not praise him like Christians praised Jesus that now they worship him a god (I'm not judging Christians, I'm only saying that it is different in Islam).

About being Quranist: God tells us to follow Muhammad in the verse mentioned above which is part of the Quran, so I believe being a Quranist also means to follow what Muhammad says and do, which is part of the Hadeth. Hadeeth is not believed to be protected, but should some parts of it be authentic, there is a risk in defying God by disapproving of them. After all,some parts of Hadeeth take after the Quran which accordingly I believe it, as a concept not the whole content, we should believe in. I know this is not an answer, but it is a start to figure out whither hadeeth is to be followed completely, not followed, or followed in the parts we find make sense and those with better knowledge advise us about. After all, many of the Hadeeth are taken as wrong or week so they are not followed.

Generally speaking, Muhammad is not to be worshiped or given attributes of a god. He is already dead and God never dies. Muhammad is to be followed in Islam just because God told us to, and it should not be more than what it should be. In prayers we submit to God, ask of God and humble ourselves to God, the sacrifices and fasting are to God, not Muhammad. Much of what Muhammad did and say are not an obligation for us to follow, unlike what God told us to do which are obligated on us. God tells us to perform prayer so we are obliged to do that, while Muhammad tells us to enter the bathroom with the left foot but if we chose to not do that it is not a sin because it is not God's word, tho it is believed to give credit if followed. The testimony says after all: "and Muhammad is his creation/slave and messenger".

I hope this helps, and yes, I'm Muslim. Please ignore that sharuwma thing :)

That's what draws me out of Islam as soon as I step foot into it. Worship pray zakat to oneness of Allah I believe. However, the main reason I drew away from Christianity was to many human worship or "follow this human" thinking. Prophet Muhammed seems to much like "follow him" and I can't see myself doing that because I will feel as if I'm worshipping. Yes, he is a good example but his opinion way of life is not the only way nor is he a path. Correct me through Islam if I'm naive.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim

Hello,
You are right, you don't have to follow any human being and follow only God's instructions in the Quran, and automatically you will find yourself following Mohammed PBUH. He is the embodiment of the Quran. once Aesha was asked about the character of Mohammed, she said "His character was the Quran"

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Each time I post in any DIR,I am gifted with a fat warning. So.....
That's because it's against the rules. Sorry, it's RF's rules, not mine. It is Rule 10 that I suggest you have a look at it.

That's what draws me out of Islam as soon as I step foot into it. Worship pray zakat to oneness of Allah I believe. However, the main reason I drew away from Christianity was to many human worship or "follow this human" thinking. Prophet Muhammed seems to much like "follow him" and I can't see myself doing that because I will feel as if I'm worshipping. Yes, he is a good example but his opinion way of life is not the only way nor is he a path. Correct me through Islam if I'm naive.

Forgive my ignorance, what does specifically draw you out of Islam?

The main thing is to worship God and no one with or instead of Him, and Islam says to warship only God. Muhammad is just a messenger of God. The "follow him" God tells us to do does not hurt the oneness of God and it is based simply to see God's teachings delivered thru him. Otherwise Islam would consider Hadeeth an equal to Quran, and it's not, or as another example, Islam would make it an obligation that we should never eat and drink with the left hand, or it will make us sinners, and it does not. Anyone can be followed, not just Muhammad. We as children follow our parent in learning the basics of let's say language.

Following Muhammad in Islam is far from worshiping him. That's why as I said before, sunna is not an obligation like the orders in Quran, God's words, are. The five pillars of Islam are all performed for God, and only God.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Why? Should I post this somewhere else ? I would love Muslim/ Islam response.
No, here is fine and according to your requirements, it is the right place to post here. DIR's here (sections that have DIR next to them in the main page) are meant for only Muslims to explain things in.

Last edited:

savethedreams

That's because it's against the rules. Sorry, it's RF's rules, not mine. It is Rule 10 that I suggest you have a look at it.

Forgive my ignorance, what does specifically draw you out of Islam?

The main thing is to worship God and no one with or instead of Him, and Islam says to warship only God. Muhammad is just a messenger of God. The "follow him" God tells us to do does not hurt the oneness of God and it is based simply to see God's teachings delivered thru him. Otherwise Islam would consider Hadeeth an equal to Quran, and it's not, or as another example, Islam would make it an obligation that we should never eat and drink with the left hand, or it will make us sinners, and it does not. Anyone can be followed, not just Muhammad. We as children follow our parent in learning the basics of let's say language.

Following Muhammad in Islam is far from worshiping him. That's why as I said before, sunna is not an obligation like the orders in Quran, God's words, are. The five pillars of Islam are all performed for God, and only God.

How can I read the Hadith and sunnah?

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
How can I read the Hadith and sunnah?
They are collected by some people devoted themselves for this. The problem is that those collection were made long after the death of Muhammad, like +170 years, which means they are affected, since it is known that words can be affected if shared by different people for a long time without having them put down to writing. Many of them are considered wrong and weak. The most authentic of them are the ones that share what the Quran says directly.

Edit:
Some of the books are Sahih Bukhary and Sahih Muslim.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

The prophets including Muhammed have the same message, so we don't follow Muhammed or any prophet but we follow their messages.
The prophets are all dead but the message is alive.

savethedreams

The prophets including Muhammed have the same message, so we don't follow Muhammed or any prophet but we follow their messages.
The prophets are all dead but the message is alive.

Isn't the message presenting the Koran as oppose to his interruption of the Koran given to him by. Allah (swt)?