• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

But the media says it....

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I think it's not typical for Christians to not know Bible or history.

That's a double negative.

I think it is typical that Christians cherry pick the bible and ignore what they don't want to know about

Same goes for history

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
I think it is typical that Christians cherry pick the bible and ignore what they don't want to know about

Same goes for history
they may be cherry picking a bit ... but no more than other people do in average, I think.
You didn't back your claim up providing decent sourcing, so I permit myself to regard it as presumption.

ChristineM

Premium Member
they may be cherry picking a bit ... but no more than other people do in average, I think.
You didn't back your claim up providing decent sourcing, so I permit myself to regard it as presumption.

A bit?

I said, i think, how do i back up personal experience?

thomas t

A bit?

I said, i think, how do i back up personal experience?
but it didn't come across as personal experience.
you said "Christians" in a generalizing manner, that was my beef I was having with your post - if it's your personal experience I can't say anything with regard to the experience you had,
Thomas

edited for grammar

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
but it didn't come across as personal experience.
you said "Christians" in a generalizing manner, that's why I was having a beef with your post - if it's your personal experience I can't say anything with regard to the experience you had,
Thomas

Re read my post, i said "i think".

thomas t

Re read my post
I did read it. You wrote "I think" with regard to a generic statement about Christians in general.
Well, now you said it's personal experience, that's ok.

If you had a bad experience with members of the Catholic Church, I won't defend that church. I'm not Catholic, it's up to them.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I did read it. You wrote "I think" with regard to a generic statement about Christians in general.
Well, now you said it's personal experience, that's ok.

If you had a bad experience with members of the Catholic Church, I won't defend that church. I'm not Catholic, it's up to them.

And why do i think that? Personal experience? Yes personal experience will always temper thinking

I have had bad experiences with Christians of various hues. You should also not that my best friend is a devout Christian so they ain't all bad. But a good number are.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The headline of this thread is the response from a friend of mine when he heard I converted to Islam.
So i asked him if he knew Islam only from the news, or if he had read a transof the Quran.

His answer was that he only listen to what the media told him about Islam.
So i asked him, do you think every muslim is a terrorist because that is what media portrays muslims as?
Surprisingly he said media know Islam better then muslims, so yes you become a terrorist now :confused:

Is that really how many people see Islam?
While its true some Muslims are not terrorists, that does not discount that I consider Islam to be a substantially dangerous religion.

ChristineM

Premium Member
While its true some Muslims are not terrorists, that does not discount that I consider Islam to be a substantially dangerous religion.

Most Muslims are not terrorists in the same way that most Christians are not terrorists.