• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

... but tell me again how Obama wanted to destroy America

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
79183777_10157861922695948_480379357479567360_n.jpg

Terry Sampson

But maybe that is what Republicans want?
Huckabee is an ordained Southern Baptist Minister, former Governor of the State of Arkansas, and a former presidential candidate in the 2016 election, running against Trump.
He represents and speaks for a large number of evangelical Christians who, by and large, view Trump as sent by God to change the U.S. by eliminating anti-Christian legislation and implementing changes that the evangelicals want to see done. In other words, they are "using" Trump to obtain the changes they want to see made in the U.S. The evangelicals are an important part of Trump's support base. They are not afraid of him. He's afraid of losing their support, which is why he will do what he can when he can to keep them happy, like all politicians do. IMO, however, I consider the evangelicals' relationship to Trump to be "a deal with the Devil", and if there is a Hell, the evangelicals are going to spend some time there.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
There seems to be nothing about this beyond Huckabee's message.

Not to mention, to try to be realistic, let's say Trump does make it to 2024. He will be like 78.5 years old. I'm not saying it won't happen, but he needs to get on a diet better than this McDonald's and KFC I hear about, respectfully, if he wishes to try to run for an illegal third term.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Huckabee is an ordained Southern Baptist Minister, former Governor of the State of Arkansas, and a former presidential candidate in the 2016 election, running against Trump.
He represents and speaks for a large number of evangelical Christians who, by and large, view Trump as sent by God to change the U.S. by eliminating anti-Christian legislation and implementing changes that the evangelicals want to see done. In other words, they are "using" Trump to obtain the changes they want to see made in the U.S. The evangelicals are an important part of Trump's support base. They are not afraid of him. He's afraid of losing their support, which is why he will do what he can when he can to keep them happy, like all politicians do. IMO, however, I consider the evangelicals' relationship to Trump to be "a deal with the Devil", and if there is a Hell, the evangelicals are going to spend some time there.

This may not be the proper discussion for this, but I've been trying to interpret Revelation, impossible I know, and I'm starting to really see the US as the beast which resembled a lamb but spoke like a dragon. I have my doubts if Jesus came back today, that he wouldn't do some house-cleaning or make some strong rebukes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not to mention, to try to be realistic, let's say Trump does make it to 2024. He will be like 78.5 years old. I'm not saying it won't happen, but he needs to get on a diet better than this McDonald's and KFC I hear about, respectfully, if he wishes to try to run for an illegal third term.
Actually we had a president that ran more than two terms already, and that person was FDR for an impressive 4 terms in office.

PureX

Veteran Member
That looks very similar to becoming a Dictator. But maybe that is what Republicans want? Or are they afraid of Trump?
It's what the republicans have wanted for a long time. Not exactly a dictator, but to dictate governmental policy indefinitely. It's why they've worked so hard for so long at giving the president more and more unchecked authority (A big project of Cheney's) and why they hailed Carl Rove as their political "genius" when he realized he could use the religious right to win otherwise unwinable elections, with otherwise unacceptable candidates. They didn't want a dictator president, what they wanted was an idiot president that they could dictate, too. Like Reagan. It's why they LOVED Ronald Reagan so much. He was an amiable dolt that they could get to do whatever they wanted. Keep in mind all these neo-cons that are now the bigshots of the republican party all 'made their bones' in the Reagan administration. They were the "power behind the throne", and they really, really liked it! And they wanted more of it. So they've been running idiot candidates for high office, in crooked elections, ever since.

Last edited:

pearl

Actually we had a president that ran more than two terms already, and that person was FDR for an impressive 4 terms in office.

And that's the reason Congress put a two year limit on a presidents term. They actually offered to change the rule if Eisenhower would run for a third term, he said no. Not sure when it was included in the Constitution.

pearl

[QUOTE="PureX, post: 6439370, member: 5255 Keep in mind all these neo-cons that are now the bigshots of the republican party all 'made their bones' in the Reagan administration. They were the "power behind the throne", and they really, really liked it! And they wanted more of it. So they've been running idiot candidates for high office, in crooked elections, ever since.[/QUOTE]

Its what happens when politicians are bought and paid for especially by those who called themselves the 'moral majority'. There is little moral about them.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That looks very similar to becoming a Dictator. But maybe that is what Republicans want? Or are they afraid of Trump?
Trump's a useful idiot.
The Republican Party is the political wing of an oligarchy of Neoliberal corporatists and bankers, which seeks to undermine any barriers to privatization and free trade.
They have succeeded in establishing a hidden oligarchy masked by the trappings of democracy. Princeton Study Declares U.S. government an Oligarchy They are currently continuing with their campaign of deregulation and packing the federal court system..

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Also, Trump is showing significant indication of troubled mental health _now_.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Nice to see the utterly predictable, hypocritical response of the trumpettes and assorted bootlickers.

I skimmed this thread, but it was mostly the left responding, and the Republicans actually making some very bipartisan posts.

If you want to see things get wild... start one on guns or identity politics.