• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Businesses Requiring Vaccine Passports

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah. I wouldn't bet on it too much. It got silly when they started talking about two masks and COVID from your eyes. The latter, some people actually took that into consideration.

I still think there's something up-and forcing people to take vaccines is really not the answer. Most likely, it would backfire. I mean, I'm right next to the US Capitol, so I can't imagine.
Is anyone being forced?
I see it being voluntary....but with compelling reasons to get it.
Choose otherwise, & one might not be able to enter some
business venues. Businesses have rights too.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Is anyone being forced?
Unless said business is not going to allow the Florida Governor in because of no vaccine.....

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
They make it sound like the vaccine is a cure for COVID... as if once you're negative, you won't get it at all. I would never agree with being forced to take the vaccine. That's just silly.

Well, two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna have a 95% efficacy. You can still get the virus after being vaccinated but you won't end up on a ventilator or die. And

"All three vaccines were 100% effective at preventing severe disease six weeks after the first dose (for Moderna) or seven weeks after the first dose (for Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, the latter of which requires only one dose). Zero vaccinated people in any of the trials were hospitalized or died of COVID-19 after the vaccines had fully taken effect."

COVID-19 vaccines: What does 95% efficacy actually mean?

Of course your antibodies will not last forever, so annual boosters will be required, I think.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The shocking amount of willful ignorance it takes to still be paranoid about these vaccines makes me tired. If you don't yet know what's in it or how it interacts with the body it's because you haven't looked, or have only looked at fear mongering talking heads.

I'm beginning to think that if there was a zombie apocalypse, instead of it being over quickly by sheer number of guns, it would go on forever out of sheer contrarianness to be informed about how zombie bites work.

Anyway, I still have my vaccine card. I'm happy to submit it to whatever business wants me to show it before participating, maskless or otherwise.

It only means after research and assessing the situation, some of us decide not to take the vaccine. It should be that way for any medicine or medical treatment. No doctor (I would hope) would try to convince someone else to take any form of medical treatment no matter how strong their opinions are against that medical ethic.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Well, two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna have a 95% efficacy. You can still get the virus after being vaccinated but you won't end up on a ventilator or die. And

"All three vaccines were 100% effective at preventing severe disease six weeks after the first dose (for Moderna) or seven weeks after the first dose (for Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson, the latter of which requires only one dose). Zero vaccinated people in any of the trials were hospitalized or died of COVID-19 after the vaccines had fully taken effect."

For which variants?
I mean, they really should conduct the tests in Florida, which has all of them....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It only means after research and assessing the situation, some of us decide not to take the vaccine. It should be that way for any medicine or medical treatment. No doctor (I would hope) would try to convince someone else to take any form of medical treatment no matter how strong their opinions are against that medical ethic.
Wow, I didn’t know you were a qualified immunologist. Neat.

Regiomontanus

People who were vaccinated drink from this fountain, people who were not drink from that fountain.

Vaccinated people bathroom

Un vaccinated people's bathroom.

Unvaccinated people must ride in the back of the bus. Vaccinated folks can ride in the front.

Nonsense.

Get the vaccine, it saves lives. Don't be selfish (being immunized protects others).

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Is anyone being forced?

If a business owner, say a grocery store, decides to make it mandatory, and someone in a free-will country has always been going to this store, it is literally forcing that person to either get the vaccine or go to another store. While most people would take the vaccine so the store won't loose money, the ethical issues involved is totally off key.

Regiomontanus

For which variants?
I mean, they really should conduct the tests in Florida, which has all of them....

From what I have read, it looks like the current vaccines work against the mutations, for now.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
If a business owner, say a grocery store, decides to make it mandatory, and someone in a free-will country has always been going to this store, it is literally forcing that person to either get the vaccine or go to another store. While most people would take the vaccine so the store won't loose money, the ethical issues involved is totally off key.
Meh, I’m in lockdown. All businesses require free will wielding citizens to wear a mask (with exceptions for legitimate health reasons.)
Oh how unethical??

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Wow, I didn’t know you were a qualified immunologist. Neat.

No one is unless they went to school for it.... so the argument is the same for the pro-vaccine people. We got the same information, and we assess it based on our understanding and biases and walked away with different opinions.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
huh?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
"Research"

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
No one is unless they went to school for it.... so the argument is the same for the pro-vaccine people. We got the same information, and we assess it based on our understanding and biases and walked away with different opinions.
I’m not a chemist. Don’t really need to hold a qualification to understand that medicine based on chemical reactions reacts the way actual experts in the field tells me it does.
Though I could very easily find “research” that says otherwise. Whether or not that comes from questionable sources though. Highly likely thanks to the internet

The ego on display is astounding (generally speaking. Not directing that at anyone in particular.)
Hasn’t like half a million people died in the US alone??

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
It only means after research and assessing the situation, some of us decide not to take the vaccine.
It means that after research and assessing the situation, some businesses, nonprofits, and governments organizations decide that people who haven't taken the vaccine pose a significant risk to their employees and/or other customers, and also may get ill via transmission on their premises from people who are vaccine-protected but infected spreaders.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

Of course your antibodies will not last forever, so annual boosters will be required, I think.

Yeah. I wouldn't say it's not effective or anything. I just feel like any other medical treatment, everyone should have a choice in what they should take without needing to be forced or coerced to take this vaccine to do there everyday shopping and so forth.

Unless people fear being asymptomatic, taking the vaccine shouldn't be mandatory. I personally think it makes people feel comfortable and safe knowing others they are around has taken the vaccine. Outside of that, they don't know who is asymptomatic so a lot of it is fear related. Which is fine but it shouldn't force people to make taking the vaccine mandatory because of our opinions about what other people should and shouldn't do for their own wellbeing.

Regiomontanus

I’m not a chemist. Don’t really need to hold a qualification to understand that medicine based on chemical reactions reacts the way actual experts in the field tells me it does.
Though I could very easily find “research” that says otherwise. Whether or not that comes from questionable sources though. Highly likely thanks to the internet

The ego on display is astounding (generally speaking. Not directing that at anyone in particular.)
Hasn’t like half a million people died in the US alone??

551,863 as of right...now.

COVID-19 Map - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Meh, I’m in lockdown. All businesses require free will wielding citizens to wear a mask (with exceptions for legitimate health reasons.)
Oh how unethical??

Wearing masks isn't a medical treatment and require someone to do something isn't the same as a it being a law (which they may make it one, who knows). We're not in lockdown anymore, though I think they are thinking about it. We still have required masks and social distancing in businesses. Which is fine and irritating but that's totally different than taking a medical treatment.

Last edited: