• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bush administration thought dishonest and unethical

Pah

Uber all member
White House Ethics, Honesty Questioned
55% in Survey Say Libby Case Signals Broader Problems

By Richard Morin and Claudia Deane
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, October 30, 2005; Page A14

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...5102901223.html?referrer=email&referrer=email

A majority of Americans say the indictment of senior White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby signals broader ethical problems in the Bush administration, and nearly half say the overall level of honesty and ethics in the federal government has fallen since President Bush took office, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News survey.

The poll, conducted Friday night and yesterday, found that 55 percent of the public believes the Libby case indicates wider problems "with ethical wrongdoing" in the White House, while 41 percent believes it was an "isolated incident." And by a 3 to 1 ratio, 46 percent to 15 percent, Americans say the level of honesty and ethics in the government has declined rather than risen under Bush.

More at the link above

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I recall some of my friends voted for Bush because they thought his Christian beliefs meant he would bring greater honesty and higher ethics to the White House. I tried to warn them that Bush was, above all else, a politician.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Well, this is total political misdirection. There was no crime committed. None. What they are trying to do now is try to prove a cover up of a non-existent crime. The Bush Administration has failed on so many levels that trying to cook up a scandal should be unnecessary. The democrats, even though the Republicans have screwed so much up since coming into power, still lack the ability to produce an alternative platform. These make-believe scandals are the very best of the Democratic political strategy. Just goes to show, that while the republicans are incompetent, the democrats are far worse. It's really sad to see how terrible American Government has become.

Pah

Uber all member
Darkdale said:
Well, this is total political misdirection. There was no crime committed. None. What they are trying to do now is try to prove a cover up of a non-existent crime. The Bush Administration has failed on so many levels that trying to cook up a scandal should be unnecessary. The democrats, even though the Republicans have screwed so much up since coming into power, still lack the ability to produce an alternative platform. These make-believe scandals are the very best of the Democratic political strategy. Just goes to show, that while the republicans are incompetent, the democrats are far worse. It's really sad to see how terrible American Government has become.

Another article from the Washington Post gives a more in-depth picture of this "political misdirection".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...5102901478.html?referrer=email&referrer=email

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Darkdale said:
Quote every liberal newspaper you want. There is no proof of any crime. You can't "out" and overt CIA operative, you can only out a "covert" one and she wasn't "covert". No crime.
Since when is lying to a Grand Jury "no crime"?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Sunstone said:
Since when is lying to a Grand Jury "no crime"?

1. No Proof that he intended to lie. Without intent, it is not a crime.
2. The grand jury was called to investigate something that was not a crime. They are trying to create something out of nothing and it is working, but nothing will come from it. :) Libby won't spend a minute and jail and he'll go on just fine.

Without ideas, this kind of nonsense is all democrats have left to them... but it is working, because the American people believe everything they read in newspapers and magazines like The Sun, The National Inquirer and the New York Times. ;)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
How is there not a crime if there's no intent? I thought that accidentally killing someone was a crime... Not saying what he did was as bad as murder, just pointing out that you don't have to do something on purpose for it to be a crime.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Jensa said:
How is there not a crime if there's no intent? I thought that accidentally killing someone was a crime... Not saying what he did was as bad as murder, just pointing out that you don't have to do something on purpose for it to be a crime.

That's just the way it is. You can't charge someone with being "wrong", you can only charge him with "lying". The difference between lying and being wrong is intent. So you have to prove intent.

The Black Whirlwind

Darkdale said:
Without ideas, this kind of nonsense is all democrats have left to them... but it is working, because the American people believe everything they read in newspapers and magazines like The Sun, The National Inquirer and the New York Times. ;)
Its the National Enquirer. Jeez :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Only 15% of Americans believe honesty and ethics have increased under Bush? I would have suspected it to be more than that.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Sunstone said:
Only 15% of Americans believe honesty and ethics have increased under Bush? I would have suspected it to be more than that.

Well, if Americans actually thought that there were going to be "ethics" in Washington DC then they are either gullable or stupid. :) President Bush got elected twice with two of the most mean-spirited smear campaigns I've ever seen. I guess it works. Republicans are trying that in Virginia right now against Democrat Tim Kaine, who seems like a really good guy.

Anyway, Americans will believe whatever they read in the papers or what they see on television. No one bothers to actually look at the law or evidence to see if anything they are being told makes sense.

I don't want to defend Republicans, because they are screwing up big time... but this "scandal" is a load of crap and it's hysterical how easily led the American people really are. They'll believe anything they want to believe, plain and simple. We went through this with Clinton, now with Bush and it's just a load of crap.

Pah

Uber all member
Darkdale said:
Quote every liberal newspaper you want. There is no proof of any crime. You can't "out" and overt CIA operative, you can only out a "covert" one and she wasn't "covert". No crime.
Do you have a reference for "she wasn't 'covert' ".

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Pah said:
Do you have a reference for "she wasn't 'covert' ".

She wasn't actively undercover for a period of greater than five years. By definition she wasn't covert. I'm not trying to convince you. I'm not going to dig up sources for you. You do your own research. I know what you want to believe and I know why you want to believe it... I watched the republicans go through this whole thing during the Clinton years. I know it makes you feel really good. It's just the worst kind of politics and sadly one party isn't much better than the other at this point. It's sad. There is no real political leadership in this country.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As far as I can see, any attempt to bring high standards of ethics and honesty to politics is futile. Perhaps, the best we can do is mediocricy. What dismays me is the number of people who voted for Bush on the grounds that he would somehow bring those higher standards to the White House. That bespeaks a gullibility that is almost unbelievable.

Scott1

Sunstone said:
I recall some of my friends voted for Bush because they thought his Christian beliefs meant he would bring greater honesty and higher ethics to the White House. I tried to warn them that Bush was, above all else, a politician.
Me and a few other Christians who voted for this P.O.S. will be at the corner of 1st and Main from 8am-3pm for the "I told you so" butt kickings..... :(

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If we ever new the full story behind any polititian we would not vote for any of them.

It costs a lot of money to get elected, They obviousley get more out than they put in or they wouldn't go for it.

I think the honest ones get stuch at grass roots level.

Terry______________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Do I dare ask what a P.O.S is? :D

I don't think that anyone who voted for Bush because they hoped he would better the White House should be blamed. The people that voted for him because of the potential tax cuts, because he hoped they would give their companies more leeway, because he's willing to have funding for the poor to give to the rich? Scott, you can join me in kicking them and we'll go out for ice cream later!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Terrywoodenpic said:
If we ever new the full story behind any polititian we would not vote for any of them.

It costs a lot of money to get elected, They obviousley get more out than they put in or they wouldn't go for it.

I think the honest ones get stuch at grass roots level.

Terry______________________
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.
I fear the same is true of our politicians here. Take Jeffrey Archer for one (there are many others, of course - but he is probably one of the recent ones that immediartely comes to mind).;)