• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

burnout

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
And, in person, are there do's and don'ts for neurotypical folks when they deal with people with autism.
As for does and don'ts: Take into consideration the differences in the person's disability. If they have sensory processing issues,there body language,do they have issues with their body etc...Do not treat them as if they are dangerous or have a disease.Treat them as who they are and try to understand them.Most of all listen to them in whatever form they communicate with you.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Sorry about that, and thanks for the information. It's useful. As for the original question, a ton is related to frequency. If you lose the ability to speak once a month versus 6 times a day. Huge difference.

Regardless, you're on here, which is good. I'm always happy for diversity.
I'm happy for diversity as well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suppose for one thing we don't go about calling people neurotypical. IMO, nobody's "normal". Most people have their special needs. Even people I like, you learn what triggers them and don't do it unless you're mad at them. We are all on a spectrum of human behavior of some sort.
We tend to use it because we do not process things in our brains the same way others do. And because very often we fundamentally don't get or understand each other, and overlook the differences in how we perceive the world differently. Such as, we're sometimes shocked when we learn that perceiving the stimuli we do isn't something normal people can pick up on. We often have very sensitive senses, and we tend to think everyone does. We tend to be wired to think logically, and so very often we fail to fully empathize with a situation because we just don't understand the whys behind it. It also helps neurotypicals to have a reminder that not everyone emotionally interprets everything like they do.