• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burden of proof

Bird123

You must take a stand against bondage. The complexity of the present time seems to demand an evolving of our third eyes if we are going to survive. Only a wanderer of the dreamscape may inspire this quantum shift of understanding.
We believe, we grow, we are reborn. Will is the birth of empathy, and of us. You and I are pilgrims of the cosmos.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Yes, take a stand against bondage. Free yourself from your self inflicted bondage. Free your mind and the rest will follow. Stop making rules and assumptions that limit your view. It doesn't matter what everyone else chooses to do. It's what you choose to do that keeps you in or out of bondage. It has always been within your hands!!

Why do you think you need a third eye when you don't even use the two that you have? Open your mind. Widen your view. It's all staring you in the face. If you always insist that the world must be your way, how can you ever Discover what actually does exist?

I do not Believe. I do not value beliefs as you do. Beliefs only point a direction by which one might search for the truth. Beliefs carry no more value than that.

We all do grow. The nature of God's system is ever moving forward.

WE will be reborn into many physical lives. There is too much to Discover than could ever be accomplished in one mere lifetime. Everyone will visit God between physical lifetimes. Through God's Unconditional Love, everyone will realize it has never ever been about punishment.

Will is the substance by which we choose to move forward. Some must learn that will is an important key needed to move at all.

Empathy is important to understand on our path to the best choices. On the other hand, it is not the goal.

You do not understand me at all. I am not a pilgrim. I am a Hungry Student of God!!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Actually, it's despite everyone telling them "you're fine and not broken" because--remember--they are self-identifying as having to work through early life trauma.
What life trauma caused you to be a Christian? What life trauma caused you to be straight?

Don't listen to those people telling you that you're fine and not broken; with enough counselling, you can become the gay atheist you were meant to be.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Ah, but you are not claiming that. You are claiming that they are broken because they are gay. Why? Because the Bible says so.

That is only part of the story.

The Bible talks of sexual brokenness and fallenness, yes, which also lines up with my anecdotal experience of broken people.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Gay people are not broken.
What's more, any "early life trauma" they have to go through is usually because of intolerant bigots telling them they are broken.

Sexual molestation would be an example of actual trauma that is apart from bigotry.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
What life trauma caused you to be a Christian? What life trauma caused you to be straight?

Don't listen to those people telling you that you're fine and not broken; with enough counselling, you can become the gay atheist you were meant to be.

One thing is sure, I will never become atheist due to the overwhelming love and kindness of forum skeptics.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
That is only part of the story.

The Bible talks of sexual brokenness and fallenness, yes, which also lines up with my anecdotal experience of broken people.
Why are we going with what the Bible says when it comes to matters of psychology, instead of using actual psychology?
Gay people aren't sexually broken and fallen just because that's what bronze age goat herders believed.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
One thing is sure, I will never become atheist due to the overwhelming love and kindness of forum skeptics.
Doubling down on being wrong (IMO) just because your cruelty got a negative reaction is a weird approach.

I'm not sure about the "forum skeptics" bit, though. It's not like your views and actions would be looked on any better by New Agers or theists who think LGBTQ people deserve basic respect.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Why are we going with what the Bible says when it comes to matters of psychology, instead of using actual psychology?
Gay people aren't sexually broken and fallen just because that's what bronze age goat herders believed.

Because the Bible is extraordinary in all manner of human needs and relationships and interrelationships.

Because the study of the mind is in its infancy--where the Bible has been proven scientifically prescient, two psychologists will disagree more often then two IRS auditors.

Etc.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Doubling down on being wrong (IMO) just because your cruelty got a negative reaction is a weird approach.

I'm not sure about the "forum skeptics" bit, though. It's not like your views and actions would be looked on any better by New Agers or theists who think LGBTQ people deserve basic respect.

No, they wouldn't! It's spiritual--and skeptics hate Christians and certainly do NOT love their enemies!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No, they wouldn't! It's spiritual--and skeptics hate Christians and certainly do NOT love their enemies!
I'm fine with Christians who don't hurt people.

For instance, the only unkind words you'll see from me about the United Church - my country's largest Protestant denomination - are around their role in the residential schools scandal... i.e. when they hurt people.

It isn't Christianity in general that I have a problem with; it's inflicting suffering on others.

I get the impression that you're so deep down the rabbit hole of your own denomination that you think it's the be-all and end-all of "true" Christianity, and inflicting suffering on others is an inherent part of what it means to follow Christ. It isn't.

Since you probably don't have a United Church of Canada congregation near you, go check out your local MCC church or unprogrammed Quaker meeting. It's entirely possible to be a Christian without being crappy to other people, so when people give you flack about being crappy to people, this is most definitely not an attack on Christianity as a whole.

If I were a Christian, I'd probably find the way that some people want to put hateful ideas in Jesus's mouth - as you do - to be pretty blasphemous.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Most ex-religionists used to think they would never lose their faith. There is nothing that makes you necessarily any different.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Yes, take a stand against bondage. Free yourself from your self inflicted bondage. Free your mind and the rest will follow. Stop making rules and assumptions that limit your view. It doesn't matter what everyone else chooses to do. It's what you choose to do that keeps you in or out of bondage. It has always been within your hands!!

Why do you think you need a third eye when you don't even use the two that you have? Open your mind. Widen your view. It's all staring you in the face. If you always insist that the world must be your way, how can you ever Discover what actually does exist?

I do not Believe. I do not value beliefs as you do. Beliefs only point a direction by which one might search for the truth. Beliefs carry no more value than that.

We all do grow. The nature of God's system is ever moving forward.

WE will be reborn into many physical lives. There is too much to Discover than could ever be accomplished in one mere lifetime. Everyone will visit God between physical lifetimes. Through God's Unconditional Love, everyone will realize it has never ever been about punishment.

Will is the substance by which we choose to move forward. Some must learn that will is an important key needed to move at all.

Empathy is important to understand on our path to the best choices. On the other hand, it is not the goal.

You do not understand me at all. I am not a pilgrim. I am a Hungry Student of God!!

Although you may not realize it, you are technological. Prophet, look within and change yourself. The multiverse is calling to you via sub-atomic particles. Can you hear it?

This myth never ends. We must learn how to lead non-local lives in the face of illusion. Imagine an ennobling of what could be.