• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Burden of proof

Bird123

Ecstasy is the deeper meaning of chi, and of us. Aspiration requires exploration. Illusion is the antithesis of love. You are storytellers of the totality. The quantum soup is bursting with bio-feedback. We believe, we self-actualize, we are reborn.
Only a traveller of the solar system may inspire this flow of empathy. The complexity of the present time seems to demand a condensing of our hopes if we are going to survive. Yes, it is possible to confront the things that can eradicate us, but not without flow on our side.

Although you may not realize it, you are powerful. How should you navigate this archetypal multiverse? It can be difficult to know where to begin.

WE are all Spiritual Beings in our true natures. We are installed in our physical bodies after birth at the point long term memories become possible. You will never understand it all confining yourself to the physical universe.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Never fall below the base. Math!! Everything about God and this world adds up perfectly. If it doesn't, it's not God but the beliefs of mankind.

Do delusions add up? I would say not. On the other hand, I look for what Actually exists. I can't ever remember being delusional.

How can you tell you have bumped into God instead of being delusional?
1. You already know God whether you know you know or not. You will realize this.
2. Names are never needed or used. Everyone already knows who everyone is. It's about what is.
3. God has capabilities far beyond mankind or what mankind could possible be delusional about. God is working on multiple levels with multiple views. There is going to be a great struggle just to keep up. Further, a few moments might take an intelligent person a week to understand all that was said. Who knows went over one's head and was missed? Hang unto your hat!!
4. God doesn't value all those petty things mankind holds so dear. God already understands these petty things mankind holds so dear are not the best choices. God is a joy to be around just in that. God will not be bringing any baggage so to speak.
5. God will never intimidate your choices or coerce anyone in any way.

People see what they want to see. People are trying to control the world into what they want. I have heard many atheists claim theists are delusional yet they are doing the very same things. I think theists and atheists have more in common than they realize.

I am in no need of healing. I know many atheists are atheists simply because they have been hurt by religion. Pain is no more than a sign that something is wrong. Pain should never be held unto or the focus.

Many hang unto pain for a lifetime blind to anything else. Better to focus on solutions or results. It has never been about hanging onto the problems. It's about overcoming and solving the problems,Learning and Growing on the journey

So many people feel their way through life. They seek very little. The hungry student is always in search of new knowledge. Discovery of any kind just feeds to hunger to Discover more.

Religion so often is about emotional connection. Let's not forget any Being capable of creating us and the universe has a Great Intellect. By understanding how it all works and why, one can have an intellectual connection with God. God's greatest moment is when that light bulb goes off over someone's head and they Understand. This can be about any subject. It is all in each of our hands.

The goal of molecular structures is to plant the seeds of interconnectedness rather than desire. We can no longer afford to live with turbulence. The dreamscape is approaching a tipping point.

Bird123

The goal of molecular structures is to plant the seeds of interconnectedness rather than desire. We can no longer afford to live with turbulence. The dreamscape is approaching a tipping point.

You do not Understand!!!

So many people fight and fight to avoid Drama, yet there is more learning and growing around Drama than at almost any other time.

When times are good, we sit back and enjoy the ride. When adversity hits, we have to think, plan, analyze, study, research,connect with others, learning and growing on the road toward resolution.

Interaction and being connected is part of God's system. What happens when one tries to avoid interaction and being connected? One gets lonely.

Desire is not the monster people think. What would life be without desire? Our desire for peace is the driving force that moves us all to resolution when problems arise.

We are meant to overcome problems. Are you working on your problems or do you have some swept under the carpet in an attempt to avoid them? The only way to get rid of problems is to solve them. If one keeps doing the very same thing, how can one expect different results??

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
"Prevailing medical opinion" is ad populum, and the medical community is making a faith-based claim, since there are no proven genetic, behavioral or hormonal smoking gun markers for homosexual behavior.
Whoa, whoa, homosexual behavior? What's that?

We're talking orientation here.

And let's be clear, you're the one with the faith-based claim that gay people have something wrong with them that needs correcting.

I prefer if you would remain objective, scientific, rather than share your ad populum and faith-based claims with me.

Same for your "bias" and "qualified" remarks above. You are making anecdotal claims. Spend years counseling people and then tell me where to get on and off the boat, please.
Your claims are anecdotal.
As far as I can tell, you're not even a trained or certified therapist.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It does, what?

A good friend of mine has the worst imaginable PTSD from Vietnam. YES, there are times to do behavioral instead of reliving trauma. THANK YOU.
I hope that is the kind of help your friend received. It has been shown to be effective.

Understand this nugget, though, shared as a friend--Jesus is IMHO Lord of past, present and future, so there are times when He helps people walk through past trauma and provides astonishing healing.
I don't see Jesus anywhere. So I can't attribute anything to him.

What I do know is that there are a lot of good therapies in existence, carefully constructed by human beings via analysis, careful study, etc. of what works best for humans.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Scientifically--someone who is more libidinous is more likely to commit adultery, for an example of a hormonal sexual tendency.
What's that got to do with being gay? Are you claiming that gay people are libidinous and promiscuous simply by virtue of their sexual orientation? So if they were only trained to be heterosexual, that wouldn't be a problem anymore?

What are you saying?? Why do you think gay people need to be converted? Please note, being homosexual simply means that you are attracted to people of the same sex as yourself. It has nothing to do with behaviour, especially given that "gay behaviours" (as I think you would define them) are pretty common among heterosexual people.

And no, that isn't scientific.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
ALWAYS AFFIRM PEOPLE but one can do so without signing a blank check for destruction. I don't beat down on drug addicted people, but I sure don't say, "Love you, bro, take another hit!"
What "destruction" are gay people engaging in that's similar to drug addiction?

We ALWAYS affirm people--I likewise don't threaten moms about abortion. Why? If an unsaved woman trusts Jesus for eternal life, she'll decide to keep the baby on her own.
Telling people that there is something wrong with them that needs correcting, because they are gay, is not affirming, imo.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You do not Understand!!!

So many people fight and fight to avoid Drama, yet there is more learning and growing around Drama than at almost any other time.

When times are good, we sit back and enjoy the ride. When adversity hits, we have to think, plan, analyze, study, research,connect with others, learning and growing on the road toward resolution.

Interaction and being connected is part of God's system. What happens when one tries to avoid interaction and being connected? One gets lonely.

Desire is not the monster people think. What would life be without desire? Our desire for peace is the driving force that moves us all to resolution when problems arise.

We are meant to overcome problems. Are you working on your problems or do you have some swept under the carpet in an attempt to avoid them? The only way to get rid of problems is to solve them. If one keeps doing the very same thing, how can one expect different results??

You may be ruled by suffering without realizing it. Do not let it extinguish the knowledge of your journey. Where there is ego, gratitude cannot thrive. The complexity of the present time seems to demand an unfolding of our bodies if we are going to survive.

Reactions: ppp

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Whoa, whoa, homosexual behavior? What's that?

We're talking orientation here.

And let's be clear, you're the one with the faith-based claim that gay people have something wrong with them that needs correcting.

Your claims are anecdotal.
As far as I can tell, you're not even a trained or certified therapist.

A certifiable therapist? ;):eek:

Bird123

You may be ruled by suffering without realizing it. Do not let it extinguish the knowledge of your journey. Where there is ego, gratitude cannot thrive. The complexity of the present time seems to demand an unfolding of our bodies if we are going to survive.

God fixed it all ahead of time for we are all Eternal.

Focus on what counts. It's never been about suffering. I suggest you stop holding onto it for dear life. Look beyond the surface where so much more knowledge exists.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
God fixed it all ahead of time for we are all Eternal.

Focus on what counts. It's never been about suffering. I suggest you stop holding onto it for dear life. Look beyond the surface where so much more knowledge exists.

Discontinuity is born in the gap where beauty has been excluded. It is time to take wonder to the next level. Soon there will be a flowering of science the likes of which the dreamscape has never seen. It is in unveiling that we are awakened.
Humankind has nothing to lose. Who are we? Where on the great story will we be aligned? We are at a crossroads of inseparability and yearning.

Bird123

Discontinuity is born in the gap where beauty has been excluded. It is time to take wonder to the next level. Soon there will be a flowering of science the likes of which the dreamscape has never seen. It is in unveiling that we are awakened.
Humankind has nothing to lose. Who are we? Where on the great story will we be aligned? We are at a crossroads of inseparability and yearning.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have to ability to choose what we deem important. Can you really see no beauty? Why do you limit yourself in such a way?

Widen that view!!! There is so very much you are missing.

Yes, allow science to march ever closer to Discovering God. They will Discover God long before religion actually will. Science is walking straight toward God. On the other hand, they have a very long way to go. At least they are headed in the right direction.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
No, it is not. The ad populum fallacy refers to the majority of people. Educated and uneducated. The general majority is often wrong. Members of the medical practice do have some expertise in this matter. They do have a more valid opinion than the man in the street, or even worse a man in the pews.

And yet I, a Jew with religious and Hebrew training--and then a year of ancient Greek at a secular university--who has read the Bible 20 times more than any skeptic on this forum--get no respect when discussing the Bible texts.

PS. "Members of the medical practice do have some expertise in this matter," is referring to the GENETIC ROOTS OF HOMOSEXUALITY? BALONEY.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Actually, it's despite everyone telling them "you're fine and not broken" because--remember--they are self-identifying as having to work through early life trauma.
Ah, but you are not claiming that. You are claiming that they are broken because they are gay. Why? Because the Bible says so.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Actually, it's despite everyone telling them "you're fine and not broken" because--remember--they are self-identifying as having to work through early life trauma.
Gay people are not broken.
What's more, any "early life trauma" they have to go through is usually because of intolerant bigots telling them they are broken.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have to ability to choose what we deem important. Can you really see no beauty? Why do you limit yourself in such a way?

Widen that view!!! There is so very much you are missing.

Yes, allow science to march ever closer to Discovering God. They will Discover God long before religion actually will. Science is walking straight toward God. On the other hand, they have a very long way to go. At least they are headed in the right direction.

You must take a stand against bondage. The complexity of the present time seems to demand an evolving of our third eyes if we are going to survive. Only a wanderer of the dreamscape may inspire this quantum shift of understanding.
We believe, we grow, we are reborn. Will is the birth of empathy, and of us. You and I are pilgrims of the cosmos.