• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddhist response to the virus

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are faring well despite the virus and its imapct.

Just found this amongst several interesting Google results -

The coronavirus pandemic is challenging our health, work, family, food and fun. It’s also disturbing our peace of mind and forcing us to question our own existence.

We are each asking our own existential questions: Why is this happening to me? Why can’t I go on with my usual life? Who created the problem and why?

While scientists are working hard to find medical solutions, concepts from Buddhism can provide us with some solace for our overburdened minds. The Buddha’s answer would be to focus solely on the existential facts, aiming first for understanding and then to adopt a pragmatic meditation practice.

Read more at this site -

Thinking like a Buddhist about coronavirus can calm the mind and help us focus

Plus scroll down to thevideo.

Wishing you all the best!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Im a terrible Buddhist. *Grin*

Cursing at the river and all that....

Calmness in chaos?

I figure just ring a bell, and remember the profundity of the Heart Sutra.

Splash water, throw wood. It's all Dharma.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
In two words. 'Anicca', 'Anatta'. Just don't swerve from the noble path. Keep the 'dhamma' wheel going.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
For me it's been mostly about mindfulness. Being mindful about maintaining distance, wearing a mask, washing hands, etc.
Being mindful that many people just can't be mindful, and adjusting accordingly.