• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddha believed in the Creator God

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I had a teacher who studied the Bible so he could teach it. He got paid for it. He did not BELIEVE it so he did not apply the teachings to himself. So he lived like an atheist.

Here's what the Bible teaches James 1:
Hearing and Obeying
19 My dear friends, you should be quick to listen and slow to speak or to get angry. 20 If you are angry, you cannot do any of the good things that God wants done. 21 You must stop doing anything immoral or evil. Instead be humble and accept the message that is planted in you to save you.

22 Obey God’s message! Don’t fool yourselves by just listening to it. 23 If you hear the message and don’t obey it, you are like people who stare at themselves in a mirror 24 and forget what they look like as soon as they leave. 25 But you must never stop looking at the perfect law that sets you free. God will bless you in everything you do, if you listen and obey, and don’t just hear and forget.

26 If you think you are being religious, but can’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and everything you do is useless. 27 Religion that pleases God the Father must be pure and spotless. You must help needy orphans and widows and not let this world make you evil.

Yes, that's in your Bible.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There is no Buddha.
Actually there are many buddhas according to Buddhists, and some feel that the real Jesus might have been one of them.

Anyhow, are you certain there is no Buddha, and if so, how could you possibly know this?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

It really depends on your perspective. In essence, there are as many Buddhas as you want to accept. On the one hand, the Buddha died about 2600 years ago. On another very real sense, we are all Buddhas to some degree, at least occasionally.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It really depends on your perspective. In essence, there are as many Buddhas as you want to accept. On the one hand, the Buddha died about 2600 years ago. On another very real sense, we are all Buddhas to some degree, at least occasionally.
I have no problem with the 'multi-Buddha' concept.
I was surprised with his answer, though.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have no problem with the 'multi-Buddha' concept.
I was surprised with his answer, though.

There is a place in Buddhism for doubting there is or ever was such a thing as a Buddha. There are definitely dangers in being too certain that any ever existed.