• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Buddha and Christ identical Beings

The Lord God our savior, said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18:18-19; " I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put MY WORDS in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to MY WORDS that the prophet speaks in my name.

Jesus did not claim to be the Almighty, they were the words of the Lord as spoken through the mouth of his obedient servant, Jesus.
Jesus didn't claim to be the Almighty, really?

Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 1:8, Revelation 1:11

44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (Jehovah God Speaking)

1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Jesus Speaking)

1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (Jesus Speaking Again)

You can't have 2 first and last. God Almighty says he's the first and the last in Isaiah 44:6, Jesus says in Rev 1:8,11 he's the first, the last, the Alpha, the Omega, and the Almighty. Case closed.

The Anointed

Jesus didn't claim to be the Almighty, really?

Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 1:8, Revelation 1:11

44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (Jehovah God Speaking)

1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Jesus Speaking)

1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (Jesus Speaking Again)

You can't have 2 first and last. God Almighty says he's the first and the last in Isaiah 44:6, Jesus says in Rev 1:8,11 he's the first, the last, the Alpha, the Omega, and the Almighty. Case closed.

THE HOOD APOLOGIST wrote…….Jesus didn't claim to be the Almighty, really?

The Anointed……..Really!

THE HOOD APOLOGIST wrote…….Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 1:8, Revelation 1:11 44:6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his (ISRAEL’S) redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. (Jehovah God Speaking).

The Anointed…….. This would be the God of who Jesus said to Mary Magdalene in John 20: 17; “Go to my brothers and say; “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

The God of who it is said in Acts 3: 13; The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our ancestors, has given divine glory to his servant Jesus.

THE HOOD APOLOGIST wrote…….1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Jesus Speaking)

The Anointed…….. GNB, Catholic Study Edition: Rev 1: 8; I am the first and the Last,” says the Lord God Almighty, who is, who was, and who is to come. The God to whom Jesus ascended, the God who is our God. It is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who has given divine glory to his servant Jesus, who is speaking.

THE HOOD APOLOGIST wrote…….1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. (Jesus Speaking Again)lmighty says he's the first and the last in Isaiah 44:6, Jesus says in Rev 1:8,11 he's the first, the last, the Alpha, the Omega, and the Almighty. Case closed.

The Anointed…….. (CASE REOPENED) On the LORD's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." It is Jehovah, the Son of Man, who is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who spoke to John.

Jesus admits that he spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by our Lord God and saviour, who chose him as the one to speak in his name, “Who I Am,” and Jesus says in John 5: 24; “Whoever hear my words (The words that he was commanded to say) and believes in “HIM” who sent me, has eternal life.

John 14: 24; “And the word which you hear is not mine, but ‘THE’ Fathers who sent me. Not “MY Father” but ‘THE’ Father of us all: “Our Father who is in heaven.”

Whose words were these in reference to the body of Jesus which had been filled by the spirit=information=words of the Lord which had descended upon him in the form of a dove? “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up?”

They were the words that Jesus was commanded to say by “Who I Am,” who raised the body of Jesus, the earthly temple, which had been filled with his spirit.

Acts 5: 30; The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 13: 30; But God raised him from the dead: and he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee, etc.

1st Corinthians 6: 14; And God has both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

2nd Corinthians 1: 9; But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead.

2nd Corinthians 4: 14; knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence. _________________________It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, who said through his obedient servant Jesus; “Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up.”

InvestigateTruth

The are the same in that they are semi-mythical
beings with much more attributed to them than
ever they heard of.
So, how do you think, in both myths we see, very similar expressions? A couple other members here, pointed out, that even Krishna had said 'I am the first..and the last'. Buddha, Krishna, and Jesus lived thousands of years and miles apart. The expression 'i am the first and the last' is a very unique expression, how would different people living thousands of years and miles apart, came up with identical expressions, and claim the Founder of their religion said that? Mind you, even, there are Muslim Traditions, that Muhammad said similar things.

Audie

Veteran Member
So, how do you think, in both myths we see, very similar expressions? A couple other members here, pointed out, that even Krishna had said 'I am the first..and the last'. Buddha, Krishna, and Jesus lived thousands of years and miles apart. The expression 'i am the first and the last' is a very unique expression, how would different people living thousands of years and miles apart, came up with identical expressions, and claim the Founder of their religion said that? Mind you, even, there are Muslim Traditions, that Muhammad said similar things.

Well, I guess it is not so unique after all. Especially when
you allow for translation, as none of them actually said what
you quoted, still less in identical words.

For that matter, you dont know that any of them actually
said anything resembling the quote.

You even kinda contradicted yourself, in your last two words.

If you are devising a theory that a supernatural person
showed up in multiple times and places,
to o found great religions, and you base
it on an apparent similarity in one sentence, that
is mighty thin soup.

As in, ya need a bit more info than that, to support such
an outlandish claim.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Pretty? That's an understatement. I'd say VERY.

But this thread isn't surprising, considering the source. It is what Baha'i's believe. Another 'religious debate' just to proselytize.

I believe they are willing to fore go the truth in order to make everything fit their beliefs.

Audie

Veteran Member
I believe they are willing to fore go the truth in order to make everything fit their beliefs.

Doing that is just the human condition, not at
all restricted to the religionists. I will be impressed
in the x-treme if you are not doing it too.

InvestigateTruth

Well, I guess it is not so unique after all. Especially when
you allow for translation, as none of them actually said what
you quoted, still less in identical words.

For that matter, you dont know that any of them actually
said anything resembling the quote.
What is the correct translation of the quotes in OP, if you think, the translation is inaccurate?

You even kinda contradicted yourself, in your last two words.

If you are devising a theory that a supernatural person
showed up in multiple times and places,
to o found great religions, and you base
it on an apparent similarity in one sentence, that
is mighty thin soup.
No, i am not basing it on one similar sentence. I am simply saying, the claim that Buddha made about Himself according to this quote, is essentially the same claim Jesus did about Himself according to the Bible.
How many similarities should there be in your view, that we may conclude they are coming from the same divine Origin!?

As in, ya need a bit more info than that, to support such
an outlandish claim.
Sure, but there are other quotes from Buddha, denoting He claimed He is preexisting.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What is the correct translation of the quotes in OP, if you think, the translation is inaccurate?

No, i am not basing it on one similar sentence. I am simply saying, the claim that Buddha made about Himself according to this quote, is essentially the same claim Jesus did about Himself according to the Bible.
How many similarities should there be in your view, that we may conclude they are coming from the same divine Origin!?

Sure, but there are other quotes from Buddha, denoting He claimed He is preexisting.

I'm guessing there are about 10 000 quotes about life, attributed to each. If 10 say that they agree, and 9 990 say different, would you still go by the 10?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Of course not! Here in this RF, we have shown essential concepts in scriptures are the same. Not just 10 out of 10000!

You haven't shown anything at all. Not even 1 quote, because there is no actual proof that any of these historical figures actually said any of the things you claim. It's just the Bahai' inflexibility showing through loud and clear. I'm not sure if you've even read the many well reasoned counter-arguments presented to you.

InvestigateTruth

You haven't shown anything at all. Not even 1 quote, because there is no actual proof that any of these historical figures actually said any of the things you claim. It's just the Bahai' inflexibility showing through loud and clear. I'm not sure if you've even read the many well reasoned counter-arguments presented to you.
It does not matter if it cannot be proven 'directly' the words which are attributed to Buddha or Jesus, or Krishna , are indeed Theirs! We are comparing the teachings in the sacred writings. We see, Christianity, Buddhism or Islam, or Hinduism sacred Texts, have identical teachings, and symbolic expressions. We conclude, These Holy Books, were inspired from the same Source. I am not concerned with The Names, Jesus, Buddha, or Krishna. I'm concerned with the source of inspiration, from wherever it was. It must be from the same source, since there are astonishing similarities in the figurative language.

siti

the Original Teachinga of Buddha are not necessarily available unchanged

OP focuses on the similar statements of Buddha and Jesus about Themselves

You can't have both of these can you? If the original teachings of Buddha are not available unchanged how on earth could you possibly know what he said about himself?

On the other hand - since you did say somewhere you were looking for "logical discussion" (which presumably would entail avoiding most Bahai-led discussions on RF) - how about the idea that the two accounts were written by two humans who both had the same goal in mind - they simply wanted to elevate their own chosen "being" to the status of "divine greatness"...that would quite neatly - and logically - explain the similarity don't you think - and a fair amount of the rest of Bahai doctrine to boot!?