• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brutal Honesty

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Is it socially acceptable to be brutally honest? Why or why not?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Depends on the situation and intention. Some people really do want to present a bad with the good realist position. Some people's brutal honesty is just brutality. Like they have no or want no concept of tact or empathy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I made a 13 minute YouTube a few months ago where I admitted every single bad sin and embarrassing Behavior I could think of.

I submitted the video to a white nationalist forum and a black nationalist forum. The whites antagonized me for multiple pages and then Banned Me.

The black nationalist forum was more speechless.

No, I don't think it was healthy to do that and I'm glad I never submitted the YouTube on religious forums.

Neither should I disclose that information to anyone in real life, but I'm kind of an open book.

Shadow Link

IMG_2263.JPG

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I made a 13 minute YouTube a few months ago where I admitted every single bad sin and embarrassing Behavior I could think of.

I submitted the video to a white nationalist forum and a black nationalist forum. The whites antagonized me for multiple pages and then Banned Me.

The black nationalist forum was more speechless.

No, I don't think it was healthy to do that and I'm glad I never submitted the YouTube on religious forums.

Neither should I disclose that information to anyone in real life, but I'm kind of an open book.
As a coincidence, the title of my YouTube was "brutal honesty"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
To me, it mainly depends on whether the brutal honesty serves to help the person in some significant way, and whether there are effective alternatives to being brutally honest.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Is it socially acceptable to be brutally honest? Why or why not?

It is not socially acceptable. Even though:

People say they want brutal honesty.

But actually they really don't.

People claim to be brutally honest.

But actually they are not.

Take it from a social pariah hermit man like myself. The only thing brutal honesty achieves is alienating yourself from the rest of the world.

People want to be lied to.

They crave the vanity and glory lies bring.

Truth is often ugly and unattractive. And people do not like that.

Jumi

For being brutally honest, it's better to have reasonable and educated views, unless you want to be the obnoxious clown everywhere you go. Some places brutal could get you beaten up, thrown in jail or worse.