• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Values

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Yep, not bad.
I'm sad that the values were defined as 'British', rather they might have been described as 'egalitarian' or 'cosmopolitan' because some British values have been a bit rubbish, frankly.

She could have simply said that we need a standard curriculum upheld throughout all infant and junior schools and well regulated. :)

I remember the reports about Midland and Northern Madrassas, back in 2011............ I rather hoped that we had sorted out all this by now.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yep, not bad.
I'm sad that the values were defined as 'British', rather they might have been described as 'egalitarian' or 'cosmopolitan' because some British values have been a bit rubbish, frankly.

She could have simply said that we need a standard curriculum upheld throughout all infant and junior schools and well regulated. :)

I remember the reports about Midland and Northern Madrassas, back in 2011............ I rather hoped that we had sorted out all this by now.
It still is very woolly about what British Values are??

Sequined pictures of the Queen - is that the best she can come up with. No mention of the slave trade, colonial rule or Suez in history. I suppose geography will be all about when the globe was all crimson!!

Agree about the national curriculum...and academies and private schools have to conform too.

Typical Mail story with a picture of the 'scary muslim' school

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I hadn't noticed that you could no longer get the Daily Mail, when did it close down?
Did you not hear? Paperchase stopped promoting the paper through giving them exclusive offers when there was a huge outcry and boycott against them, and the Daily Mail completely collapsed as a result (obviously)! What newspaper could function without that sweet, sweet Paperchase money? My biggest concern is just how much a stranglehold Paperchase have on the British media as a whole - we all know that Paperchase already controls the BBC, the royal family and the UN. It's only a matter of time before they come for us all!

All hail our stationary-selling overlords!

Notanumber

A Free Man
Somehow a lot of places in Africa seem to have missed that memo.

Since you brought up Africa Britain is doing its best -

57d95a521800006c32bd156d.jpeg

These Are The 10 Countries That Receive The Most UK Foreign Aid

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is it the Right or the Left that are targeting the free Press because they can’t bear to think that something might be said that they don’t agree with?
The Right certainly is. They invented the tactic of discrediting unfavourable coverage by calling it "fake news."

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It still is very woolly about what British Values are??
I think so. If I would ask in the local transport cafe I would get different views when compared with the local exclusive golf club.
Yep....... A bit wooly.

Sequined pictures of the Queen - is that the best she can come up with.
Our Queen doesn't need sequins. She has represented our country for about 70 years continuously, through thick and thin, and is still working 30 years after most career women turned to pensions and playtime.
She used to ride on horseback in bright colours for all the world to view when most World leaders were snugged behind bullet resistant screens.
Not bad for courage and raw guts, our Queen.

No mention of the slave trade, colonial rule or Suez in history. I suppose geography will be all about when the globe was all crimson!!
Well, you know, history is full of humanity, and humanity is full of inhumanity. Pick your age and country. History sucks. :)

Agree about the national curriculum...and academies and private schools have to conform too.
Yep. And we need to watch the regulators, because they can get fat on nice salaries, and lazy.

Typical Mail story with a picture of the 'scary muslim' school
I don't know about now, but some religious and boarding schools have been VERY scary. We just need to keep the regulators keen, which is what we haven't been doing. If the education authorities screw up again we should give more control to the Care Quality Commission, that would wake em up because it would irritate the hell out of them.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Our Queen doesn't need sequins. She has represented our country for about 70 years continuously, through thick and thin, and is still working 30 years after most career women turned to pensions and playtime.
This would be somewhat more impressive if she had ever had to face a free and fair election... or an election of any kind.

And I notice you say that she has represented your country - singular - despite the fact that she's head of state of 16 different countries. I guess this speaks to another "British value:" giving short shrift to the colonies.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This would be somewhat more impressive if she had ever had to face a free and fair election... or an election of any kind.
She faces our polls on a regular basis.
Imagine that, facing all that responsibility whether you like it or not, and doing it, for 70 years.
You'll never have to face that, for sure.

And I notice you say that she has represented your country - singular - despite the fact that she's head of state of 16 different countries. I guess this speaks to another "British value:" giving short shrift to the colonies.
I didn't speak for you, I wrote for self.
If you don't want her, vote against any monarchy in Canada. But you'll have to find a majority there.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Any values have got to be much better than Islamic values, but your Social Justice Warriors just can’t see the wood for the trees.

They are prepared to defend the indefensible until they are blue in the face.
I'm not a "social justice warrior", and you didn't answer my question as to what British values ARE, exactly? What are "Muslim values", for that matter? What do you think is mutually exclusive about them?

You're the one using the term. It seems you should be able to define it without attacking people who ask you to explain what you mean by the term.