• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Values

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It isn’t Politically Correct to call ourselves English any longer. If you do, you are classed as a bigot.

Yet still Scotland has a different legal system to England. So how do you differentiate between English law and Scottish law without being classed as a bigot?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Any values have got to be much better than Islamic values, but your Social Justice Warriors just can’t see the wood for the trees.

They are prepared to defend the indefensible until they are blue in the face.

That sounds like a very British value to me

ChristineM

Premium Member
There is a young woman towards the end of this video that expresses her genuine concerns about Islam.

How interesting, you started a thread entitled British Values an hijack your own thread with anti Muslim hate propaganda. Some sort of ulterior motive?

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Of course British values are the reason for the the Indian Rebellion of 1857, the Iraqi revolt of 1920, the Boer wars, the wars in Pakistan, the Irish troubles and many, many more anti british values malarkey
Large chunks of my family tree ended up in Canada because of British values as expressed in the Highland Clearances.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So Scottish, then? You're upholding Scottish law as a British value?

Nar... Can't call English law English so English law must be Scottish law, or perhaps British law. But Scotland is also part of Britain so Scottish law is British law too, just not in England. Then we have Norhern Ireland which has similar but different British law. At least Wales and England have the same British law to save confusion.

Actually my auto correct insisted that last word should be concussion, i think i should have agreed with it.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Large chunks of my family tree ended up in Canada because of British values as expressed in the Highland Clearances.

True British values. At least you don't have the embarrassment of having to be associated with the sort of people who condone British values. I live in France now and its so humiliating trying to explain what Britain is doing

I was asked by a French guy why the UK didn't have a Thanksgiving day. My reply, if the uk celebrated every day it had screwed a country out of its rightful inhabitants then there would be no time for work.

Duke_Leto

There was a poster up at college with the British Values on it but all I can remember are 'democracy' and 'equality'. I turned my nose up at the democracy bit.

Out of curiosity, what are your objections to democracy, and what would you prefer?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Out of curiosity, what are your objections to democracy, and what would you prefer?
Democracy divides people by splitting them into parties and factions. This leads to constant disunity and therefore less stability. As someone who values a strong state and community over the individual, this horrifies me. It then relies on the public to vote - most of whom are incredibly ill-informed and/or apathetic. Or worse: see here. I would prefer a system such as the one in Plato's Politeia (The Republic).

Notanumber

A Free Man
What is it about Islam that liberals find so appealing that it allows you to simply whitewash over all the unpalatable stuff?

Thank goodness, there are Muslims that have recognised how dangerous Political Islam is.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Which one is worse than Sharia Law?
Why are you so focused on Sharia? I repeat:

Sharia is not, nor ever will it be, implemented in British law. It is no more relevant to this discussion than the possibility of the implementation of Christian law, Jewish law or Scientology law. Are there SOME Muslims who want to implement Sharia? Yes. But they are a tiny minority who pose no significant possibility of enacting actual change to the law, and there are currently far more Christians involved in both UK and US politics actively trying to implement changes to law based on their beliefs. The threat of Sharia law is practically nonexistent, except to people who are very easily scared by base, biased and sensationalist reporting that appeals to their prejudice.