• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Values

Altfish

Veteran Member
I have no need to deny that I support Nigel and what he stands for.

Whataboutism does not alter the fact that the Corbyn led Labour Party is a real and present danger to the UK and those that live here.
The best result would be another hung parliament.

Labour can then get rid of Corbyn and re-group; Tories - well I don't really care what they do - Farage is yesterday's man - he's had the worst campaign of all. He makes Corbyn and Swinson look excellent

Notanumber

A Free Man
The best result would be another hung parliament.

Labour can then get rid of Corbyn and re-group; Tories - well I don't really care what they do - Farage is yesterday's man - he's had the worst campaign of all. He makes Corbyn and Swinson look excellent

The best result would be a coalition between the Tories and the Brexit/Reform Party so that we leave the EU with a clean break and can then negotiate trade deals on a level playing field.

Nigel has put the country above his party. No other political leader would even contemplate doing that.

Your comment about Corbyn and Swinson is just shameful.

You can't compare Tory Islamophobia with Labour anti-Semitism - UnHerd

When the Labour Party is led by a man who has spent his life mainstreaming the vilest and most deadly prejudice of all, the lifelong members of the Labour tribe who recognise that fact still feel too much a part of that tribe to do the one thing that is more appalling than anything to them — which is to switch sides and vote Conservative.

That is the one thing they can never do. And so they come up with ways to reorient the political landscape; to present themselves as being the only people remaining stable while everyone else is disoriented. Whereas they — in their moment of pretended stability — may be the most lost and morally disoriented people of all.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The best result would be a coalition between the Tories and the Brexit/Reform Party so that we leave the EU with a clean break and can then negotiate trade deals on a level playing field.

Utterly absurd. We'd just end up having to grovel to the EU and Trump because of needing deals far more, and far more urgently, than they do. We're already a laughing stock - your way would really make us a vassal state subservient to other people's rules, with no say whatsoever.

The exact opposite of "taking back control".

Nigel has put the country above his party.

ROTFLMAO! You live in a strange, inverted, and distorted world, where the self-serving mendacious elites, like Johnson and Farage, who care about nobody but themselves and their rich friends are called "men of the people" and those trying to make things better for the people are "the elite".

Still, you'll probably get Boris The Lair for the next five years, shredding workers' and human rights, rigging the voting system, lowering safety standards, putting more people into poverty, more homeless on the streets, under-funding and selling off the NHS, increasing the power of the executive to stop scrutiny by Parliament or the rule of law, and giving more tax cuts to his rich friends.

I hope it makes you happy - I wish I could emigrate.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Nigel has put the country above his party. No other political leader would even contemplate doing that.

Your comment about Corbyn and Swinson is just shameful.

You can't compare Tory Islamophobia with Labour anti-Semitism - UnHerd

When the Labour Party is led by a man who has spent his life mainstreaming the vilest and most deadly prejudice of all, the lifelong members of the Labour tribe who recognise that fact still feel too much a part of that tribe to do the one thing that is more appalling than anything to them — which is to switch sides and vote Conservative.

That is the one thing they can never do. And so they come up with ways to reorient the political landscape; to present themselves as being the only people remaining stable while everyone else is disoriented. Whereas they — in their moment of pretended stability — may be the most lost and morally disoriented people of all.
The Tories/Brexit parties are in denial. They are the most racist of them all.

Notanumber

A Free Man
I have always liked Caroline Flint and not just for her good looks. It is a shame that she has become a casualty of draining the swamp.

That despicable Emily Thornberry and her stupid statement should have gone instead.

If we had an Official Opposition that consisted of people of her calibre, the UK would be a better place.

Altfish

Veteran Member
This could be old news but I see that Gerald Batten has resigned from UKIP.
#NotaNumber - you've not mentioned this, what's your hero doing now?

Notanumber

A Free Man
This could be old news but I see that Gerald Batten has resigned from UKIP.
#NotaNumber - you've not mentioned this, what's your hero doing now?

When I found out that they were banning him from standing in the leadership elections, I wrote to the secretary to express my disgust and to inform them that I would not be renewing my membership.

Thankfully, the Brexit party was formed at about the same time.

Gerard has earned his retirement with honour.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I do believe that the British should learn to love themselves more.

They need to be proud of their history again, their ancestry, their ethnic identity.
Because uncontrolled laissez- faire can be self-destructive.
Being more attentive and selective.

Ayjaydee

They need to be proud of their history again, their ancestry, their ethnic identity.
Some of it's kinda tough to be proud of

Altfish

Veteran Member

Slave Trade, Imperialistic Rule of developing countries; Royal Family - horrible things

I'm proud of many British things but also aware of our many failings and we should learn from them, not repeat them.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Slave Trade, Imperialistic Rule of developing countries; Royal Family - horrible things

I'm proud of many British things but also aware of our many failings and we should learn from them, not repeat them.

To go from one extreme to the other is not good either.