• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British students try biscuits for the first time:

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Don't worry, I will send you some Chips Ahoy! That should really confuse you.

960071578-ECOM
Stop it now. This is cultural vandalism.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have always wondered whether British are into iced tea: because in Summer, here, iced tea is a must. Peach iced tea, and lemon iced tea, to be precise.
I am glad they enjoyed that meal :)

I think that hot tea is not that appreciated, here.

I'm a brit and enjoy iced tea in summer. Bought in bottles of peach or homemade with lemon. There is always a bottle or two in the fridge during the hot weather

RestlessSoul

Americans know how to eat, I’ll give them that. They just don’t know how to name things. These are biscuits;

B95016DF-090F-4A30-BBE6-4C86FD594885.jpeg

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I think there’s also an addictive quality found in many food substances that effectively gets them banned automatically in other countries (including mine) but not the US.
Due to lobbying mostly, I would assume but I don’t know that for certain. Just seems like a reasonable conclusion in all honesty lol
High fructose corn syrup is a good example. It's used in lieu of sugar in most American food products.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Sure, I'm willing to try new things from different cultures, although I might have a tough time with that jellied eel.

I've eaten many odd foods, jellied eel only once, only because the opportunity has not happened since. Tasted a bit like tuna. Yes I'd have them again