• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British students try biscuits for the first time:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have always wondered whether British are into iced tea: because in Summer, here, iced tea is a must. Peach iced tea, and lemon iced tea, to be precise.
I am glad they enjoyed that meal :)

I think that hot tea is not that appreciated, here.

We Never Know

No Slack
I will take bacon gravy or gravy made from fried chicken (browned bits after frying) (which is the best) over sausage gravy any day of the week.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I have always wondered whether British are into iced tea: because in Summer, here, iced tea is a must. Peach iced tea, and lemon iced tea, to be precise.
I am glad they enjoyed that meal :)

I think that hot tea is not that appreciated, here.
When I was growing up we had powdered sweetened lemon iced tea. No comparison to the real thing, but it was not bad at all. I have had southern iced tea and they somehow kick up the sugar a notch or two.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
When I was growing up we had powdered sweetened lemon iced tea. No comparison to the real thing, but it was not bad at all. I have had southern iced tea and they somehow kick up the sugar a notch or two.
Really? I can't drink tea unless it has some lemon drops in it.
And lots of sugar, of course.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
White? What my Mom made and taught me is actually light tanish and its the best.
That is why I used scare quotes. It is what the British would call white. And different people have different recipes. I start with just a touch of olive oil and then melt a tablespoon or more likely two of butter in a pan, The chicken is skinless (I know a Southern sin) though if I am using only drumsticks I put the skins in another pan and render some of the fat for the gravy. There is never a lot of fat in the pan and all of it is used in the gravy.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
It looks awful but it is actually pretty amazing. Had some with my aunt when I visited
A lot of cafes here have a variation of that now
(Likely a tiny bit healthier due to legal food standards. But still)

I do remember when I visited fam in California trying Popeye’s chicken and being gutted that it’s not been franchised over here lol
I actually vastly prefer it to KFC

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It looks awful but it is actually pretty amazing. Had some with my aunt when I visited
A lot of cafes here have a variation of that now
(Likely a tiny bit healthier due to legal food standards. But still)

I do remember when I visited fam in California trying Popeye’s chicken and being gutted that it’s not been franchised over here lol
I actually vastly prefer it to KFC
Popeye's is definitely better. At least in my town. There may still be some KFC's that know how to make chicken, but I doubt it.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
You sure? Looks like scones and vomit. Certainly involves no biscuits.

It's glue, I've had the misfortune of having it served to me once. It's exactly the same colour, consistency and flavour of the perkins paste they gave us in primary school (and yes we used to dare each other to eat it).

Perkins Paste - Wikipedia

perkins.jpg

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Popeye's is definitely better. At least in my town. There may still be some KFC's that know how to make chicken, but I doubt it.
Omg right?!!!
I could eat Popeyes for days lol

I legit hate the regular KFC here. As in the chicken cooked with their “11 herbs and spices” or whatever it is. (Though that might be more to do with my curry heritage lol)
Prefer an outlet here we have called Red Rooster’s
Which is actually just normal roast chicken, with various applications of the recipe (burger, sub etc)
Weirdly they’ve begun to emulate KFC recipes lately. But whatever

I do actually like the spicy variants of KFC recipes. Particularly when hungover lol

Granted I’m not sure how much variation there actually is between our countries. I just know US food safety standards are considered extremely lax in comparison to like everyone else lol

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The students would beg to differ.

Now it is always possible that the one time you tried it you did not have a good source. Did you see that the headmaster agreed with his students?

I saw children who don't know better. Eating glue is a right of passage. Once you've done it once you don't need to ever do it again.