• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Israelism?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What bizarre and ahistorical nonsense. The ancient Britons were Celts, and were followed by successive waves of people from N Europe (modern day Germany and Scandinavia). There is zero historical evidence of any semitic people arriving in numbers, until the Jews in the Middle ages, long after the Diaspora.

It's "Caucasus" mountains, by the way.
Apparently we are still genetically mostly Celts, especially women.

WhyIsThatSo

When you look at just one part of words, it becomes a shotgun blast of finding results just about anywhere you want to look. You could do it many different words and names, especially the way you bring up different languages. The odds I suspect would be much closer to 1:10, and a coincidence that is nothing spectacular. It's the same kind of word gymnastics the "Bible Code" is based on, and again you can do the same thing with so many other sources of literature (Moby Dick used to be commonly mentioned).

yes, of course......that must be why there are literally HUNDREDS of towns and cities IN AMERICA with biblical names...….Bethlehem, Bethel, Antioch, Joppa, Corinth, etc, etc. What a "coincidence" .

WhyIsThatSo

You know, @WhyIsThatSo, I totally apologize for my wisecracks earlier. And it may be partially my fault that this has gotten out of hand. Sorry.

No problem, no offense taken......I got really, really big shoulders. ( metaphorically and literally as well, lol )
These people think I'm trying to jump on their Jewish bandwagon somehow, and steal their "God" I guess.
When all I'm doing is showing them that their God, even though He is not the true one, but an imposter...

still has great power and authority to do what He wants with His own "creation".
I'm simply acknowledging this by showing HOW he works in human history.
Strange isn't it ? That even though I know He is not the true God, I still give Him His due...
and in a real way, I'm being more respectful and appreciative of Him, than "His own people ".

And you have an open mind......don't ever close it.

Faithofchristian

What bizarre and ahistorical nonsense. The ancient Britons were Celts, and were followed by successive waves of people from N Europe (modern day Germany and Scandinavia). There is zero historical evidence of any semitic people arriving in numbers, until the Jews in the Middle ages, long after the Diaspora.

Faithofchristian

Check your history again. And get your facts straight..
It's seems you have nonsense

exchemist

Veteran Member
DAN : Don, Danaster, Danaper, Danube ( all rivers associated with the Scyths )

Dangalai (Iran)
Danava ( a Scythian tribe )
Dana ( from Lebanon-Israel to Ireland )
Don ( Wales )
Damnones ( Scythia, Scotland, south-west Britain , also known as "Dannonia" )
Dani ( Danes of Denmark )
All true. I live in Glastonbury where J of A is regularly channelled by an otherwise perfectly adorable human(He grow his own herbs)

ETA I just remembered that when I first came here, I was asked if I was a Jew.
Being a smart tuchus, I said , actually I am a Levite(which is true according to my father's lineage).
This JofA person almost began to revere me; It took a short time for him to give up on me.
Ah well, Glastonbury is the centre of English crankery, after all. You even have flying saucers there, I understand.

But there's nothing wrong with growing a few herbs. I have a pot with chives, thyme and sage in the garden- handy if you are the cook, as I am. And we have a bay tree.

Jedster

Ah well, Glastonbury is the centre of English crankery, after all. You even have flying saucers there, I understand.

But there's nothing wrong with growing a few herbs. I have a pot with chives, thyme and sage in the garden- handy if you are the cook, as I am. And we have a bay tree.

Yes, we have King Arthur's grave here and we still have the miraculous Thorne tree planted by Joseph of Arimathea. (see The Holy Thorn - Glastonbury Abbey for more)

ETA I made a mistake with sentence "(He grow his own herbs)"; I really meant something else which I have decided is nothing to do with the thread) :)

Niblo

Premium Member
The other 10 tribes went over the caucus mountains and settled in what is now called the European countries and British country.

This is very interesting. Whereabouts in Britain did these folk settle; when did that take place; and what was their language and religion? And please will you reference your sources. Thank you.

InChrist

Free4ever
In 721 BCE.....that's "BCE" (before the common era). Or in other words "BEFORE CHRIST".
The Assyrian army captured the Israelite Capital at Samaria and carried away the people of the NORTHERN KINGDOM OF ISRAEL
into captivity.

Over 700 years BEFORE CHRIST.....so please, you can do better than that .
Try reading the scriptures and you will see that before the Assyrian captivity many of the northern tribes of Israel had migrated to Jerusalem and Judah.
During the reign of Rehoboam of the southern kingdom and Jeroboam of the northern kingdom when he (Jeroboam ) set up idol worship and rejected the Levite’s as priests, many of the northern tribes left for Jerusalem.
( 2 Chronicles 11:1-16)

During the reign of Asa of the southern kingdom more from the northern tribes of Israel came to Jerusalem. ( 2 Chronicles 15:9)

A decade after the Assyrian captivity, during the reign of King Hezekiah of Judah more from the northern tribes came to Jerusalem. ( 2 Chronicles 30: 1-27)

The Assyrian deportation never removed ALL the people. Many from all the northern tribes remained in the land. ( 2 Chronicles 30:6)

Even before the Assyrian invasion all the tribes were represented in the southern kingdom. God addressed them, speaking through Rehoboam, the son of Solomon. ( 2 Chronicles 11:3)

Approximately eighty years after the Assyrian captivity King Josiah issued a call and received offerings to repair the house of the Lord from Manasseh, Ephraim and all the remnant of Israel, all Judah and Benjamin. ( 2 Chronicles 34:9)

Josiah kept the Passover and all the Levite’s. all Judah and ALL Israel were present in Jerusalem.
( 2 Chronicles 35:17-18)

The point is that the northern tribes of Israel were never fully removed from the land, many had relocated to Judah and Jerusalem. And if a similar situation occurred as did after the Babylonian captivity, many people likely returned to the land of Israel.
They were never lost. The lost ten tribes idea is false.

InChrist

Free4ever
That's what people like to say, to make themselves feel better, but it's a fallacy. They followed your god, read your Bible, Jesus makes it clear judgement is exclusively god's right.
And yet Jesus says there are many who claim to do things in his name ... but He never knew them and they are judged just as guilty as any unrepentant sinner.
If there is a God, Creator of Heaven and earth, wouldn’t it stand to reason that such a Being would exclusively have the right of judgement?

InChrist

Free4ever
Well if you check out the facts..
You would find that there are only two tribes left over in Israel.
The tribe of Israel and the tribe of Judah.

The other 10 tribes went over what is called caucus mountains and settled in what is called the European countries.. which those 10 tribes were called caucasians..
And then those 10 tribes of Israel went over and settled in what is now called the United States..
And if you understood what the Bible speaks about that when God spoke to Abraham saying to Abraham that out of him would come great Nations and kingdoms..
As it doesn't take much to figure out who and where those 10 tribes are at in the world..
Even in the book of James...James being of Israel himself,.wrote saying..
"James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting"
James 1:1..
Those 12 tribes were scattered but two of them stayed...which are the tribe of Israel and the tribe of Judah.
The other 10 tribes went over the caucus mountains and settled in what is now called the European countries and British country.
Until the United States came on the scene.. Britain was the world greatest nation..and then back in the
1700 hundreds..the United States begun to rise as a great nation.
This is why Britain and Israel and the United States has such close ties with each other.. because those 3 nation's are
of those 10 tribes of Israel. Which make up the 12 tribes of Israel.

I suggest further research on the subject. This is something I have in depth experience with as a close family member was involved in groups promoting this false idea. Thankfully they were set free by Jesus Christ.

What is British Israelism and is it biblical? | GotQuestions.org

Anglo/British-Israelism: A DETAILED REFUTATION

WhyIsThatSo

Try reading the scriptures and you will see that before the Assyrian captivity many of the northern tribes of Israel had migrated to Jerusalem and Judah.
During the reign of Rehoboam of the southern kingdom and Jeroboam of the northern kingdom when he (Jeroboam ) set up idol worship and rejected the Levite’s as priests, many of the northern tribes left for Jerusalem.

During the reign of Asa of the southern kingdom more from the northern tribes of Israel came to Jerusalem. ( 2 Chronicles 15:9)

A decade after the Assyrian captivity, during the reign of King Hezekiah of Judah more from the northern tribes came to Jerusalem. ( 2 Chronicles 30: 1-27)

The Assyrian deportation never removed ALL the people. Many from all the northern tribes remained in the land. ( 2 Chronicles 30:6)

Even before the Assyrian invasion all the tribes were represented in the southern kingdom. God addressed them, speaking through Rehoboam, the son of Solomon. ( 2 Chronicles 11:3)

Approximately eighty years after the Assyrian captivity King Josiah issued a call and received offerings to repair the house of the Lord from Manasseh, Ephraim and all the remnant of Israel, all Judah and Benjamin. ( 2 Chronicles 34:9)

Josiah kept the Passover and all the Levite’s. all Judah and ALL Israel were present in Jerusalem.

The point is that the northern tribes of Israel were never fully removed from the land, many had relocated to Judah and Jerusalem. And if a similar situation occurred as did after the Babylonian captivity, many people likely returned to the land of Israel.

Yes, of course....that must be why the two Kingdoms were at WAR off and on after the split.
And why the Northern Kingdom of Israel was referred to as the "United Kingdom" of Israel ( sound familiar ? ),
and the southern kingdom as just the "Kingdom of Judah".

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What are you babbling about? The lost sheep are those Jews who have strayed from Torah (and I don't even believe your NT). You have to introduce some very creative readings to reach your level of nonsense. If what you are saying is true, my people would have a history, a national folktale, of being Israelites, a lost tribe which was relocated to a wet and windy island from the Middle East. Our old epic poetry would be set not in wet and cold but in warm and arid. Our language would show traces of this, our folklore, our pottery. We find none of this. Not a shred, not a shard. You are making yourself look foolish peddling this rubbish.
"If what you are saying is true, my people would have a history, a national folktale, of being Israelites, a lost tribe"
"Our language would show traces of this, our folklore,"

I understand that ten (out of the total twelve) tribes of Israel who were in exile, they mostly went eastward and settled in Kashmir and the neighboring regions of Afghanistan and North Western part of Pakistan.

Regards
"Israel is to fund a rare genetic study to determine whether there is a link between the lost tribes of Israel and the Pashtuns of Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
Historical and anecdotal evidence strongly suggests a connection, but definitive scientific proof has never been found. Some leading Israeli anthropologists believe that, of all the many groups in the world who claim a connection to the 10 lost tribes, the Pashtuns, or Pathans, have the most compelling case. Paradoxically it is from the Pashtuns that the ultra-conservative Islamic Taliban movement in Afghanistan emerged. Pashtuns themselves sometimes talk of their Israelite connection, but show few signs of sympathy with, or any wish to migrate to, the modern Israeli state."
Pashtun clue to lost tribes of Israel

WhyIsThatSo

Yes, of course....that must be why the two Kingdoms were at WAR off and on after the split.
And why the Northern Kingdom of Israel was referred to as the "United Kingdom" of Israel ( sound familiar ? ),
and the southern kingdom as just the "Kingdom of Judah".

Also, I have no doubt that I was slicing and dicing scripture long before you even knew it existed.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
British Israelism...

I heard about this for the first time yesterday, someone mentioned it in a thread somewhere or other:

British Israelism - Wikipedia

I find it ridiculous for many reasons, I cannot believe people actually believed it

It sounds like a joke

Does anyone here believe the claims of British Israelism?
I think this sad, sad story underscores the danger of using the canon for predicting the future and for arguing that people should be Christians or particular types. Lots of people have gone down this road and have been trapped into institutions that claim to have divine revelation backed up by their clever interpretations of prophecies. I think its one of the worst things. I have learned this that if you convince someone to join you through argument, what you actually do is take control of them for yourself, not for God, not for Christ. I see this happening many times in History, and its just terribly sad to me. I have also experienced it.

British Israelism was clever. That I will allow, but it is no more clever than something I could have come up with. Its to me just one more in a long line of 'British Israelisms'.

Numerous leaders in the past have made themselves the authorities on God and masters of the Bible. Its like a running gag in US History. Many today look back at them and says "Boy those people were nuts or something! They were sooo wrong!" That is the summation of their efforts, yet they were honest in their beliefs! They were sure, and they prayed truly and believed hard. We aren't talking about fakers or conspirators but hard working, honest folks. Much of their good potential corroded like a battery left too long unused. Think of what they could have accomplished, but they were focused instead on being right. They were running after 'The truth', and they couldn't find it. Who was to blame? God did not owe them, but they thought that God did. They were like so many other groups. I suspect that in a sense they were robbing glory from God, got caught in the act and prosecuted, now a shame to the rest of Christians everywhere. Did God even notice them, though? Its probably more like God didn't have to do anything, because they did it to themselves.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"If what you are saying is true, my people would have a history, a national folktale, of being Israelites, a lost tribe"
"Our language would show traces of this, our folklore,"

I understand that ten (out of the total twelve) tribes of Israel who were in exile, they mostly went eastward and settled in Kashmir and the neighboring regions of Afghanistan and North Western part of Pakistan.

Regards
"Israel is to fund a rare genetic study to determine whether there is a link between the lost tribes of Israel and the Pashtuns of Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
Historical and anecdotal evidence strongly suggests a connection, but definitive scientific proof has never been found. Some leading Israeli anthropologists believe that, of all the many groups in the world who claim a connection to the 10 lost tribes, the Pashtuns, or Pathans, have the most compelling case. Paradoxically it is from the Pashtuns that the ultra-conservative Islamic Taliban movement in Afghanistan emerged. Pashtuns themselves sometimes talk of their Israelite connection, but show few signs of sympathy with, or any wish to migrate to, the modern Israeli state."
Pashtun clue to lost tribes of Israel
The Pashtun people are an Iranian people from the Indo-European family of languages and cultures. This supposed connection between them and the Jews is probably something fabricated after they converted to Islam.

Etritonakin

Some would say it can be traced from Ethiopia. Or those who are Rh-. But Rh- people are lizard people. Or are they Lizard Jews?
I kind of want to be argumentative, but have no idea what you are talking about. I like your energy, though. :)

If you start with those who are obviously "Jews" -and realize they are only a small portion of the whole of Israel -the rest -the majority -had to end up somewhere.
Do the research if you are interested.

Etritonakin

:facepalm:

Provide evidence that any Germanic people has anything to do with the Jews - linguistic and archeological. And I say this as a person with Danish ancestry. I really do laugh at you people trying to tie that to the Hebrew tribe of Dan. Prove that I'm really a Jew. :rolleyes:
Will do if I have time. First.... There is a difference between Israelite and "Jew". Israel split into two warring houses. The house of Judah -"The Jews" -and the house of Israel.
The house of Judah kept their self-identity and language. The house of Israel did not.
Second... There is a difference between being from a place and being of a bloodline.
I am "American" -but can also be described as English, Irish, Jewish, Israelite -even a bit native American -and many more.
Germanic and Jewish people existing in the same place ...nah... that can't happen. (sarcasm)