• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

British Israelism?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What I think isn't important. The point is that the text doesn't say that they were refugees like you said it did.
The word refugee doesn't exist in the Bible. But let me ask you something. If it is past the time when Assyria has destroyed the Northern Kingdom, just what would you call the Israelites living in Judah?

The Tanakh seems to use the term "REMNANT."
2 Chronicles 34:9
And they came to Hilkiah the high priest, and delivered the money that was brought into the house of God, which the Levites, the keepers of the door, had gathered of the hand of Manasseh and Ephraim, and of all the remnant of Israel, and of all Judah and Benjamin, and they returned to Jerusalem.

IndigoChild5559

So what? You're simply attempting to avoid the point that you misrepresented the source text, which implies that your argument against British Israel is weak.
Oh, are we getting back to your racist ideal of British Israelism? You haven't a leg to stand on, no proof whatsoever. It's sheer fantasy.

Ebionite

Oh, are we getting back to your racist ideal of British Israelism? You haven't a leg to stand on, no proof whatsoever. It's sheer fantasy.
Israel isn't racist, people not descended from Jacob can convert & join.
The fact that you misrepresent the text in your opposition to the idea hows how your standard of proof isn't relevant.

IndigoChild5559

Israel isn't racist, people not descended from Jacob can convert & join.
The fact that you misrepresent the text in your opposition to the idea hows how your standard of proof isn't relevant.
Don't twist my words. I didn't say that Israel was racist. I said that British Israelism was racist. It's your basic white superiority.

And you STILL can't provide a lick of evidence for your fantasy.