• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brick on the nature of the Christian God

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In my view, 'Real' belief in God is from a moral compulsion alone which alone enables the detection of God or to "Hear the call." Morality and thought are our only guides to understanding God, because it is only in morality and thought that we have any connection with God. This is not in contradiction with belief in the power of God mentioned in Christian scripture, not with God's timeless power.

I reject those arguments which want to put forward God's power as worldly. Every once in a while a person or creature is born who reasonably asks the question "Why does everything seem to be against me?" or "Why does God seem to hate me?" There have always been people suffering not as a result of their own actions but through circumstances. Where are the proofs and the arguments which can produce such a being as will create a world designed to inflict suffering yet have the ultimate quality of love? They all fall down, sheered by their own contradictions. I consider this a corner to my whole point of view complete and self evident though I be a half wit.

Does God lack food or music, joy, golden symbols, singing or any of the things people use in worship? Does God need a pat on the head or seek a back rub from us? Does worship accumulate into bowls? I think not. I think God needs none of these things, and that its a lie to tell children otherwise which may be excusable in some circumstances ( I don't know ). People don't "Sing to God" but to each other. I object what's worse is when people ignore each other in order to sing to God. That smacks of deep deception of the worst kind. It is unworship. Singing to each other is a path to worship God, but singing to God is useless. God already knows everything...so...I won't bother. If I think people are singing to God I will consider it idolatry. If they sing to sooth each other I'll consider it pleasing to God.

In all this I realize many thinkers are far ahead of me and simply don't reveal their thoughts. Some things are so obvious to people that they presume its a communally accepted lie to hide them or that for some reason we must never state the obvious. I guess its thought of as an evolutionary test or a kind of club where some are in the know and some not. In the case that I am right about all of that I heartily disagree with the concept of communal lies. People should not be kept in the dark beyond childhood, so let the cards play. People should be entrusted with understanding. If we die, we die.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Its mostly just for reference. Maybe it will save me some trouble in future.
What about ' if we live, we live ' ________________
Sure, we all die at this time because it is death that stamps the price tag as Paid in Full for our sins - Romans 6:7,23
However, since we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come ! I find we are praying for an end to death on Earth.
The end of ' enemy death ' is one reason we ask for Jesus to come! as per Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
So, those of us alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33 (Jesus' coming glory time ) can remain alive on Earth.
Stay alive on Earth to be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth.

As far as future trouble, this ' coming temporary trouble ' is referred to as the 'great tribulation' at Revelation 7:14,9.

As far as understanding God, here are three identifications to consider:
1) One needs to be convinced who is the Creator - Exodus 3:14-15; Hebrews 3:4 and what Jesus said at Revelation 4:11.
2) Prove by examining Scripture that the Bible is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Acts of the Apostles 17:11.
3) Christ as Head of the Christian congregation as an organized group as mentioned at John 13:34-35; John 14:6; Isaiah 43:10-12; Romans 12:2; Acts 15:14

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What about ' if we live, we live ' ________________
Sure, we all die at this time because it is death that stamps the price tag as Paid in Full for our sins - Romans 6:7,23
However, since we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come ! I find we are praying for an end to death on Earth.
The end of ' enemy death ' is one reason we ask for Jesus to come! as per Isaiah 25:8; 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
So, those of us alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33 (Jesus' coming glory time ) can remain alive on Earth.
Stay alive on Earth to be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth.

As far as future trouble, this ' coming temporary trouble ' is referred to as the 'great tribulation' at Revelation 7:14,9.

As far as understanding God, here are three identifications to consider:
1) One needs to be convinced who is the Creator - Exodus 3:14-15; Hebrews 3:4 and what Jesus said at Revelation 4:11.
2) Prove by examining Scripture that the Bible is inspired by God - 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Acts of the Apostles 17:11.
3) Christ as Head of the Christian congregation as an organized group as mentioned at John 13:34-35; John 14:6; Isaiah 43:10-12; Romans 12:2; Acts 15:14
I appreciate your concern. I've been through all of these scriptures, and I think I do a relatively good job with theology. Eschatologically I believe Revelation is about endless patience -- a call to be a saint wherever you are in whatever age. I think every person in the world is inspired by God, hence we are able to determine what is scripture. Scripture is everywhere you look, like letters running about on every leaf, every wall, in the air, in the clouds; and as with the pages of a book it must be spiritually deciphered. The canon is, yes, inspired by God, too. It is an accumulation of scriptures from all over, gathered for our benefit. The historical evidence for this seems undeniable. Over the last two centuries Babylonian has been deciphered and Egyptian, so we can independently verify that scripture in the canon is gathered from multiple places and also transformed with new information. We can also see influences from Zoroaster in which appears perhaps for the first time ever the idea of a supreme being. The writer in the NT knowing this (though it is forgotten for many ages after until 19th century) says "All scripture is inspired by God." They probably know that scripture has no cover or enclosure in agreement with me, just like God has no box.