• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit is Costing Britain 500 Million Pounds per Week and Growing

Notanumber

A Free Man
This just keeps getting better and better.

Labour activist attacked for her political beliefs

It sounds like what Antifa would do. Maybe they just misidentified their target.

I agree with this –

All we know is what this article says about the incident, I assume in due time once the thugs are caught & put in front of a judge we will find out more.

"Posh snob" to me at least does not sound like what right wing extreme party members might say whilst attacking someone.

Time will tell.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
It sounds like what Antifa would do. Maybe they just misidentified their target.

Except it wasn't Antifa, was it? You're just trying to deflect.

I agree with this –

All we know is what this article says about the incident, I assume in due time once the thugs are caught & put in front of a judge we will find out more.

I wonder if you'll be saying the same if the culprits are found out to be tommunists.

"Posh snob" to me at least does not sound like what right wing extreme party members might say whilst attacking someone.

Time will tell.

Of course it doesn't. Because Britain First/Yaxley-Lennon/UKIP supporters are all high-brow, gentrified, informed and cultured people. Every one of them. :rolleyes:

This sounds like the work of disillusioned working class far-right foot soldiers

Notanumber

A Free Man
Except it wasn't Antifa, was it? You're just trying to deflect.

I wonder if you'll be saying the same if the culprits are found out to be tommunists.

Of course it doesn't. Because Britain First/Yaxley-Lennon/UKIP supporters are all high-brow, gentrified, informed and cultured people. Every one of them. :rolleyes:

This sounds like the work of disillusioned working class far-right foot soldiers

I am not one of those "Hanging Judges". I like to ask questions before reaching for my gun, so to speak.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I am not one of those "Hanging Judges". I like to ask questions before reaching for my gun, so to speak.

I seriously doubt that.

The fact you seem to think Yaxley-Lennon is being persecuted for being 'politically aware' rather than being jailed because he committed contempt of court and jeopardised one of the trials he wanted to happen so badly (ironic) shows that if you are asking questions you're not asking the right ones. Or at the very least you're getting your answers in the wrong places. Maybe your next question should be 'how does contempt of court work?' followed by 'how do suspended sentences work?'.

Also your "asking questions" was to just reactively cast aspersions on the other side.

Last edited:

Notanumber

A Free Man
I seriously doubt that.

The fact you seem to think Yaxley-Lennon is being persecuted for being 'politically aware' rather than being jailed because he committed contempt of court and jeopardised one of the trials he wanted to happen so badly (ironic) shows that if you are asking questions you're not asking the right ones. Or at the very least you're getting your answers in the wrong places. Maybe your next question should be 'how does contempt of court work?' followed by 'how do suspended sentences work?'.

Also your "asking questions" was to just reactively cast aspersions on the other side.

I am confident that it will all come out in the wash, given time.

Patience is a virtue.

exchemist

Veteran Member
It gets more and more surreal does this Brexit shenanigans; our Government is now placing orders with a 'shell' company that has no boats to provide us with Ferries in the case that there is a no deal.
Priceless.

Grayling defends giving Brexit ferry contract to company with no ships

Mind you it is Grayling who keeps reminding us how incompetent he is.
Yes this made me laugh too. However, to be fair, this shipping company may have deals to lease ferries "wet", i.e. ready-crewed and fuelled, as with airline wet leasing. So while it's always fun to kick around a nit like Grayling, he may not necessarily be a total jerk over this particular decision. The issue then is what ferries are these, that are sitting around crewed and ready to start on a new route at the drop of a hat? Perhaps Greek, not needed off-season for the routes in the Med?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Yes this made me laugh too. However, to be fair, this shipping company may have deals to lease ferries "wet", i.e. ready-crewed and fuelled, as with airline wet leasing. So while it's always fun to kick around a nit like Grayling, he may not necessarily be a total jerk over this particular decision. The issue then is what ferries are these, that are sitting around crewed and ready to start on a new route at the drop of a hat? Perhaps Greek, not needed off-season for the routes in the Med?
So, it is nothing to do with the fact that the company's owners are Tory Party donors?

exchemist

Veteran Member
So, it is nothing to do with the fact that the company's owners are Tory Party donors?
Er what I was addressing was the implied criticism that it is a silly thing to do to award a contract to a new company that is not yet operating. Personally I don't see the party donation thing as very relevant - lots of commercial companies donate to the Tory party.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Er what I was addressing was the implied criticism that it is a silly thing to do to award a contract to a new company that is not yet operating. Personally I don't see the party donation thing as very relevant - lots of commercial companies donate to the Tory party.
But when the company currently has a book value of £65 (I think that's right but stand to be corrected) and has never sailed or owned a boat one wonders who and why they are awarded the contract ahead of companies that do have a track record of owning and sailing boats.
I think it is very relevant that they are Tory donors.

exchemist

Veteran Member
But when the company currently has a book value of £65 (I think that's right but stand to be corrected) and has never sailed or owned a boat one wonders who and why they are awarded the contract ahead of companies that do have a track record of owning and sailing boats.
I think it is very relevant that they are Tory donors.
Well, we shall see. If they screw up on April Fool's Day we'll know.

I'm beginning to think what this stupid country needs is to crash out and see what it feels like for 6 months. That will destroy the Brexiters totally. Bozo, Iain Dumcnut-Smith, Grayling, The Moggatollah, the whole lot of them. And it will teach the country a sorely needed lesson in what real life is like as a middleweight country in the big bad world with no friends. It will probably lead to a far-left Labour government, but maybe that's also what we need for a bit, if only to remind ourselves how impractical the far left is. But it will be a painful decade.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Well, we shall see. If they screw up on April Fool's Day we'll know.

I'm beginning to think what this stupid country needs is to crash out and see what it feels like for 6 months. That will destroy the Brexiters totally. Bozo, Iain Dumcnut-Smith, Grayling, The Moggatollah, the whole lot of them. And it will teach the country a sorely needed lesson in what real life is like as a middleweight country in the big bad world with no friends. It will probably lead to a far-left Labour government, but maybe that's also what we need for a bit, if only to remind ourselves how impractical the far left is. But it will be a painful decade.
The trouble with that is, you are punishing the sensible people who voted Remain. Also the ones who didn't or couldn't vote.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The trouble with that is, you are punishing the sensible people who voted Remain. Also the ones who didn't or couldn't vote.
Yup. But also the lazy youngsters who didn't bother to go down to the polling booth and are now complaining that the old have ruined their lives. :rolleyes: And it is not me that is doing the punishing: it is the idiots who created, or believed, all the lies.

Whatever happens, the country is screwed: the economy will suffer (it is already starting) and the country will be split down the middle for a generation. A lot of people are going to be very unhappy, for a long time, whatever happens.

Thank God my son has dual nationality.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It gets more and more surreal does this Brexit shenanigans; our Government is now placing orders with a 'shell' company that has no boats to provide us with Ferries in the case that there is a no deal.
Priceless.

Grayling defends giving Brexit ferry contract to company with no ships

Mind you it is Grayling who keeps reminding us how incompetent he is.
Stranger and stranger...

Ferry company with no ferries awarded multi-million pound government contract despite 'copying and pasting parts of website from takeaway outlet'

Please tell me this is a joke!!