• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit in a nutshell

Let's see how tourism there will take a nosedive when it turns out that Brits suddenly can't "just" book a holiday there without an admistrative hell to get their papers in order and/or see how vacation there will suddenly see a cost rise of 40-50%.

People have no idea how many aspects of every day life have become "cheap" or easy, as a direct result of the EU.

You seem to be vastly overstating the role of the EU here. What magic do you think it is actually doing to keep prices down by 50%?

Travel between Italy and the UK after Brexit will remain unchanged. You will just need your passport and a ticket.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Your vision of politics seems to be based on opposition is illegal and should be banished or suppressed.
I take it you get this from Russia and Turkey and other authoritarian states that you seem to like.

Are you talking to me or this lot?

Bo**ocks to Verhofstadt! Euro Parliament's Brexit man shows contempt for Britain's voters

RESPECT for the European parliament’s so-called Brexit coordinator Guy Verhofstadt plummeted to new depths today as the former Belgian Prime Minster happily accepted a “Bo**ocks to Brexit” T-shirt on stage at the Liberal Democrats conference.

The politician seemed to throw out any semblance of even-handedness over Brexit as he took to the stage with Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson who's party is hell-bent on ignoring the 2016 Brexit vote to leave the EU by revoking Article 50. Mr Verhofstadt, a prominent critic of Brexit who earlier this year featured in a behind-the-scenes documentary, Brexit: Behind Closed Doors, tweeted a picture of him being presented with the t-shirt, bearing the slogan B******* to Brexit, by MEPS Luisa Porritt and Catherine Bearder. He posted: "Great to be in Bournemouth to celebrate the success of the @LibDems, Britain's pro-European party. "I picked up a new t - shirt too! ;-)"

One Twitter user replied: "You made a truly terrifying speech talking of Empire!

"Some call it ESSR, some call it a EU Federal Superstate, you call it Empire but whichever name you use the result is the same and is a horrific thought.

The UK will never submit to your 'Empire'."

Another added: “Great to celebrate the end of democracy and from now on rule by autocrats who know what is best for the ignorant citizens.

“Ignore the voters and shamelessly say b******** to them.”

A third said: “A fan of Lib Dem’s. Not a fan of those T-shirts.”

Another observed: "A bunch of middle class people donned in the flag of a trading bloc, honking like seals at a man calling for the EU to become a new Empire is the least liberal thing I've seen in years."

Others trained their fire on the Liberal Democrats themselves, with one posting: "Now we really know what the LibDems want, be part of an EU Empire, not a surprise, with it's totally anti-democratic Leader.

"Maybe there are some now thinking, well after listening to @guyverhofstadt is this the EU we want 2 be a part of.. folks think the UK has problems ;-)

Altfish

Veteran Member
Are you talking to me or this lot?

Bo**ocks to Verhofstadt! Euro Parliament's Brexit man shows contempt for Britain's voters

RESPECT for the European parliament’s so-called Brexit coordinator Guy Verhofstadt plummeted to new depths today as the former Belgian Prime Minster happily accepted a “Bo**ocks to Brexit” T-shirt on stage at the Liberal Democrats conference.

The politician seemed to throw out any semblance of even-handedness over Brexit as he took to the stage with Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson who's party is hell-bent on ignoring the 2016 Brexit vote to leave the EU by revoking Article 50. Mr Verhofstadt, a prominent critic of Brexit who earlier this year featured in a behind-the-scenes documentary, Brexit: Behind Closed Doors, tweeted a picture of him being presented with the t-shirt, bearing the slogan B******* to Brexit, by MEPS Luisa Porritt and Catherine Bearder. He posted: "Great to be in Bournemouth to celebrate the success of the @LibDems, Britain's pro-European party. "I picked up a new t - shirt too! ;-)"

One Twitter user replied: "You made a truly terrifying speech talking of Empire!

"Some call it ESSR, some call it a EU Federal Superstate, you call it Empire but whichever name you use the result is the same and is a horrific thought.

The UK will never submit to your 'Empire'."

Another added: “Great to celebrate the end of democracy and from now on rule by autocrats who know what is best for the ignorant citizens.

“Ignore the voters and shamelessly say b******** to them.”

A third said: “A fan of Lib Dem’s. Not a fan of those T-shirts.”

Another observed: "A bunch of middle class people donned in the flag of a trading bloc, honking like seals at a man calling for the EU to become a new Empire is the least liberal thing I've seen in years."

Others trained their fire on the Liberal Democrats themselves, with one posting: "Now we really know what the LibDems want, be part of an EU Empire, not a surprise, with it's totally anti-democratic Leader.

"Maybe there are some now thinking, well after listening to @guyverhofstadt is this the EU we want 2 be a part of.. folks think the UK has problems ;-)
LibDems will have my vote at the next election

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Funny Brexit summary I just read in a magazine:

UK: We want a unicorn!
EU: Unicorns do not exist. Instead, you can have a pony.
UK: We vote against your pony.
EU: We already discussed this in detail: it's a pony or nothing.
UK: We vote against your pony.
EU: Alright, then you get nothing.
UK: We vote against your nothing.
EU: ... you really don't get it, do you?
UK: We need more time to think about it.
EU: About the pony or about nothing?
UK: We want a unicorn.

It's a joke, but as an analogy, it seems spot on.

UK,we want to leave this undemocratic two tier union.
EU,why?,look of all the benefits.
UK,well it's not what we voted for in 1975 and there have been many changes that we had no vote on so when the opportunity came we voted out the Democratic way.
EU,ok you can leave but we'll dictate how this happens,we'll set you the task of the northern island issue and just bombard you with bull**** until you give up.
UK,not going to happen matey,there's no way back.

Altfish

Veteran Member
UK,we want to leave this undemocratic two tier union.
EU,why?,look of all the benefits.
UK,well it's not what we voted for in 1975 and there have been many changes that we had no vote on so when the opportunity came we voted out the Democratic way.
EU,ok you can leave but we'll dictate how this happens,we'll set you the task of the northern island issue and just bombard you with bull**** until you give up.
UK,not going to happen matey,there's no way back.
Just as the Remain campaign said prior to the Referendum - but it was called Project Fear and ridiculed

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Read this^, @Notanumber .... more reasons to exit this EU-madness

You forgot to answer the question.
What does it have to do with the nonsense I was replying to?
Why bring up Verhofstad in reply to that specific post?

If you have no proper respond to the specific post, then perhaps don't reply?

If you wish to have a Verhofstad bashing topic, you are free to go and create a thread about it.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Good luck with that.

More delusional nonsense.
The EU is not ruled by Verhofstad. Not even by a long shot.
Italy actually would like the return to the EEC. So this is doable only by rewriting all treaties, or better, by rewriting a new treaty of Rome, nullifying the previous one.
Italy believes in a United Europe but this monstrous supranational entity wanted by Brussels elites is the reason why Britain is leaving.

Last edited: