• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit in a nutshell

Altfish

Veteran Member
You will vote a political party that will be just as reckless as the Labour Party was but even more anti-democratic regardless of their deceitful name.
I vote for compassion and inclusiveness; you vote for division, hatred and privilege.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If you look at the overall track record of economists and their 'models', you wouldn't consider them experts on anything.

You'd be better off flipping a coin because at least you'd know you were relying on blind luck.

Ever considered the merits of localism over globalism? For me that would be real progress (and I think it will become a more popular view over time, not that I expect it to happen quickly).

I fully agree with you, I've always said it was a value judgement. I just think it's pretty clear that this applies to most people on both sides.

Put it this way, how many remainers could write a comprehensive, evidence-based overview of the reasons different people support Brexit (and vice versa)? I'd be amazed if it exceeds 10% (being generous).

Well, if they had been considering it objectively they could have searched out their own reasons to weigh up, but not many did (which is not a criticism, it's just the nature of mass democracy)

The young are always idealistic :D

Economics was not a subject studied to great depth I'll admit and there is much disagreement of course. I would rather study maths, much more interesting. :oops:

Can't wait to see the consequences of a No-Deal exit. :(

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
He is a very rare voice of reason in an unreasonable institution.
As you know our PM is supported by leftists now,
Today Viktor Orban came to Rome to show his support to Giorgia Meloni and Salvini.

00053ED4-giorgia-meloni-e-viktor-orban.jpg