• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brexit 6-years ago

Altfish

Veteran Member
Im definitely not a millionaire,didn’t go to Eton or enjoy the company of the KGB,Farage and none of the above have made no difference in my choice,it truly was a stitch up from the beginning.
But they are the ones who are benefitting.
I managed to realise this before the vote

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
But they are the ones who are benefitting.
I managed to realise this before the vote

Maybe they do but the man on the street never benefited either way,the same slums are the same as before,it was never the case where it became better even for Brussels it’s became worse,rich people it’s easy,the old saying “money comes to money”.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Nah, they love being British, just don't like being European

Not some friends of mine. One in particular when showing me a castle would say something like "in such and such a year the valiant Welsh sadly were not able to take the castle and overthrow the English invaders".

It appears that the Plaid Cymru and Gwlad are both independence parties and Wikipedia says there are others.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Maybe they do but the man on the street never benefited either way,the same slums are the same as before,it was never the case where it became better even for Brussels it’s became worse,rich people it’s easy,the old saying “money comes to money”.
There are plenty of areas losing big style because of Brexit. Cornwall has had the fishing hit and its funding slashed.
We are suffering such high oil prices (when compared to other countries) because of the fall in the value of the pound

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There are plenty of areas losing big style because of Brexit. Cornwall has had the fishing hit and its funding slashed.
We are suffering such high oil prices (when compared to other countries) because of the fall in the value of the pound

It’s not because of the war in Ukraine or recovering from covid,it has to be brexit and we are the only ones suffering.

The way to look at it imo is we’re out and even if we wanted to go back there’s no way,there was maybe a halfway house with Macrons big plan but his presidency is over this month and he doesn’t have a working majority in France,until this war is over everything will get worse for every body and perhaps the EU should grow some balls and stand up to Putin.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Although for Scotland Brexit contains a poison pill in that, were they to rejoin the EU, a hard border would be created at the English border, cutting Scotland off from its prime "export" market, just as the UK has cut itself off from the EU market.

But Irish reunification must come within the next couple of decades, I should think. And, ironically, that will actually be a Brexit benefit to Britain! In fact, you may have hit on the only benefit it will ultimately bring.:D

News just in...

- Scottish independence: 19 October 2023 proposed as date for referendum

exchemist

Veteran Member
Yeah but that's all balls, to help Sturgeon keep her party with her. She knows damned well the Supreme Court will tell her it's not legal. So then she'll be able to wring her hands and blame Wostmunster fer denying the Scawttush pipple their inalienable etc etc............. [whinge, snore, repeat and fade]..............

....and thereby kick the can safely down the road for a few more years:rolleyes:.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Yeah but that's all balls, to help Sturgeon keep her party with her. She knows damned well the Supreme Court will tell her it's not legal. So then she'll be able to wring her hands and blame Wostmunster fer denying the Scawttush pipple their inalienable etc etc............. [whinge, snore, repeat and fade]..............

....and thereby kick the can safely down the road for a few more years:rolleyes:.
You should be on Newsnight :)