• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking the Solipsistic Curse

Little Joe Gould

Seeking God
I discovered something today! I was reading at the library and I realized that for my entire life I have been only concerned with my conscious experience and my conscious experience only; as if the minds of others do not matter. And then I read an interesting passage of one of my books and it revealed to me that the more your actions are motivated by selfless altruism and compassion the happier you will be. So I decided I would give it a shot. When I left the library I saw a woman carrying a lot of bags about to walk in the door. I stopped for a moment and thought to myself, "Every time I have to walk into the library carrying all my books and coffee cup it's always nice to have somebody hold the door for me." So I waited until she got to the door and I held it open for her. She very politely thanked me for it and smiled and so did I. It felt good. So when I got home I continued doing nice things for people in my family and I felt even happier! It worked! Anyway, that's my story I just felt like sharing! Kindness is contagious, like karma and all that stuff. If you're ever feeling down try thinking about how someone else is feeling and do something nice for them!

horizon_mj1

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would follow your advice? The world would in fact be a much happier place to be in.