• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Breaking News, George Floyd's Death was caused by cardiopulmonary arrest

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The New York Times is reporting the results of a private autopsy that found Mr. Floyd's death was caused by all three offices working in tandem. The two pressing down on his back prevented him from filling his lungs. The one pressing down on his neck contributed to that. The result was Mr. Floyd's death by asphyxiation.

The private autopsy, which was conducted by highly skilled professionals, reached conclusions at variance from the Hennepin County autopsy. For instance, it found no evidence Mr. Floyd was in poor health at the time of his death. It found the cause of death to be asphyxiation, rather than coronary arrest, and so forth

Live Updates on George Floyd Protests: Trump Vows to Deploy Military If Violence Continues

You have to scroll down to the autopsy report.

The Hennepin County Report would support a ruling of homicide with perhaps mitigating factors. The private autopsy is much more damning.

Wandering Monk

The New York Times is reporting the results of a private autopsy that found Floyd's death was caused by all three offices working in tandem. The two pressing down on his back prevented him from filling his lungs. The one pressing down on his neck contributed to that.

The private autopsy, which was conducted by highly skilled professionals, also reached conclusions at variance from the Hennepin County autopsy. For instance, it found no evidence Mr. Floyd was in poor health at the time of his death.

Live Updates on George Floyd Protests: Trump Vows to Deploy Military If Violence Continues

I am sure one can lead to the other.

Wandering Monk

Sadly, I am sure that this part will be used by the defense as justification of the severe restraint:

The medical examiner’s office statement said Floyd had indications of heart disease including “arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease,” as well as fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.​

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sadly, I am sure that this part will be used by the defense as justification of the severe restraint:

The medical examiner’s office statement said Floyd had indications of heart disease including “arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease,” as well as fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.​

Hence, the private autopsy. In America, it is naive to think a coroner would automatically be above altering the facts a bit to help out the police.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The New York Times is reporting the results of a private autopsy that found Mr. Floyd's death was caused by all three offices working in tandem. The two pressing down on his back prevented him from filling his lungs. The one pressing down on his neck contributed to that. The result was Mr. Floyd's death by asphyxiation.

The private autopsy, which was conducted by highly skilled professionals, reached conclusions at variance from the Hennepin County autopsy. For instance, it found no evidence Mr. Floyd was in poor health at the time of his death. It found the cause of death to be asphyxiation, rather than coronary arrest, and so forth

The Hennepin County Report would support a ruling of homicide with perhaps mitigating factors. The private autopsy is much more damning.
The very fact that you have two separate autopsies with differing opinions is very disconcerting. That should not have happened.

To think that police officers even use those techniques and still deploy them is absolutely mind-boggling in terms of people have died from that. Not just Mr. Floyd.

If a guy says he needs air, the stupid cop should not ignored that. Plus the guy was already restrained, so why the hell would you need to keep doing that?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The OP headline calls it a homicide. The rest of the findings are not relevant.

gnomon

Hence, the private autopsy. In America, it is naive to think a coroner would automatically be above altering the facts a bit to help out the police.

Absolutely. One need only look at Dr. West the supposed forensic dentist. While not a coroner his garbage technique of forensic dentistry was a travesty in the criminal justice system.

Wandering Monk

Another damnable thing about this whole episode. There is independent video of this situation, but the part where he is taken down and cuffed is not complete.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm not sure how the rules work in America, and won't pretend to.
But that restraint technique wouldn't fly here. My wife is trained in such things, and what she saw angered her more than me.

(Her assumption is that police training would be sufficient that they'd know exactly the extreme danger such a restraint technique placed the victim in, whereas I 'just' saw it as brutish and excessive force)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm not sure how the rules work in America, and won't pretend to.
But that restraint technique wouldn't fly here. My wife is trained in such things, and what she saw angered her more than me.

(Her assumption is that police training would be sufficient that they'd know exactly the extreme danger such a restraint technique placed the victim in, whereas I 'just' saw it as brutish and excessive force)
The thing that concerns me is a fair amount of people died from that technique and the police still keep on using it.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm far from convinced it was unintentional that the cop pressed on Floyd's neck long enough to kill him. That was several minutes, which included pleading from the latter to be allowed to breathe. The cop was either intentionally careless or intentionally malicious toward Mr. Floyd. It is hard to imagine how a trained cop couldn't have known exactly what he could do by kneeling on someone's neck for that long.

He needs to be charged with a murder involving some degree of intent. I don't believe manslaughter does the heinous nature of the crime enough justice.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I'm far from convinced it was unintentional that the cop pressed on Floyd's neck long enough to kill him. That was several minutes, which included pleading from the latter to be allowed to breathe. The cop was either intentionally careless or intentionally malicious toward Mr. Floyd. It is hard to imagine how a trained cop couldn't have known exactly what he could do by kneeling on someone's neck for that long.

He needs to be charged with a murder involving some degree of intent. I don't believe manslaughter does the heinous nature of the crime enough justice.
Note none of the people claiming the hold wasn't THAT bad will accept an offer to have their neck knelt on in a similar way.