• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We'll take two slices of bread, butter on one side each, a slice of cheese in-between (I prefer pepper jack), and then pan fry it. Often served alongside tomato soup.

Sometimes we'll add a slice of fried bologna as well.

Guess what I'll be making for a lunchtime snack tomorrow, not with pepper jack, can't get it here

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought it's more frying pan...

After handling a few reports in the morning:

images

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I learned of that maybe a year or so ago. Apparently it was more common and popular in America during the Depression.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Bring fish 'n' chips onto a subway and you've got a Subway fish 'n' chips.
This reminded me of an old TV show my brother and I used to watch when we were kids:
The Toothbrush Family - Wikipedia

Flash Fluoride, one of the main characters, would sometimes say stuff like the following:
"To get a butterfly, you take a fly, press it on butter and presto, you've got a butterfly!"

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting. In the U.S. they just offer sandwiches and salads.
Just the other day I heard that service in foreign KFCs is much better than in American KFCs. I wonder if in other multinational food chains there are significant differences between American stores and foreign ones.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Just the other day I heard that service in foreign KFCs is much better than in American KFCs. I wonder if in other multinational food chains there are significant differences between American stores and foreign ones.
They usually adjust their menus to better suit local tastes and cultures (quality is probably also better due to the lack of high fructose corn syrup in everything). The idea of selling Subway selling fish and chips just struck me as odd because their whole shtick is sandwiches.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
They usually adjust their menus to better suit local tastes and cultures (quality is probably also better due to the lack of high fructose corn syrup in everything). The idea of selling Subway selling fish and chips just struck me as odd because their whole shtick is sandwiches.
Subway don't do fish and chips here; Britons would probably consider that some kind of crime.

I found the US McDonald's sooo much better than the British, but the KFC was so-so.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Subway don't do fish and chips here; Britons would probably consider that some kind of crime.
I once heard that shortly after Starbucks opened in the UK, the workers were told to not wish customers a nice day because British people did not like being told to have a nice day.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I once heard that shortly after Starbucks opened in the UK, the workers were told to not wish customers a nice day because British people did not like being told to have a nice day.
It sounds a bit sarcastic, perhaps, but some workers at various places do use some variant of it and it's fine.