• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Apparently a lot of what's considered polite etiquette in the U.S. is considered disconcerting or even rude in many European countries.
Yup. I'd much rather live there. I'd probably do better to because they don't have the emphasis on being friendly, bubbly social butterfly. Americans can be seen as overdoing it, from what I've been told.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Yup. I'd much rather live there. I'd probably do better to because they don't have the emphasis on being friendly, bubbly social butterfly. Americans can be seen as overdoing it, from what I've been told.

Egyptian and other Arab cultures are quite extroverted and friendly as well. The former is hyper-extroverted. Funnily enough, this is one reason I have thought I might fit in better if I went to the US rather than Europe, especially the more introverted countries thereof such as Sweden and Germany. Almost all Egyptians I know who have immigrated to Europe struggle with the introverted culture, aside from one who is in the UK and living in a big city.

Even my best friend (who is from northern Europe) now struggles back home because of the introversion after living in Egypt for a few years.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Egyptian and other Arab cultures are quite extroverted and friendly as well. The former is hyper-extroverted. Funnily enough, this is one reason I have thought I might fit in better if I went to the US rather than Europe, especially the more introverted countries thereof such as Sweden and Germany. Almost all Egyptians I know who have immigrated to Europe struggle with the introverted culture, aside from one who is in the UK and living in a big city.

Even my best friend (who is from northern Europe) now struggles back home because of the introversion after living in Egypt for a few years.
Yeah, I think the only that could be worse for me would be a culture with a tonal language, which is an end game scenario for me as super flat monotone as I usually am.
But the Germans I like. Blunt, literal, amd friendly without making it an exhausting endeavor, and consistently among the easiest for me to socialize and get along with.