• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brand New

Eyes to See

So I've been getting restless with this shelter in place order going on. Decided to cruise the internet looking for some religious discussion and found this place.

Never been here. I've been in other forums so I know how things go. You have the majority of people being lurkers. Some people who post now and again. And a few diehards who are probably sitting on their computers 24 hours a day hitting refresh every few minutes. Some people will be honest and enjoy honorable discussions and exchanges of idea. Some are arrogant and will not listen to reason and will only argue one way and ignore everything that goes against their ideas.

I tend to fall into the category of casual user. I tend not to spend too much time online, but I can get into lively discussions. Am polite, but quickly learn who not to reply to and who to ignore. If you are of the same mind-set I hope to have an interchange of ideas eventually.

I am a student of the Bible. Have read it many times over the years, various translations, and languages. Believe it is the word of God and have faith in Jesus Christ.

Greets.

Eyes to See

So first question. As I click on the most resent thread posted I can read but cannot reply. I get this message:

"(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
Go to First Unread"

What is required to get privileges to engage in other threads? Is there a requirment of a number of posts in the newbie forum or some such?

ManSinha

Welcome

It may depend on the thread you are clicking on - watch the "bread crumbs" at the top to see where it is located

upload_2020-4-10_18-26-20.jpeg

If it is in the DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) - you have to pick up to three of your choice from your settings page
If it is in the Debates area - you should be able to post
A mod or another (more expert than me) user of RF may be able to provide further guidance

Hope you enjoy it here - it can get lively

There are lot of learned people on here and then there are others like me that are still learning as we go .........

Eyes to See

Thank you for the quick reply! I was carousing through a couple other threads and was able to reply in those so I guess it is the fourm it was posted in. I will check out that DIR thing referred to. Nice to meet you.

lostwanderingsoul

So, as a student of the Bible, can you give me a verse that specifically says people's souls go to Heaven when they die. This seems to be a pretty basic belief among Christians but I have not found a single verse that says this. Can you help?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Thank you for the quick reply! I was carousing through a couple other threads and was able to reply in those so I guess it is the fourm it was posted in. I will check out that DIR thing referred to. Nice to meet you.

Yes, it depends on the forum you are trying to post in. You can only post in DIRs that you are subscribed to.

Welcome to the Forum.

Terry Sampson

So first question. As I click on the most resent thread posted I can read but cannot reply. I get this message:

"(You have insufficient privileges to reply here.)
Go to First Unread"

What is required to get privileges to engage in other threads? Is there a requirment of a number of posts in the newbie forum or some such?

ETS,
Look up in the right-hand corner, where your avatar and name is. Click on your name.

Screenshot_2020-04.png

That will take you to your "Personal Details" page.

Screenshot_2020-04-10 (2).png

Then look at the center of that page and scroll down. You should come to a list of DIRS, each preceded on the left by a box. Click the box. That should give you access to what you want, if I haven't screwed up.

Screenshot_2020-04-10 Personal Details Religious Forums.png

Eyes to See

So, as a student of the Bible, can you give me a verse that specifically says people's souls go to Heaven when they die. This seems to be a pretty basic belief among Christians but I have not found a single verse that says this. Can you help?

Well I can tell you definitely what the Bible states about the soul. The condition of it at death. Heaven, and the rest.

Soul in Hebrew is nepesh. It can refer to several things not just one. Commonly it refers to a living being with the breath of life and flesh. It refers to the fish of the sea and the animals on dry ground and the birds in heavens as "nephesh" or souls in Genesis 1.

Ezekiel 18:4 says that the soul that is sinning will die. So the outcome of the soul, or living being that sins will eventually be death.

The hope of heavenly life is never stated in the Hebrew Scriptures. The hope is revealed in the gospels by Jesus himself, and expounded upon later in the letters. For example Paul wrote that no human of flesh and blood (or a human soul) could enter into the kingdom of god in 1 Corinthians 15. So the soul or living human that is flesh and blood does not enter into heaven. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

It later states that just as their is a physical body there is a spiritual body. That is, there are spirit beings that live in the spirit realm. God, and his son Jesus, and the angels are all spirits. The scripture says that God is the "Spirit"- 2 Corinthians 3:17. It says that angels are spirits. (1 Corinthians 15:39-50).

Death is the end of life.

The Bible says that some humans will be raised from death and given spiritual bodies in the form of God and Jesus at Jesus' return. These will not be human souls. They will be spirits, with the divine form of God whom no man has ever seen or ever can.

ETA:

I just learned how to edit a post. I added a few Biblical references as requested. I see they automatically link to a KJV of the Bible. Very nice.

Last edited:

Eyes to See

Welcome

It may depend on the thread you are clicking on - watch the "bread crumbs" at the top to see where it is located

View attachment 38755

If it is in the DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) - you have to pick up to three of your choice from your settings page
If it is in the Debates area - you should be able to post
A mod or another (more expert than me) user of RF may be able to provide further guidance

Hope you enjoy it here - it can get lively

There are lot of learned people on here and then there are others like me that are still learning as we go .........

Got it. Thanks.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
So I've been getting restless with this shelter in place order going on. Decided to cruise the internet looking for some religious discussion and found this place.

Never been here. I've been in other forums so I know how things go. You have the majority of people being lurkers. Some people who post now and again. And a few diehards who are probably sitting on their computers 24 hours a day hitting refresh every few minutes. Some people will be honest and enjoy honorable discussions and exchanges of idea. Some are arrogant and will not listen to reason and will only argue one way and ignore everything that goes against their ideas.

I tend to fall into the category of casual user. I tend not to spend too much time online, but I can get into lively discussions. Am polite, but quickly learn who not to reply to and who to ignore. If you are of the same mind-set I hope to have an interchange of ideas eventually.

I am a student of the Bible. Have read it many times over the years, various translations, and languages. Believe it is the word of God and have faith in Jesus Christ.

Greets.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome. :) If/when you decide to sign up for whichever DIR fit your beliefs best, don't be surprised if it takes an hour or so for the posting privileges to activate. The refresh to the servers sometimes takes a bit.
Enjoy!