• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brainwashed children plead to die as martyrs in Red Mosque siege

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
From the Sunday Times UK Online comes this horrifying story:

Dean Nelson, Islamabad

SAIMA KHAN wants to die a martyr. Life is transient, she told her father in a telephone call last week, and the real glory is to sacrifice it for Allah. Her statement would be alarming at any age, but Saima is only 10.

----

Saima and her 14-year-old sister, Asma, were embroiled in a struggle for the soul of Pakistan in which up to 70 militants died last week and more than 100 were injured, according to mosque officials.

Holed up inside the complex behind the lines of troops and razor wire, the children – many of them girls whose families had sent them to the mosque to receive a strict Islamic education – repeatedly rejected relatives’ entreaties to leave before a threatened army onslaught.

There was evidence that many had been brainwashed into a cult of martyrdom, and the authorities feared last night that some were being prepared to be suicide bombers. In barely eight weeks, Saima had been transformed from a religious but fun-loving girl to a jihadi, grimly craving martyrdom.

At the barricades, her father (more)

Someone says 30 girls have been buried inside the grounds of the mosque.

No matter how many times I read about someone doing things like this to little children I can't wrap my mind around such horror and abuse. It is absolutely sickening and I just keep saying How? How can human beings on this earth allow such things to happen? How can they rob little girls of their childhood innocence, of their lives?

Despite their evident fire-power, the military, many of them drawn from special forces, were playing a waiting game. They wanted to avoid the bloody confrontation apparently being sought by the mosque’s firebrand leader, Abdul Rashid Ghazi, who said he was determined to fight to the last.

I hope he burns in hell forever.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
From the Sunday Times UK Online comes this horrifying story:

Someone says 30 girls have been buried inside the grounds of the mosque.

No matter how many times I read about someone doing things like this to little children I can't wrap my mind around such horror and abuse. It is absolutely sickening and I just keep saying How? How can human beings on this earth allow such things to happen? How can they rob little girls of their childhood innocence, of their lives?

It is sick.

The solution is to do away with any religion that has a heaven and hell....end of problem.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
It is sick.

The solution is to do away with any religion that has a heaven and hell....end of problem.

I get your point but really don't want to debate the religious concepts of heaven and hell in this thread, my negative opinion of religion in general can be read here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=873803&postcount=158

I'd rather focus on an insane cult leader using little children and women as human shields and bomb fodder to try and overthrow a government, and why the American media really doesn't think it's newsworthy that there are little girls being brainwashed into embracing "martyrdom" for "Allah".

It's like they just don't care, or are afraid to mention it. I don't get it.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I get your point but really don't want to debate the religious concepts of heaven and hell in this thread, my negative opinion of religion in general can be read here:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=873803&postcount=158

I'd rather focus on an insane cult leader using little children and women as human shields and bomb fodder to try and overthrow a government, and why the American media really doesn't think it's newsworthy that there are little girls being brainwashed into embracing "martyrdom" for "Allah".

It's like they just don't care, or are afraid to mention it. I don't get it.
I wasn't intending to debate the heaven and hell aspect, notice my short comment regarding the matter? :) Believe me, I could have gone on. :D

I've read many articles online about the recruitment of kids. Perhaps you mean television doesn't carry these stories?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
I wasn't intending to debate the heaven and hell aspect, notice my short comment regarding the matter? :) Believe me, I could have gone on. :D

I've read many articles online about the recruitment of kids. Perhaps you mean television doesn't carry these stories?

re the heaven hell thing that's ok, so could i :angel2:

i'm talking about this. particular. story. whether online, in the msm or wherever... the blase, who cares, too controversial, not my problem, why are you trying to start trouble attitude.

as for american media the attitude is more deliberate on the order of yellow journalism, spin, censorship, gatekeeping. whatever you want to call it,
Proof: there is a dramatic difference between the OP article and the two linked in post 3, both in content and in tone.

I'll take it even further. As I knew would happen when I posted it, there is little interest here. That in itself I find to be of interest...

Contrast the reaction here to this, one of over 600 comments on another forum:

Where the hell is "the goracle"? Damn, he and his should step up to this hell. I sob for these children. NYT and all the rest who read here, I say to you, ***! And why don't you get off your overpaid a**es to defend the true innocents of this world? Oh, I forgot you had to cover Live Earth. Yea, that's it . Hope you choke on that paycheck. B******s!

See, now I call that an appropriate response to this horror.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I'll take it even further. As I knew would happen when I posted it, there is little interest here. That in itself I find to be of interest...
Hey, it's Monday morning and it really hasn't been that long since you started the thread. Give it time, you'll get more comments.

Regarding the quote from another forum. I bet that person is just full of hot air and likes to point the finger. What the hell do you think he/she is doing about the problem? Probably forgot the whole incident 5 minutes later. You think ranting is a solution? I don't.

What CAN we do about it, tell me? You need Muslims in those countries to stand up and shout to stop the insanity.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
Hey, it's Monday morning and it really hasn't been that long since you started the thread. Give it time, you'll get more comments.

Regarding the quote from another forum. I bet that person is just full of hot air and likes to point the finger. What the hell do you think he/she is doing about the problem? Probably forgot the whole incident 5 minutes later. You think ranting is a solution? I don't.

What CAN we do about it, tell me? You need Muslims in those countries to stand up and shout to stop the insanity.

Well Evmo you are right of course, and your last statement is totally true.

But since we don't know what it's like to live there, do we know they have a voice? Or are they so scared of these sickos they don't risk the safety of their families to speak up? Truly I don't know if they can, and I don't trust the media to give us an accurate portrait of life in these places.

As far as forums/comments etc.: What are ANY of us doing? What CAN we do? But really what do we WANT to do? The first step in any solution has to come from knowledge and then honest, open discussion. I can't help it, when I see the media gutting stories like this, and I find out the truth in a newspaper overseas it bothers me. So I want to go post it so maybe someone else will see it and at least have the opportunity to form an opinion, whether it is the same as mine or not.

The story and its coverage or lack of it bothers me. What is happening to these children sickens me. The least I can do is tell someone else about them and pray for them and their families.

At what point do we admit the mass media DOES have a direct impact on world events at least how Americans view them or respond to them or relate to them. I personally think the poster has a point. The vitriole is over the top, but so is the subject.

I feel lied to all the time when I watch the news here or read a newspaper. I feel we DON'T have freedom of the press, and if we the people don't have access to facts we are crippled and our motives are suspect. And I resent the fact that living in a "free society" we have to go online and do research to find out what's going on, rather than being able to rely on the news to tell us the truth.

Sorry for the rant, i'm just really angry.:sorry1:

Whoever brainwashes children should be strung up. Could there be anyting worse then being a mental prisoner? Us children, cut us soem slack, we are your future!

Booko

Deviled Hen

Was Abdul Rashid Ghazi the same guy that was caught escaping dressed in a burkha? Or was that someone else?

I had not heard the rest of this yet.

I cannot conceive of parents or other adults using children as pawns in some deadly game, but they do so throughout history.

Maybe our species will grow up and put a stop to this sort of abuse. We do have the potential to make that happen.

Smoke

Done here.
Was Abdul Rashid Ghazi the same guy that was caught escaping dressed in a burkha? Or was that someone else?
That's his brother, Abdul Aziz Ghazi. Martyrdom becomes followers much more than leaders.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, MB.

Yes, it's fascinating how some leaders who condone martrydom are so unwilling to take it upon themselves personally.

And they call me a :chicken:

harumph

Booko

Deviled Hen
What is with the American media ignoring this part of the story, they keep referring to "radicals" and "militant students" inside the mosque. Not one word about little girls in these NPR and Washington Post stories.

The American media is mainly dysfunctional at this time, Fluffy. There are darned few journalists left, and those that are still here have their hands tied by those who own the means of communication. There are only 5 media owners left now, and there's PBS, except they've been cowed by political/economic interests as well.

Most of the reporting these days smells more like glorified infomercials than actual new.

But we have the web. Seek out your information elsewhere. The American media is pretty much a waste of time.

Smoke

Done here.
Abdul Rashid Ghazi and more than 50 others have been killed. (See here.)

I hope Luftullah Khan finds his daughters among the living, and is able to undo the effects of their "strict Islamic education."