• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brain pickings

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you're all enjoying your time spent with us here on the forum!

Here's a site with loads of interesting articles & book reviews etc etc etc

In this annual review, following the annual selections of the year’s loveliest children’s books and overall favorite books, “best” is as usual a composite measure of what I most enjoyed thinking and writing about over the course of the year, and what you most ardently read and shared.

It has been curious to observe, in this most difficult year of my life, the patterns that emerge — strong women’s voices; the healing power of nature, of poetry, and of kindness; the necessity of unselfish love, of friendship, and of solitude; and lots and lots and lots of trees — and how they illuminate the things that help me, and perhaps you, survive. Thrive, even.

The article also has The Healing Power of Gardens and an Ode to friendship and loads more ...

If you want the full article just send me 10 bucks and I will email it to you!

Or you could click on this link -

The Best of Brain Pickings 2019

Enjoy your day!