• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brahman or Self is pure consciousness...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
:) I state facts. Point out where I am wrong. I get angry when people try to distort my religion to suit their interests. Does not matter if they are from some other religion (like the Bahais who say that Krishna was a manifestation sent by their 19th Century uneducated religious preacher), or Hindus like Yogananda who told untruth about Hinduism to American people to make himself important. I have very clearly said that I am an orthodox Hindu.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
:) I state facts. Point out where I am wrong.

Yeah, we don’t do that in DIRs, and even if we did, I would never assume to point out where you’re “wrong” with regard to your worldview.

I get angry when people try to distort my religion to suit their interests.

Sounds like you have something you may wish to work on then. Your anger is not a result of what others do, but of your own reaction. The second arrow of suffering. :)

atanu

Premium Member
That is your opinion (that I am running after babas and gurus). Which is not wisdom, as you do not know me. Fortunately I know the truth.

Sai Baba has helped me so much, that I will be ever grateful to Him. I feel no need to belittle Him, nor other Gurus, do you?

At least Sai Baba has the Wisdom, being a Poorna Avatar, more than you or I can ever achieve on earth.

You are correct. When we term Shri Ramakrishna, or Shri Ramana or certain other teachers as an avatar, we do not do it in strict Vaisnava mode but in advaitic mode, acknowledging that Brahman shines resplendent in some beings more fully. Spiritual aspirants benefit immensely by associating with such teachers.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Nice point there, Atanu. They are not avataras of Lord Vishnu (or any other God worshipped by Hindus, Rama, Krishna, Shiva etc.)
I hate it when followers make the Shirdi Baba into Rama/Krishna or Shiva. I do not place him even in the category of Ramakrishna or Ramana. Shirdi baba was manufactured by some people after his death for the sake of money. The poor man cannot even be blamed for it. Shirdi baba is an industry.

ajay0

Assuming there is a consensus on what the Advaita concept actually is.

Advaita is what it is, and pseudo-advaita made up by pseudo-advaitans is also what it is. You cannot make a consensus between truth and falsehood.

You need to discriminate between the two understanding the possibility of fraud in upanishadic philosophy as taught by the Srimad Bhagavatham .

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.3.32: Cities will be dominated by thieves, the Vedas will be contaminated by speculative interpretations of atheists, political leaders will virtually consume the citizens, and the so-called priests and intellectuals will be devotees of their bellies and genitals. ( in the present Kali Yuga).

Last edited:

EsonauticSage

Between extremes

"You are the Self, the infinite Being, the pure, unchanging Consciousness, which pervades everything. Your nature is bliss and your glory is without stain. Because you identify yourself with the ego, you are tied to birth and death. Your bondage has no other cause",
says Shankaracharya in the Vivekachudamani.

This is a pretty accurate description, I agree.