• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Brahma-Net, a compact overview of all kinds of views

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
As surely not so known, the Buddha left a comprehensive collection of all views people might held, often base for religions, behind and this is recorded in the The Brahmā Net.

My person thought to leave it here for investigation who ever might be interested and maybe one or another likes to reflect own or others views within this net.

In this important sutta, the first in the Tipitaka, the Buddha describes sixty-two philosophical and speculative views concerning the self and the world that were prevalent among spiritual seekers of his day. In rejecting these teachings — many of which thrive to this day — he decisively establishes the parameters of his own.

Much joy, inspiration and even high gains of insight, clearancy and release.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Buddha is my Guru, but he never learnt the art of saying things in a precise manner. Or perhaps who wrote his conversations made it like that. :D

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
(Good householder, it's not so good to speak in such manner about even ones own Guru. The are some useful tipps if not so used to read actually very clear, better releasing, texts: Befriending the suttas)

It's a very long teaching, of course. Not something that can be taken in between and of cause needs certain interest. If certain simile in addition might be of use, or something not clear, one might not hesitate to let it be known.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Eh, Buddha is my guru, and sure, I can have some fun with him. I have been with him perhaps for 20 years. He does not mind. Little things.

Last edited:

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
(There is no worry about the Buddha nor other Gurus, but just as a hint for the actor and results of such for him, good householder.)

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
(Your deeds, your fruits, Brahman son.)
as for the topic, read PARTIAL ETERNALISM, Devas corrupted by playing.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not believe in 'partial eternalism'. I believe in 'full eternalism'. Though my eternalism dismisses the distinction between existence and non-existence. RigVeda said:
"sato bandhumasati niravindan hṛidi pratīṣyākavayo manīṣā ll"
(Sages who searched with their heart's thought discovered the existent's kinship in the non-existent).
Rig Veda: Rig-Veda, Book 10: HYMN CXXIX. Creation.