• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Boys and Girls Names

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
beckysoup61 said:
Just out of curiousity, what are some of your favorite names?

(i.e. names meaning, Bill, Jamie, Joan, etc.)

What are you favorite boys names?
What are you favorite girls names?
I'm partial to the names I chose for my girls. My girls are Emily June (Emmie) & Ruthie Grace (Roo).

I also really like Chloe Grace and Emma. These didn't go over well with the hubby. Our next baby, if God blesses us with one and if we have another girl will be Molly Rosalie.

Boys...I like the names Brady, Erik and Blaine. But...if we do have a boy in the future...he will be Michael Thomas, after both of the grandpas.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
dawny0826 said:
But...if we do have a boy in the future...he will be Michael Thomas, after both of the grandpas.
We named our son after both grandpas: James Andrew.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I like the name Gavin Shephard, that I mentioned earlier, because that takes two names from my husbands side, and I like the name Emma Jane, because my great-great-great grandmother was named that.

lunamoth

Will to love
Baby names are fun to talk about. Some great and creative suggestions above. My girls are named Grace and Ella. I also like Rose, Sara, and Dana for girls, and Joshua, John and Addison for boys. My name, on the days I remember it, is Laurie.
cheers,
lunamoth

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I liked Genevieve and Gabrielle for girls, and Deacon for a boy (all names I've just realised of characters that were vampires in either books or movies). Strangely enough I have two girls and a boy, and none of them are named any of my first choices. Their first names are all their own, but the second and third have family significance.

Brandon Joseph MacLeod, Alexis Beryl Clarice, Brooke Charlotte May.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
i like the name willow as well, it means something (other than a tree) which i can't remember - i shall do some digging;)

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Boys: Dagda, Ethan, Virbius.
Girls: Boudicca (Beau so she doesn't get teased), Diana, Amber.

Oh and what about Conan...... .. .. . ... . ... the Barbarian :D

Myself and my brothers all have exceedingly boring names. Our Parents have great imaginations, they're just too scared to use em.

Christopher John
Paul Matthew
David William

Oh dear *shakes head*

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Boys' names ? James, Andrew (just happens to be both my sons, names) - although James wishes we had called him Michael:D

Girl's names ? We had Marie-Claire in mind had one of ours been a girl, but I like Zoe, Michelle............

Ðanisty

Zephyr said:
Of course, for guys I have to go with Dave. It's just a loyalty of mine. If my name is Dave, then it is the best name ever.

Other than that:

Boys: Jack and Timo
Girls: Sophie and Nina

If I were to have a son, he would be named Dave. I mean, come on! Think of all the cool Daves out there: Dave Mustaine, David St. Hubbins, David Ellefson, David J Haskins, the list goes on.
My sister-in-law's name is Sophie. I think it's a great name.

I also like, for girls:
Abigail, Zoe, Gwen, Delia

And for boys:
Xavier, Wolfgang, David, Alexander

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
cardero and I named our first son Kal-El after Superman.

We are thinking about naming our daughter Asagi with a middle name like Kornflakes.

I like the name Akani for a girl.

jonny

I don't have any preference for girl's names. For guys names, one of my kids is getting the middle name Albert. It's a family name that was passed on to me. My grandfather, great-grandfather, great-great-grandfather, uncle, and cousin all share the name with me (it's my middle name). I want to name one of my kids Derek also, after my great-grandmother Derrick. She was one of the most amazing women I've ever met. After reading her and her husband's life stories I made this decision. If I name him Derek Albert he'll have the initials DAM. :)