• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bout to apply for a job

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Tagging @KenS and @JustGeorge @Guitar's Cry
So as I was signing up for college to go on path to get a certificate to work in childcare cuz I thought said certifacite was required I learned from my advisor that I could actually already apply to work at a certian daycare center near where I live. As long as I start classes for certificate in a certian number of months from when I apply for said job I could work there and they may provide a scholarship for me. So I'm now going to see if they group home will take me there for me to apply.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Im just wondering what imma wear to interview. This convo I had with group home manager cuz im still waiting for a link from my advisor on said daycare

Group home manager: you'll have to dress a certian way for a job interview

Me: I got a button up and a tie

Group home manager: that should work but you dont really need a tie

Me: but I have a ton of ties I don't wear and ties are often worn at interviews. I want to wear a tie. Think that'll go ok?

Group home manager: well you could wear one it'd be appropriate for the interview but like you just dont really need one.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I had one job interview in my life; I wore black slacks and a plain black sleeveless shirt. I pulled my hair back in a ponytail and didn't wear any makeup. But that was 20 years ago... I did get the job.

Good luck with the job process!

RestlessSoul

Best of luck.

And my opinion about the tie, for what it’s worth - if you want to wear it, and you’ll feel comfortable, then wear it; it’s appropriate in the circumstances and sometimes it’s fun to dress up a little.

VoidCat

Best of luck.

And my opinion about the tie, for what it’s worth - if you want to wear it, and you’ll feel comfortable, then wear it; it’s appropriate in the circumstances and sometimes it’s fun to dress up a little.
I think the group home manager dont want me wearing one cuz im assigned female at birth but like im nonbinary. I'm not a woman. Im not going to work for anyone who treats me like one. My gender expression is often masc. If i get the job I don't plan on telling any of the kids im nonbinary imma just let them assume whatever. If a kid asks if im a girl or boy I may say im female just so parents don't get mad.

Besides said daycare is for infants to preschool. I honestly don't think it matters if im masc presenting or femme presenting. As long as im dressed appropriate for work following a dress code if there is one I don't think what I dress is like going to matter much. There's no reason for me to get into trans stuff to preschoolers

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Very young ones will often try to pull on bright and dangly things like ties or earrings, so it might be smart to avoid wearing these.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Spookily, I got a job today. I went for the trad shirt and tie but I think what swung it was the fluttery lashes and scent. The interviewer was lusting after me, I could tell.

VoidCat

@crossfire Im just wearing the tie for the interview. I dont plan on wearing it around infants I know better then that.

I also am going to look for a way to wear my veil without an infant or preschooler trying to remove it

VoidCat

@crossfire Im just wearing the tie for the interview. I dont plan on wearing it around infants I know better then that.

I also am going to look for a way to wear my veil without an infant or preschooler trying to remove it
Which theyll likely try to do anyway lol but my religion requires veiling the hair

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Also avoid wearing any pierced facial jewelry--including any nose or tongue piercing jewelry. Toddlers may try to imitate you and wind up shoving beads up their nose or swallowing them--even when you are not around them.

VoidCat

Also avoid wearing any pierced facial jewelry--including any nose or tongue piercing jewelry. Toddlers may try to imitate you and wind up shoving beads up their nose or swallowing them--even when you are not around them.
Good thing I only have pierced ears and I hardly wear earrings.

Reminds me of my grandma's kid she did try to pull my earrings off one time so I just never wore them around the kid again.
Also I accidently taught her to slap people. Dont ask me how

VoidCat

Good thing I only have pierced ears and I hardly wear earrings.

Reminds me of my grandma's kid she did try to pull my earrings off one time so I just never wore them around the kid again.
Also I accidently taught her to slap people. Dont ask me how
I accidently taught her that cuz I'd take her hand and have it tap my face softly and move my face to the side cuz that would make her laugh. Now she slaps folk cuz she thinks it's funny.

Im not doing that with anymore kids. Dont know what I was thinking at the time. I probably wasn't I surely wasnt thinking about how babies mimick folk

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to wear little stars on my cheeks(I still do, once and awhile). It wasn't necessarily for the kids, but when I was working with kids, I found they loved that.

Spookily, I got a job today. I went for the trad shirt and tie but I think what swung it was the fluttery lashes and scent. The interviewer was lusting after me, I could tell.

I take it you didn't use me as a reference... :)

What job will they have you doing?