• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Both Christian and muslism beleive in the Dormition of the Virgin.

All Christians (both Catholic and Protestant) and Muslims believe in the miracle of Dormition of the Virgin.(
Assumption of Mary especially in the Arab world .

Goodman John

I am essentially a Gnostic Christian but I do not believe Mary was divine in any way, nor was she made pregnant by God (at least no more than any of us were). I think she was a normal girl, who had sex and got pregnant in a very normal way, and gave birth to a very normal baby boy- Jesus. When she died, it's entirely possible her spirit escaped to the spiritual realm to be with God, but it's also possible her spirit wasn't ready and underwent one or more transmigrations before it was released (or maybe her spirit had been in someone else prior to her birth; maybe it's still out there in someone trying to break free). I certainly don't believe she was a virgin when she was made pregnant or when she gave birth or remained a virgin her entire life. Really, if Mary was a perpetual virgin, what was Joseph supposed to do- go out and get some relief with some shikse over on the Gentile side of town?

When you boil it all down, Mary's personal story is irrelevant to that of Jesus and the Christ spirit within him. Mary didn't do anything special except give birth, and didn't leave us with any ministry or teachings of her own. I honor Mary as Jesus' mother, but no more so than I do anyone else's mother.