• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Born Again

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
To be born again is to become a new creation in Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit and the gifts thereof. That's how I understand it, at least.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's correct. Have you been born again?
I don't know. I could give different answers that depend on the perspective. I converted to Catholicism in my teens and was "born again" for a time but fell away from it because my life fell apart (again, since its fallen apart more than once) awhile after and I drifted away. Now I need to put my life back together again, so perhaps the Holy Spirit will return to me.

DavidFirth

I don't know. I could give different answers that depend on the perspective. I converted to Catholicism in my teens and was "born again" for a time but fell away from it because my life fell apart (again, since its fallen apart more than once) awhile after and I drifted away. Now I need to put my life back together again, so perhaps the Holy Spirit will return to me.

If you were born again the Spirit has not and will not ever leave you. I think you were born again and that's why you keep coming back. Sometimes it seems as though God is ignoring us but that is never the case. I have tried other things but the Spirit always makes the truth known to me and I cannot deny the truth that is Jesus Christ.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you were born again the Spirit has not and will not ever leave you. I think you were born again and that's why you keep coming back. Sometimes it seems as though God is ignoring us but that is never the case. I have tried other things but the Spirit always makes the truth known to me and I cannot deny the truth that is Jesus Christ.
You have a good point. There is something about Jesus that keeps me coming back and pondering about Him. I keep trying to run away but He catches up to me!

DavidFirth

You have a good point. There is something about Jesus that keeps me coming back and pondering about Him. I keep trying to run away but He catches up to me!

Friend, I deserve no credit. I learn from my own personal experiences just like I think all Christians do. It isn't easy. Christ brought not peace but a sword. Look at how long Peter took to become the mature Christian he was.

Our success depends on Christ, not ourselves. It doesn't matter how smart a person is. Moses was a stutterer. None of us are better than others, we're all sinners looking for mercy and forgiveness.

Christ is strong in you and keeps His promises even though we often renig on ours. His faithfulness to us is forever. Knowing these things, which you already do know them, makes it easier to love and serve Him.

I am just telling you what you already know.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Friend, I deserve no credit. I learn from my own personal experiences just like I think all Christians do. It isn't easy. Christ brought not peace but a sword. Look at how long Peter took to become the mature Christian he was.

Our success depends on Christ, not ourselves. It doesn't matter how smart a person is. Moses was a stutterer. None of us are better than others, we're all sinners looking for mercy and forgiveness.

Christ is strong in you and keeps His promises even though we often renig on ours. His faithfulness to us is forever. Knowing these things, which you already do know them, makes it easier to love and serve Him.

I am just telling you what you already know.

Jesus never picked up a sword. When Jesus said that He comes to bring a sword, what He meant by that was that He came to bring justice to Lucifer and the rebel angels.

It also has a somewhat symbolic meaning in that He came to bring the truth about God and slay the primitive ideas of the ten commandments that Moses invented.

DavidFirth

Jesus never picked up a sword. When Jesus said that He comes to bring a sword, what He meant by that was that He came to bring justice to Lucifer and the rebel angels.

It also has a somewhat symbolic meaning in that He came to bring the truth about God and slay the primitive ideas of the ten commandments that Moses invented.

Interesting post. But Moses invented nothing. The 10 commandments were written by the finger of God Himself. Christ came to fulfill the law, not abolish it.

Christ destroyed the power of the law to condemn us by fulfilling it Himself. Since He fulfilled it's requirements and died on the cross for us in our place because we cannot we are released from the condemnation of sin that comes from the law. That's the Gospel in a nutshell.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Interesting post. But Moses invented nothing. The 10 commandments were written by the finger of God Himself. Christ came to fulfill the law, not abolish it.

Christ destroyed the power of the law to condemn us by fulfilling it Himself. Since He fulfilled it's requirements and died on the cross for us in our place because we cannot we are released from the condemnation of sin that comes from the law. That's the Gospel in a nutshell.

Moses invented nothing? Oh, really? Are you familiar with Hammurabi's laws? Probably not, so I will explain. Jerusalem was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar and the Jews were taken to Babylon where they learned of Hammurabi's laws.

When the Jews were released from Babylon and returned to Israel they brought back Hammurabi's laws with them.

Then Egypt was conquered by the Hyksos, not Jews but friends of the Jews.

Israel then experienced a famine and the Jews were invited to Egypt by the Hyksos. They took their ancient texts with them that had laws based upon Hammurabi's laws.

After some time the Egyptians took back their country from the Hyksos and were angry at the Jews and enslaved them. You know the story of how the Jews escaped.

The only reason the Jews followed and believed Moses was because they had little choice and because the volcano they were camping near became active and terrified the poor little primitive humans.

Christ came to fulfill the law, not abolish it? The reason Christ said that was because He did not want to violate free will. He could have enlightened everyone instantly to the truth but that would violate the reason for the universe to exist in the first place.

Jesus wanted to give humans a more advanced teaching. If Jesus attempted to instantly and completely abolish the ten commandments the Jews would not have accepted it. That was one of their core beliefs, that they were the chosen people and that God was all about them but Jesus preached against the ten commandments, not for them.

Christ destroyed the power of the law to condemn us by fulfilling it Himself? No one has the power to destroy any of God's laws, not even Jesus. God does not make stupid primitive laws about what humans should do on Friday's, ignorant humans make up those kinds of stupid rules to isolate and control their people. God's laws are the laws of physics and they are unbreakable.

Also, Jesus did not die on the cross to save us. We've always been saved, or, we've always had the opportunity to be saved. It's just that humans never fully understood it until after Jesus.

You're not released from sin forever. You have the opportunity to be saved. If you continue to commit sin there is no place for you in the universe.

You humans have really inflated ego's. You really think it's all about you but you can't even survive outside of your own atmosphere without a protective suit and you haven't been anywhere, haven't done anything, and haven't evolved out of the primitive animal stage.

God does not interfere with any being on any planet in any galaxy. You're just not that important.

DavidFirth

Moses invented nothing? Oh, really? Are you familiar with Hammurabi's laws? Probably not, so I will explain. Jerusalem was conquered by Nebuchadnezzar and the Jews were taken to Babylon where they learned of Hammurabi's laws.

When the Jews were released from Babylon and returned to Israel they brought back Hammurabi's laws with them.

Israel then experienced a famine and the Jews were invited to Egypt by the Hyksos. They took their ancient texts with them that had laws based upon Hammurabi's laws.

After some time the Egyptians took back their country from the Hyksos and were angry at the Jews and enslaved them. You know the story of how the Jews escaped.

The only reason the Jews followed and believed Moses was because they had little choice and because the volcano they were camping near became active and terrified the poor little primitive humans.

Christ came to fulfill the law, not abolish it? The reason Christ said that was because He did not want to violate free will. He could have enlightened everyone instantly to the truth but that would violate the reason for the universe to exist in the first place.

Jesus wanted to give humans a more advanced teaching. If Jesus attempted to instantly and completely abolish the ten commandments the Jews would not have accepted it. That was one of their core beliefs, that they were the chosen people and that God was all about them but Jesus preached against the ten commandments, not for them.

Christ destroyed the power of the law to condemn us by fulfilling it Himself? No one has the power to destroy any of God's laws, not even Jesus. God does not make stupid primitive laws about what humans should do on Friday's, ignorant humans make up those kinds of stupid rules to isolate and control their people. God's laws are the laws of physics and they are unbreakable.

Also, Jesus did not die on the cross to save us. We've always been saved, or, we've always had the opportunity to be saved. It's just that humans never fully understood it until after Jesus.

You're not released from sin forever. You have the opportunity to be saved. If you continue to commit sin there is no place for you in the universe.

You humans have really inflated ego's. You really think it's all about you but you can't even survive outside of your own atmosphere without a protective suit and you haven't been anywhere, haven't done anything, and haven't evolved out of the primitive animal stage.

God does not interfere with any being on any planet in any galaxy. You're just not that important.

If I'm not important to you please don't bore me with such nonsense.

Tmac

Lighten up homy but now that you bring it up, is there anything that is important to God.

Tmac

The only victims are the ones who have super inflated ego's and need to be king because nothing else will do.

Why would you say that David? What about the person born a slave or some one married into an abusive relationship or even the relationship you described with regards to the human evolution? Your definition does not hold up in these cases. I'm beginning to think that you are blind to my reality.

Magus

No historical evidence for any of that, The whole story of Babylonian Captivity
surrounding Nebuchadnezzar II is entirely fictitious , the Bible claims Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed Tyre and became King of Egypt, He never did.

Nebonidus was the Last King of the Chaldean Dynasty, never mentioned in the entire Bible, Babylon did not fall in 539 BCE , the Last king of Babylon was Darius III, The Kingdom of Babylon was dissolved in 330 BCE by Alexander the Great.

The Holey Babble gets everything wrong.

Tmac

No historical evidence for any of that, The whole story of Babylonian Captivity
surrounding Nebuchadnezzar II is entirely fictitious , the Bible claims Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed Tyre and became King of Egypt, He never did.

Nebonidus was the Last King of the Chaldean Dynasty, never mentioned in the entire Bible, Babylon did not fall in 539 BCE , the Last king of Babylon was Darius III, The Kingdom of Babylon was dissolved in 330 BCE by Alexander the Great.

The Holey Babble gets everything wrong.

Look Magus, I have no idea who's account of history is correct, yesterday is only important (to me) for memories sake, motives vary, I'm only interested in now. Now I know that the bible was made for man and not man for the bible but to say that the (either everything is holy or nothing is holy) bible gets everything wrong points to an emotional scar. You should do something about that as it bleeds from your argument and confuses me as to your motive, truth or to show how right you are.

Tmac

To be born again is to become a new creation in Christ, receiving the Holy Spirit and the gifts thereof. That's how I understand it, at least.

Except for the new creation in Christ part, holy Spirit and gifts I see my words in yours, do you see my words in yours? Look, I don't care how one understands the process but to claim exclusivity crosses the line for me. Hell, even your so called leader chastised the elders for preaching exclusivity.

Tmac

Maybe, just maybe, its not Jesus that keeps you coming back but the message and teachings that appeal to you. Just a heads up, Jesus wasn't a catholic or even a Christian for that matter and I would venture to say that most of the Jews didn't think of him as being Jewish.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Except for the new creation in Christ part, holy Spirit and gifts I see my words in yours, do you see my words in yours? Look, I don't care how one understands the process but to claim exclusivity crosses the line for me. Hell, even your so called leader chastised the elders for preaching exclusivity.

Maybe, just maybe, its not Jesus that keeps you coming back but the message and teachings that appeal to you. Just a heads up, Jesus wasn't a catholic or even a Christian for that matter and I would venture to say that most of the Jews didn't think of him as being Jewish.
That's nice. :rolleyes: