• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

born-again christians

syo

God doesn't force christianity upon us. He wants us to consciously follow christianity. that's why Jesus said the parable of the prodigal son. I see the prodigal son as a born-again christian whom God wholeheartedly accepts.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
God doesn't force christianity upon us. He wants us to consciously follow christianity. that's why Jesus said the parable of the prodigal son. I see the prodigal son as a born-again christian whom God wholeheartedly accepts.
In the parable, there was another son who never left. Does he work into your metaphor somehow?

syo

A truly loving god would base people on their actions not their beliefs.
Exactly. the christian way is based on actions. people think that by only believing they are saved, but that's deceitful. for example, God commanded we shall not steal. someone believes in God, goes to church but he steals. so he doesn't follow the christian way. someone else doesn't believe in God, he never goes to church and he never steals. the last one follows God's command, so he follows the christian way. actions speak louder than words. unfortunately people ''follow'' God's will by thinking alone, that's wrong.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I see Christianity as being the religion for the worst of the worst. So damned by their own actions and thought that their only way to God is by proxy.

The Jews have a contract with God. As long as they live up to their side of the bargain, God will allow them to be successful.

Christian couldn't manage that so Jesus came to take upon himself God's wrath so they still might have access to God.

The other son was already with God. Already had access to God. Christianity is for those who left God and have no hope of finding their way back on their own.

For some reason, many Christians think other folks are in the same boat as they. Everyone else is as irredeemable as themselves.

Reactions: syo

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I see Christianity as being the religion for the worst of the worst. So damned by their own actions and thought that their only way to God is by proxy.

Christian couldn't manage that so Jesus came to take upon himself God's wrath so they still might have access to God.

The other son was already with God. Already had access to God. Christianity is for those who left God and have no hope of finding their way back on their own.

For some reason, many Christians think other folks are in the same boat as they. Everyone else is as irredeemable as themselves.
That is some nonsense, you have written there.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That is some nonsense, you have written there.

Religion is an excellent place for nonsense.

dr_seuss.jpg

David1967

Premium Member
Apart from the, you know, hell thing.

Exactly. Which brings the question of why there was no mention of a fiery hell in the Old Testament. You'd think such an awful place would have been worth mentioning.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Jesus died on cross to save sinners.

There's so many ways to interpret the Bible. Not to say your way is wrong and my way is right but consider...

John 3 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

I'm not afraid of the light, certainly not afraid of the truth. I've no evil intent towards anyone.

it doesn't seem that complicated.